Page 76 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 885

Thread: Obama State of the Union

  1. #751
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Clearly you didn't read your own articles, but thanks for admitting you don't know what the term "surplus" means.



    It's amusing how you are claiming a rainy day fund, much of which was funded by prior year taxes counts as an annual budgetary surplus for the current fiscal year.

    According to your logic, Texas, which faces a budgetary deficit of $10 billion has a surplus because a rainy day fund has $8.2 billion in it. Therefore, all states who are facing budgetary deficits actually have surpluses if their rainy day funds have a penny or more according to you.

    Clearly, you have no understanding of basic finance or accounting.

    Note this:



    Except that the projection of $10 billion deficit is for just next year. Or you are again not reading your own articles?

    Btw, your own state comptroller, who's a Republican said this: "We believe that unemployment bottomed out in September."

    Texas comptroller: Budget shortfall outlook overblown | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Latest News

    By the way, which is a larger number, $10 billion or $8.2 billion? If Texas took its entire rainy day fund to plug the hole, it would still be $1.8 billion in the hole.

    I find it amusing how you think you are smarter but you can't even get basic math correct.



    You act like one. And you do want the economy to tank to take down Obama. You are outright refusing to address how U6 went down because it blows your arguments out of the water. Hell, you are going out of your way to pretend U6 doesn't exist anymore despite you attacking Obama on it before!

    Perhaps when you finally start earning money for yourself you'd figure it out.
    Let me know when you figure out the definition of a PROJECTED deficit?

  2. #752
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    O'rly?

    Where are the Jobs? | Indeed.com



    I see the ability to count eludes you:
    America's Best Housing Markets - 10. Austin-Round Rock, Texas - Forbes.com



    Yeah, like paying down the debt.

    White House Aims to Cut Deficit With TARP Cash - WSJ.com

    I believe we should start calling you the new Navy Pride. You get everything wrong.

    As for the Housing markets, here is my source, so which is right?

    http://www.builderonline.com/local-m...9.aspx?page=12

    As for home building,

    http://www.texaswideopenforbusiness....ebuilding.html


    If it happens I will admit I was wrong, until it happens, you are wrong, but thanks for being here to save me from myself.
    Last edited by Conservative; 02-20-10 at 09:53 PM.

  3. #753
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Failed? How many jobs we talking about? U6 went down. Even Conservative won't argue with that. As firms are still cutting, this implies that jobs are also being created.
    So people who no longer are looking are counted on U6?

    More smoking mirrors like Obama counting raises as jobs saved.

    You can't say jobs created or saved because Obama has lied so much no one can find the truth.

  4. #754
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Projections? You mean like the projected 1.6 trillion dollar deficit this fiscal year in the OBAMA Budget?
    Excellent example of changing the subject when backed into a corner by misrepresentation of the facts.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #755
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Excellent example of changing the subject when backed into a corner by misrepresentation of the facts.
    So you don't want facts do get in the way of your propaganda?

  6. #756
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So you don't want facts do get in the way of your propaganda?
    Are you denying the facts I presented that Texas requested 21 Billion dollars of the Stimulus money and was awarded $17 billion dollars?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #757
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Excellent example of changing the subject when backed into a corner by misrepresentation of the facts.
    The problem is you don't understand a fact from an opinion. It is a fact that TX has a surplus, it is also a fact that based upon the poor Obama economy that it has a PROJECTED deficit. Do you understand the difference?

    Let me help you, one is actual and the other could happen. Which one is real?

    Why is it that Obama supporters want to spread their misery equally to everyone else?

  8. #758
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Are you denying the facts I presented that Texas requested 21 Billion dollars of the Stimulus money and was awarded $17 billion dollars?
    Catawba, you have an interesting yet typical debate tactic of diverting from the disaster in the WH to issues you truly do not understand. Throughout this thread you have been given actual verifiable facts that can be found at BEA.gov, BLS.gov, U.S. Treasury, U.S. Census but you ignore those facts and counter with opinions and projections that present a partisan point of view.

    I don't blame you from running from the Obama record and ignoring the state of the economy today by focusing on placing blame vs. taking responsibility.

    "Your" President is a campaigner, not a leader. He is great at placing blame vs. accepting responsibility. His economic results affect all states and no matter how fiscally responsible a state is, i.e. TX, it is going to suffer as a result of the National economy.

    In any state ranking you will find TX doing much better than other states in the nation with similar populations and similar problems. Instead of finding out why TX is faring better than other states, you prefer to go on attack and want TX to be as bad as other states.

    Some people never learn from their own mistakes. The people of TX are independent and understand personal responsibility. Other states should be trying to be more like TX yet continue down the same path of dependence that got them into the problem they are in today. There is certainly a role for the Federal Govt. but providing social services isn't one of them.

    Now you can change your tune and recognize the failure of liberalism and Obama or continue to buy the Obama rhetoric and be made a bigger fool. The choice is yours.

  9. #759
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Let me know when you figure out the definition of a PROJECTED deficit?
    Let me know when you figure out what "current expenditures outpace current revenues by $1 billion."

    Amusing. When I post a link showing the top 10 which shows you are wrong, you counter with a site with significantly more. Sure, Texas has 5 of the top housing markets....when the sample is massive.

    If it happens I will admit I was wrong, until it happens, you are wrong, but thanks for being here to save me from myself.
    You are way too immature to admit it.

    And a rainy day fund does not count as a budgetary surplus. It never has and never will.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #760
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So people who no longer are looking are counted on U6?
    You really outta look up what U6 is before opening your mouth. Or you might end up looking like Conservative who's wrong on everything.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 76 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •