Page 77 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 885

Thread: Obama State of the Union

  1. #761
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The problem is you don't understand a fact from an opinion. It is a fact that TX has a surplus
    Wrong. The comptroller stated that tax revenues are down $1 billion currently. How the hell is that a surplus?

    it is also a fact that based upon the poor Obama economy that it has a PROJECTED deficit. Do you understand the difference?
    Come again? How is current revenues being outpaced by current expenditures a surplus?

    Clearly, you have no understanding of basic finance or accounting.

    “Everyone agrees there will be a budget deficit and it will be much bigger than in 2003 (when lawmakers also faced a deficit). But it’s better than 2003 because we did not give them this much warning.”
    Brenham Banner-Press > Archives > News > Budget deficit looming -- Perry, Dewhurst, Straus ask agencies to submit plans to cut spending

    You know, Navy Pride isn't going to like having a challenger for the title of Champion of Epic Failness.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #762
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Excellent example of changing the subject when backed into a corner by misrepresentation of the facts.
    Facts? Since when did he have any facts?

    He argued that a rainy day fund counts as a surplus. No respectable accountant anywhere would agree with him on that. He failed to realize that Texas right now has a billion dollars in expenditures outpacing revenues. That is by definition an operating deficit. Of Forbes's top 10 housing markets, only 3, not 5 are in Texas. He failed to notice that the Texas projections are for just one year.

    It is amusing watching him try to argue that a projected deficit between $7 billion and $20 billion is actually a surplus because it's just a deficit. Granted, I don't know the state of actuaries and economists in Texas, but to have that large of a spread is Biblical Failure. "We [Republican Comptroller] projected a huge deficit, but we actually had a surplus!" Sounds like Enron.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #763
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Let me know when you figure out what "current expenditures outpace current revenues by $1 billion."

    Amusing. When I post a link showing the top 10 which shows you are wrong, you counter with a site with significantly more. Sure, Texas has 5 of the top housing markets....when the sample is massive.



    You are way too immature to admit it.

    And a rainy day fund does not count as a budgetary surplus. It never has and never will.
    Oh, I have it figured out quite well as I live in TX. I keep wondering why you want to spread your liberal misery equally to everyone else.

    I countered your claims with information to the contrary. Now I wonder why it is that people like you have a problem with what is going on in TX and why you have a problem with TX doing so much better than the rest of the nation.

    Most intelligent people understand how to "steal shamelessly" but others like you have too big of an ego to do that. No one can teach you a thing.

  4. #764
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Facts? Since when did he have any facts?

    He argued that a rainy day fund counts as a surplus. No respectable accountant anywhere would agree with him on that. He failed to realize that Texas right now has a billion dollars in expenditures outpacing revenues. That is by definition an operating deficit. Of Forbes's top 10 housing markets, only 3, not 5 are in Texas. He failed to notice that the Texas projections are for just one year.

    It is amusing watching him try to argue that a projected deficit between $7 billion and $20 billion is actually a surplus because it's just a deficit. Granted, I don't know the state of actuaries and economists in Texas, but to have that large of a spread is Biblical Failure. "We [Republican Comptroller] projected a huge deficit, but we actually had a surplus!" Sounds like Enron.
    Sounds like a little jealousy to me. You just hate it that the state of TX is in such better shape than the rest of the nation and has lower taxes than yours. The people of TX understand personal responsibility and we also understand that we have a disaster in the WH.

    I suggest you do a little more research on the state of TX and learn how the govt. here works. Projected deficit? Even with that disaster in the WH the people of TX will figure out how to not violate the state Constitution and prevent an actual deficit from occurring

  5. #765
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Oh, I have it figured out quite well as I live in TX.
    Doesn't appear so based on your "facts'

    I countered your claims with information to the contrary.
    You did no such thing other then argue that Texas has 5 of the best housing markets out of a larger sample. By that measure, California has 5 of the best housing markets out of a massive sample. Does that tell us anything? No. It's just you being dishonest as usual.

    Now I wonder why it is that people like you have a problem with what is going on in TX and why you have a problem with TX doing so much better than the rest of the nation.
    Okay, go figure out your $10 billion deficit.

    Most intelligent people understand how to "steal shamelessly" but others like you have too big of an ego to do that. No one can teach you a thing.
    I'm not the one who argued that a state with a $10 billion dollar deficit actually has a surplus because it has a rainy day fund. You did.
    Furthermore, I'm not the one who argued that a prior year funded rainy day fund counts as a current revenue item on a state budget. You did.

    It's amusing how you think your own Republican comptroller is wrong after she stated that the current expenditures are outpacing current revenues by a billion dollars.

    Tell me how that's a surplus. If you can. But you won't. Because you can't.

    Well, thanks for again showing you make up your own facts with no regard for reality.

    Texas is currently facing an operating deficit with a larger projected deficit, but you think it has a surplus.

    Wait, I know better. You don't even know what operating deficit means.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #766
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sounds like a little jealousy to me. You just hate it that the state of TX is in such better shape than the rest of the nation and has lower taxes than yours. The people of TX understand personal responsibility and we also understand that we have a disaster in the WH.

    I suggest you do a little more research on the state of TX and learn how the govt. here works. Projected deficit? Even with that disaster in the WH the people of TX will figure out how to not violate the state Constitution and prevent an actual deficit from occurring
    So you guys going to give us that $17billion back then?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #767
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Doesn't appear so based on your "facts'



    You did no such thing other then argue that Texas has 5 of the best housing markets out of a larger sample. By that measure, California has 5 of the best housing markets out of a massive sample. Does that tell us anything? No. It's just you being dishonest as usual.



    Okay, go figure out your $10 billion deficit.



    I'm not the one who argued that a state with a $10 billion dollar deficit actually has a surplus because it has a rainy day fund. You did.
    Furthermore, I'm not the one who argued that a prior year funded rainy day fund counts as a current revenue item on a state budget. You did.

    It's amusing how you think your own Republican comptroller is wrong after she stated that the current expenditures are outpacing current revenues by a billion dollars.

    Tell me how that's a surplus. If you can. But you won't. Because you can't.

    Well, thanks for again showing you make up your own facts with no regard for reality.

    Texas is currently facing an operating deficit with a larger projected deficit, but you think it has a surplus.

    Wait, I know better. You don't even know what operating deficit means.
    Whether you buy it or not is irrelevant. TX is in better shape than every other large state in the country and that must drive you crazy.

  8. #768
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So you guys going to give us that $17billion back then?
    Why would we give it back? You going to apply it to the debt?

  9. #769
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why would we give it back? You going to apply it to the debt?
    What do you care? You don't need it. You have it all figured out.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #770
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Whether you buy it or not is irrelevant. TX is in better shape than every other large state in the country and that must drive you crazy.
    So you have no problems lying then?

    Btw, Texas has been in a deficit for a couple years:

    Texas state budget - Sunshine Review

    It still cracks me up you argued that if a state has a rainy day fund, it has a surplus! What total fail in understanding basic government accounting.

    I would link you the Texas CAFR, but I know you have no understanding of accounting or finance.

    Oh look:

    "Tell me how that's a surplus. If you can. But you won't. Because you can't. "

    I said that....and I was right. You can't.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 77 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •