Page 44 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 885

Thread: Obama State of the Union

  1. #431
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So what? There is no proof that left alone they would not have figured out a way to fix it.

    Losing 4 million jobs does not show me that it helped.
    The only other means states had to "fix" budget shortfalls due to the Bush recession was to lay off workers or raise taxes, both of which would have made the recession worse for the people in that state.

    Losing 8 million jobs would have been twice as bad.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #432
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It would be refreshing for our leftwing socialists to actually admit what we all know, they don't have a clue how to stimulate and grow the economy. None have held a real job and thus don't understand business. looks like we have a lot of empty suits in the WH that get their support from people like you.
    And his enemies are : narcissists
    like yourself.

  3. #433
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Oooooo liberal bad conservative good. Way to go. You say you never listen to rush limbaugh but you use his talking points.
    What I listen to is logic and common sense, you ought to try it sometime. You haven't a clue how free enterprise and capitalism works. Your own lack of ability, risk taking, and initiative is to blame for your poor lot in life and why you need Obama's style of help.

    Rush Limbaugh doesn't have a thing to do with the way I think. I am a conservative and proud of it.

  4. #434
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    And his enemies are : narcissists
    like yourself.
    I am not his enemy although his economic policies are the enemy of free enterprise and capitalism. It destroys incentive and is bankrupting this country. I would have thought someone your age would be more experienced and smarter than you appear.

  5. #435
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    We weren't in a depression when he took office, unemployment was 7.6%. Is it higher or lower now? You buy what you are told by Obama when the facts prove that he has yet to keep a major campaign promise.
    We were headed that way, the whole economy was about to collapse.

    Obama will spend more money and create more debt in 2 years than Bush did in 8. You buy that it was money that needed to spend. Millions of Americans disagree and you are in a minority that believes that the stimulus worked
    The old crystal ball again! LOL!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #436
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What I listen to is logic and common sense, you ought to try it sometime. You haven't a clue how free enterprise and capitalism works. Your own lack of ability, risk taking, and initiative is to blame for your poor lot in life and why you need Obama's style of help.

    Rush Limbaugh doesn't have a thing to do with the way I think. I am a conservative and proud of it.
    Quite the contrary I live a rich and full life full of good karma. I fear no evil like you.

  7. #437
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The only other means states had to "fix" budget shortfalls due to the Bush recession was to lay off workers or raise taxes, both of which would have made the recession worse for the people in that state.

    Losing 8 million jobs would have been twice as bad.
    You are right, that Bush recession with a Democratic Congress led to the most massive spending in U.S. History and more debt in 2 years than Bush created in 8. What do we have to show for it, millions and millions of Americans out of work.

    Do you even understand the term personal responsibility? Most liberals don't and apparently you fit into that group. States have the responsibility for their own issues and taking money from the Govt. shirks that responsiblity.

  8. #438
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I am not his enemy although his economic policies are the enemy of free enterprise and capitalism. It destroys incentive and is bankrupting this country. I would have thought someone your age would be more experienced and smarter than you appear.
    There you go with the age factor, young man. It shows your immaturity and how very provincial you really are.

  9. #439
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Quite the contrary I live a rich and full life full of good karma. I fear no evil like you.
    Congratulations, I am happy for you. So since you live such a rich and full life why are so many others having a problem? Are you that much smarter than the unemployed and the millions of others suffering?

  10. #440
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    There you go with the age factor, young man. It shows your immaturity and how very provincial you really are.
    Yep, I am 4 years younger than you told me you were but ages smarter. I will survive the Obama disaster, too bad most like you won't

Page 44 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •