Page 28 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 885

Thread: Obama State of the Union

  1. #271
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Better tell it to BLS because obviously they got it wrong. 8 million jobs lost since the recession began in December 2007 with 4 million of those jobs lost since Janaury 2009

    Obama had a 1.47 trillion deficit in Fiscal Year 2009, a projected deficit of 1.6 trillion in fiscal year 2010, and another 1.3 trillion in fiscal year 2011. Obama was in the Senate the last two years of Bush, voted for the spending, but apparently has nothing to do with the outcome. You really need to take a civics lesson.

    Yep, and "your" President has put Bush spending on steroids. 1.47 trillion in 2009, 1.6 trillion in 2010, and 1.3 trillion in 2011. See how good your math is as that adds up to more debt in 3 years than Bush had in 8 and almost triple Reagan's Debt. You must be so proud.

    I really don't expect intellectual honesty on your part but that is exactly the Bush doctrine, Iraqis stand up and the U.S. stands down. Who is the Obama Secretary of Defense and where did he come from? Bush won the war in Iraq and you can't stand it.

    You are absolutely a lost cause, incapable of anything but partisan rhetoric that ignores actual conditions or facts that led to the results you want to give Obama credit for. Obviously you need Barack Obama. Good luck, you are going to need it.
    Thanks for you opinion! If you can ever find facts to back it up, please let me know!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #272
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    Actually, Obama has done nothing to accelerate troop withdrawal from the rate that Bush already planned; he is simply carrying out Bush's plans.
    Bush only talked about withdrawing the troops. Obama is actually withdrawing the troops.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #273
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Bush only talked about withdrawing the troops. Obama is actually withdrawing the troops.
    Again, you are wrong, though unless you're going to actually look at the facts I see no need to argue. Obama is withdrawing troops under the same schedule that Bush agreed on.

  4. #274
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    Again, you are wrong, though unless you're going to actually look at the facts I see no need to argue. Obama is withdrawing troops under the same schedule that Bush agreed on.
    Again, Bush only talked about doing it, after stupidly sending troops there in the first place.

    Obama is the one doing the withdrawal.

    Bush will be remembered as starting a debt busting war and 7 year occupation of a country that never attacked us, and Obama will be remembered for putting an end to it. It is one of the things that help get him get reelected in 2012.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #275
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,261

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Thanks for you opinion! If you can ever find facts to back it up, please let me know!
    Facts? Why post them, you ignore them. BLS.gov will give you those facts but they don't support your point of view so you don't care.

    Obama signed a 787 billion dollar stimulus program that continued to raise unemployment yet you buy the Obama rhetoric and ignore the actual facts. Hard to deal with people like you who refuse to believe what is actually happening.

    You are a perfect example of the problems we have with the education system in this country. It doesn't appear that you have a clue as to the role of the govt. and want it to be something it was never intended to be.

  6. #276
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,261

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Again, Bush only talked about doing it, after stupidly sending troops there in the first place.

    Obama is the one doing the withdrawal.

    Bush will be remembered as starting a debt busting war and 7 year occupation of a country that never attacked us, and Obama will be remembered for putting an end to it. It is one of the things that help get him get reelected in 2012.
    You really have BDS badly, please seek help.

  7. #277
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Facts? Why post them, you ignore them. BLS.gov will give you those facts but they don't support your point of view so you don't care. Obama signed a 787 billion dollar stimulus program that continued to raise unemployment yet you buy the Obama rhetoric and ignore the actual facts. Hard to deal with people like you who refuse to believe what is actually happening. You are a perfect example of the problems we have with the education system in this country. It doesn't appear that you have a clue as to the role of the govt. and want it to be something it was never intended to be.

    More opinion and no facts!

    Do you just not care that your opinion without facts has no credibility whatsoever?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #278
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Again, Bush only talked about doing it, after stupidly sending troops there in the first place.

    Obama is the one doing the withdrawal.

    Bush will be remembered as starting a debt busting war and 7 year occupation of a country that never attacked us, and Obama will be remembered for putting an end to it. It is one of the things that help get him get reelected in 2012.
    If you're going to continue emitting talking points without researching or addressing the fact that Bush signed the treaty of withdrawal from Iraq, and Obama is only following it through, then fine, whatever helps you sleep at night. I really don't care.

  9. #279
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Yeah, and you have no problem with nixon not being impeached and pardoned by gerald ford?
    Nixon had the integrity to step down.

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Nixon was never impeached. He was a man and resigned before impeachment proceedings were started. That is more than Clinton would ever do. Clinton made history by being the second President ever impeached.
    Clinton was the first elected President impeached

Page 28 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •