Page 70 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 885

Thread: Obama State of the Union

  1. #691
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Wow I said 17% and it is 18% or 16.5% depending if you believe the adjustment or not.

    It still is about 10% to high.
    It is high? No doubt. Are you and Conservative flat out wrong that it's getting worse? Absolutely

    Are you two willing to admit you're wrong? Not a chance in hell.

    That means if jobs are still being lost Obama is losing the fight.
    I guess then Bush was still losing the fight because Americans were dying in Iraq even as the surge was working. Don't you hate it when people apply your twisted logic against you?

    Declining unemployment is a good sign. Especially when it's U6 that's coming down.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #692
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Still higher than the 11% approval of the Republicans. And Obama is at a 53% approval rate. That must really suck for the Republicans!




    Thanks donc!
    when is your poll from?
    Obama is at 49% or lower.


    RealClearPolitics - RealClearPolitics Poll Averages

  3. #693
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    It is high? No doubt. Are you and Conservative flat out wrong that it's getting worse? Absolutely

    Are you two willing to admit you're wrong? Not a chance in hell.
    Did I say it is getting worse?

    I said hundreds of thousands still losing jobs is not an improvement.

    When people are going back to work let me know.

    I am a truck driver and can't find a job first time in 15 years.

  4. #694
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Did I say it is getting worse?
    You disagreed with those who argued it was getting better.

    I said hundreds of thousands still losing jobs is not an improvement.
    Huh? 20,000 net jobs were lost in January. How the hell is that "hundreds of thousands." And claims include prior period. You have failed to understand your own link.

    Apparently losing 20,000 is "not an improvement" over 663,000 lost jobs.

    That's almost signature material.

    How about you stop watching cable news?

    I take by your refusal to address the Iraq issue, you accept your logic was hairbrained?
    Last edited by obvious Child; 02-17-10 at 03:00 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #695
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    when is your poll from?
    Obama is at 49% or lower.


    RealClearPolitics - RealClearPolitics Poll Averages
    Gallop puts Obama's job approval rating at 52%.
    Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

    We will have to wait for donc for the source for the Republicans 11% job approval rating, I quoted him.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #696
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Hardly a "leftwing website ".



    Employment Situation Summary
    Right, but learn how to read the report. The drop in unemployment was due to a reduction in the number of people being counted. Frustrated people dropping out of the labor market thus no longer being counted. Is that your definition of good news?

    There have been almost zero private sector jobs created and thus what Obama is doing is unsustainable. 6% of the people believe Obama. I now know two people in that group.

  7. #697
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    You disagreed with those who argued it was getting better.



    Huh? 20,000 net jobs were lost in January. How the hell is that "hundreds of thousands." And claims include prior period. You have failed to understand your own link.

    Apparently losing 20,000 is "not an improvement" over 663,000 lost jobs.

    That's almost signature material.

    How about you stop watching cable news?

    I take by your refusal to address the Iraq issue, you accept your logic was hairbrained?
    Apparently you don't understand how the Establishment and Household Surveys work. The unemployment rate only dropped because the number of people counted as unemployed dropped out of the workforce and no longer are being counted. That pleases the brainwashed. I now know 3 people making up that 6% who believe the stimulus program has worked in creating jobs.

    This country wasn't built on the principles Obama is implementing but the brainwashed jump for joy with every bit of so called good news, news that isn't good at all.

  8. #698
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Are saying Obama will be assassinated.
    I have to assume that you just made a statement. There was no question mark (?) to indicate that it was...
    interrogatory.

  9. #699
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Right, but learn how to read the report. The drop in unemployment was due to a reduction in the number of people being counted. Frustrated people dropping out of the labor market thus no longer being counted. Is that your definition of good news?

    There have been almost zero private sector jobs created and thus what Obama is doing is unsustainable. 6% of the people believe Obama. I now know two people in that group.
    I knew you would claim"Frustrated people dropping out of the labor market thus no longer being counted."Despite the fact that is has been the way jobless has been claimed forever.Check this out.



    Organizing for America | BarackObama.com | Road to Recovery

    Here is a link to the BLS archives so you can check and see if the Presidents data is off.

    Employment Situation Archived News Releases
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  10. #700
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    You disagreed with those who argued it was getting better.



    Huh? 20,000 net jobs were lost in January. How the hell is that "hundreds of thousands." And claims include prior period. You have failed to understand your own link.

    Apparently losing 20,000 is "not an improvement" over 663,000 lost jobs.

    That's almost signature material.

    How about you stop watching cable news?

    I take by your refusal to address the Iraq issue, you accept your logic was hairbrained?
    So hundreds of thousands of jobs lost is an improvement. When we get below 100,000 thousand talk to me.


    Jobless Claims Rose Unexpectedly To 480,000 Last Week


    The number of newly laid-off workers filing initial claims for jobless benefits rose unexpectedly last week, evidence that layoffs are continuing and jobs remain scarce.

    The rise is the fourth in the past five weeks. Most economists hoped that claims would resume a downward trend that was evident in the fall and early winter.

    The Labor Department said Thursday that new claims for unemployment insurance rose by 8,000 to a seasonally adjusted 480,000. Wall Street economists had expected a drop to 460,000, according to Thomson Reuters.

    The four-week average, which smooths fluctuations, rose for the third straight week to 468,750.

Page 70 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •