Page 32 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 885

Thread: Obama State of the Union

  1. #311
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Keep projecting and showing that you haven't a clue. I have never listened to Michael Savage but that doesn't stop you from assuming.

    I am a conservative that learned to "trust but verify" something apparently foreign to you. You cite the Daily Kos poll and seem to believe that has credibility. All polls depend on the questions asked and the form of those questions. You assume they are accurate because you want them to be accurate. The only true poll that matters are the results from the election polls.

    Obama and the radical left appeal to a declining base today as evidenced by the election results from MA., N.J., and Va. Keep spouting the leftwing rhetoric as it appears to be working for you. The support for Obama continues to drop as does the support for the radical leftwing agenda.
    You really lean right,. I think. I could say the same thing about the right wing and reagan who cut taxes for the rich and took from the poor. As far as the link I provided it had other links to back up what was reported. It is only a blog. Take it or leave it. Read it, or don't read it, I don't give a darn. Put me on your ignore button if you do not like what I post. Nobody is twisting your arm, you know.

  2. #312
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    You really lean right,. I think. I could say the same thing about the right wing and reagan who cut taxes for the rich and took from the poor. As far as the link I provided it had other links to back up what was reported. It is only a blog. Take it or leave it. Read it, or don't read it, I don't give a darn. Put me on your ignore button if you do not like what I post. Nobody is twisting your arm, you know.
    I see, so Reagan who is ranked as one of our top Presidents gave a tax cut to only the rich and took money from the poor? How does allowing people to keep more of THEIR money take money from the poor? How did he take money away from the poor? Do you think your money belongs to someone else?

    From your age, you should have been working during the 80's. Were you one of those rich people that got to keep more of what they earned? If so did you do your civic duty and send that tax refund to the poor? Or were you among the poor that Reagan took away from?

    This is liberal logic that I will never understand

  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I see, so Reagan who is ranked as one of our top Presidents gave a tax cut to only the rich and took money from the poor? How does allowing people to keep more of THEIR money take money from the poor? How did he take money away from the poor? Do you think your money belongs to someone else?

    From your age, you should have been working during the 80's. Were you one of those rich people that got to keep more of what they earned? If so did you do your civic duty and send that tax refund to the poor? Or were you among the poor that Reagan took away from?

    This is liberal logic that I will never understand
    We have a graduated tax system. Reagan took the exreme of graduated taxes and perverted it into trickle down economics.

    I was one of those blue collar workers who was triying to catch some of reagans greese drippings.

    Every year at festival time the lords of the manor would have a festival at which greese dripping were given to the peasants.

    Daily life in medieval Europe - Google Books

  4. #314
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    LiberalAvenger;1058551746]We have a graduated tax system. Reagan took the exreme of graduated taxes and perverted it into trickle down economics.

    I was one of those blue collar workers who was triying to catch some of reagans greese drippings.
    I don't see an answer to the question, did you or did you not get a tax cut during the Reagan years?

    How did Reagan take money from the poor as a result of allowing individuals to keep more of what they earned?

    The rest of your post is just more diversion. I wish I could type slower for you so you can understand the questions.

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I don't see an answer to the question, did you or did you not get a tax cut during the Reagan years?

    How did Reagan take money from the poor as a result of allowing individuals to keep more of what they earned?

    The rest of your post is just more diversion. I wish I could type slower for you so you can understand the questions.
    You are disregarding the payroll tax where the rich stop paying it after a certain amount. Sure, I got a tax cut but I was not for one. I was willing to pay more in taxes for social programs for the needy.

    I had no recourse but to accept the tax cut. I would have been a fool not to accept it. I used that money to contribute money to the poor.

  6. #316
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    LiberalAvenger;1058551817]You are disregarding the payroll tax where the rich stop paying it after a certain amount. Sure, I got a tax cut but I was not for one. I was willing to pay more in taxes for social programs for the needy.

    Do you understand where the payroll tax goes? think about it instead of reading leftwing blogs that make you look foolish.

    If you are willing to pay more why don't you send the IRS more? Better yet stop expecting the Federal govt. to do more and get your state and local govt. to do more.

    I am still waiting for how Reagan took money from the poor? Stopping the payroll tax only affects SS contributions which are supposed to go back to the individual who "contributed" to the fund.

    I had no recourse but to accept the tax cut. I would have been a fool not to accept it. I used that money to contribute money to the poor.
    Great, now shouldn't that be the choice of others as well instead of "forced" contribution by the Govt.?

  7. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LiberalAvenger;1058551817]You are disregarding the payroll tax where the rich stop paying it after a certain amount. Sure, I got a tax cut but I was not for one. I was willing to pay more in taxes for social programs for the needy.

    Do you understand where the payroll tax goes? think about it instead of reading leftwing blogs that make you look foolish.

    If you are willing to pay more why don't you send the IRS more? Better yet stop expecting the Federal govt. to do more and get your state and local govt. to do more.

    I am still waiting for how Reagan took money from the poor? Stopping the payroll tax only affects SS contributions which are supposed to go back to the individual who "contributed" to the fund.



    Great, now shouldn't that be the choice of others as well instead of "forced" contribution by the Govt.?
    No, Read the 16th Amendment.

  8. #318
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    No, Read the 16th Amendment.
    Look, it is obvious to me that you will not answer the question because to do so would force you to admit that you were wrong, AGAIN.

    Reagan tax cuts went to all individuals. Payroll taxes go to SS and Medicare which come back to the individual therefore Reagan did NOT take anything away from the poor.

  9. #319
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    It was, but Obama is not bound by an agreement signed by Bush, as Congress did not sign off on it.
    He is not bound by it, but he is following it anyways.


    And that does still does not change the fact that Bush ordered us to war with Iraq and Obama ordered the Pentagon to withdraw from Iraq.

    That is the way it will be remembered in 2012.
    What will be remembered in 2012 is that the surge Obama fought so hard against worked to achieve victory in Iraq, and that Obama did nothing except decide to follow Bush's withdrawal plan.

    Of course, nobody will really remember Iraq in 2012. They're already mostly forgotten about it.


    With that said, I would prefer a much quicker withdrawal, but I had a choice between 16 months that one candidate offered versus 50, maybe 100 years that the other candidate offered.
    They both proposed the same damn thing. McCain's "100 years" comment related to establishing permanent bases even after withdrawing troops, something that Obama will probably do.

  10. #320
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Look, it is obvious to me that you will not answer the question because to do so would force you to admit that you were wrong, AGAIN.

    Reagan tax cuts went to all individuals. Payroll taxes go to SS and Medicare which come back to the individual therefore Reagan did NOT take anything away from the poor.
    You are good at parsing and sophism. See and hear what you want to. No matter what I say you will disagree.

    The world is round./

Page 32 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •