Page 27 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 885

Thread: Obama State of the Union

  1. #261
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    You have not showed me any facts, yet you claim to know it all.
    And he never will, facts are not his style. Much too stubborn they are!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #262
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Hows that hope and change working out for you?
    Great, we are no longer sliding into a depression, the troops are being withdrawn from Iraq, he has created more green jobs and done more to decrease global warming than any president in history, has announced he will discontinue the Bush tax cuts, passed a PAYGO bill to prevent further National debt, putting new regulations on big banks, and requiring them to pay fees for the repayment of the money we loaned to them.

    It is more than I expected him to do in just his first year in office and I am excited at what else he will accomplish in his 7 years remaining in office!!!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #263
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Great, we are no longer sliding into a depression, the troops are being withdrawn from Iraq, he has created more green jobs and done more to decrease global warming than any president in history, has announced he will discontinue the Bush tax cuts, passed a PAYGO bill to prevent further National debt, putting new regulations on big banks, and requiring them to pay fees for the repayment of the money we loaned to them.

    It is more than I expected him to do in just his first year in office and I am excited at what else he will accomplish in his 7 years remaining in office!!!
    "Feelings, all I have is feelings" should be your theme song. Prove what you say is true.

    I am so happy for you although I doubt the 4 million people who have lost their job since January 2009 agree with you. I further doubt that the 3 trillion dollars added to the debt in just two years is something anyone is proud of so can't wait for Paygo to work.

    As for Iraq, the Bush doctrine is working as implemented by the Bush Secretary of Defense.

    Some people haven't a clue so I guess I can add you to that list.

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    "Feelings, all I have is feelings" should be your theme song. Prove what you say is true.

    I am so happy for you although I doubt the 4 million people who have lost their job since January 2009 agree with you. I further doubt that the 3 trillion dollars added to the debt in just two years is something anyone is proud of so can't wait for Paygo to work.

    As for Iraq, the Bush doctrine is working as implemented by the Bush Secretary of Defense.

    Some people haven't a clue so I guess I can add you to that list.
    Yeah, and I guess they finally found the weapons of mass destruction among the bloodied and crippled Iraqi children Mission accoimplished!

    Too bad bush's proposal to privatize social security was not passed

    The country would be in even greater shape than it is now

  5. #265
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    And he never will, facts are not his style. Much too stubborn they are!
    How about giving me your definition of facts since BEA, BLS, and the U.S. Treasury data don't count. Looks to me like your personal opinions are considered facts.

    I don't understand people like you and never will. You buy what you are told and ignore anything that contradicts your point of view thus you ignore it.

    You make wild claims and accusations that you cannot back up factually and buy the rhetoric of the empty suit in the WH ignoring the damage he is doing to you and the country, but what the hell, you feel good. Carry on

  6. #266
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    LiberalAvenger;1058549180]Yeah, and I guess they finally found the weapons of mass destruction among the bloodied and crippled Iraqi children Mission accoimplished!

    War is hell, always will be hell but the alternative to allowing Saddam Hussein to remain in power would have been much,much worse.

    A lot of world leaders and U.S. politicians believed he had WMD but that was only one of the reasons to go to war in Iraq. Of course you have no interest in even reading the resolution.

    Can you explain to me why our military still has the greatest respect for Bush and very little for Obama?

    Too bad bush's proposal to privatize social security was not passed
    Yes, I would love to have every dollar I put into SS over my 35 year working career back. That money put into a simple savings account would have made me millions. You simply don't have a clue.

    The country would be in even greater shape than it is now
    [/QUOTE]

    I would take Bush back in a heartbeat. Billboards are being put up all over the country with a picture of Bush and the message "Miss me yet?" More and more are seeing eactly what Obama is doing and giving a resounding yes!!

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LiberalAvenger;1058549180]Yeah, and I guess they finally found the weapons of mass destruction among the bloodied and crippled Iraqi children Mission accoimplished!

    War is hell, always will be hell but the alternative to allowing Saddam Hussein to remain in power would have been much,much worse.

    A lot of world leaders and U.S. politicians believed he had WMD but that was only one of the reasons to go to war in Iraq. Of course you have no interest in even reading the resolution.

    Can you explain to me why our military still has the greatest respect for Bush and very little for Obama?

    How do you know that the military has more respect for bush? Again because you say so?

    BTW Obama pushed through a pay raise this year for the military. That should make you happy. SS did not get a cola this year. That should make you even happierabout Obama.

    Didn't you hear, the market crashed and millions of americans lost thier pension funds because of it. Where have you been?



    Yes, I would love to have every dollar I put into SS over my 35 year working career back. That money put into a simple savings account would have made me millions. You simply don't have a clue.
    I would take Bush back in a heartbeat. Billboards are being put up all over the country with a picture of Bush and the message "Miss me yet?" More and more are seeing eactly what Obama is doing and giving a resounding yes!![/QUOTE]

    Whoa! Billboards? I am really impressed!
    Last edited by LiberalAvenger; 02-09-10 at 04:23 PM.

  8. #268
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Prove what you say is true.

    CHART OF THE DAY: It's Official: Obama Is Creaming Bush When It Comes To Jobs


    I further doubt that the 3 trillion dollars added to the debt in just two years
    First off Obama has only been in office 1 year, not two.
    Presidential Inauguration 2009 - A Guide to Inauguration Events in Washington, DC

    The National debt when he walked in the white house was $10.7 trillion.
    PolitiFact | $5 trillion added to national debt under Bush

    The current debt is $12.35 trillion.
    U.S. National Debt Clock

    can't wait for Paygo to work.
    Me either! To bad we didn't have it when Bush ran up $5 trillion in debt.
    House sends debt limit increase, pay/go to White House (2/5/10) -- GovExec.com

    As for Iraq, the Bush doctrine is working as implemented by the Bush Secretary of Defense.
    Obama is the one withdrawing the troops. Bush is the one that stupidly sent them there.
    U.S Troop Withdrawal From Iraq Begins | Trends Updates
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #269
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Better tell it to BLS because obviously they got it wrong. 8 million jobs lost since the recession began in December 2007 with 4 million of those jobs lost since Janaury 2009

    First off Obama has only been in office 1 year, not two.
    Presidential Inauguration 2009 - A Guide to Inauguration Events in Washington, DC
    Obama had a 1.47 trillion deficit in Fiscal Year 2009, a projected deficit of 1.6 trillion in fiscal year 2010, and another 1.3 trillion in fiscal year 2011. Obama was in the Senate the last two years of Bush, voted for the spending, but apparently has nothing to do with the outcome. You really need to take a civics lesson.

    The National debt when he walked in the white house was $10.7 trillion.
    PolitiFact | $5 trillion added to national debt under Bush

    The current debt is $12.35 trillion.
    U.S. National Debt Clock
    Yep, and "your" President has put Bush spending on steroids. 1.47 trillion in 2009, 1.6 trillion in 2010, and 1.3 trillion in 2011. See how good your math is as that adds up to more debt in 3 years than Bush had in 8 and almost triple Reagan's Debt. You must be so proud.



    Obama is the one withdrawing the troops. Bush is the one that stupidly sent them there.
    [url=http://trendsupdates.com/u-s-troop-withdrawal-from-iraq-begins/]U.S Troop Withdrawal From Iraq Begins | Trends Updates[/url
    I really don't expect intellectual honesty on your part but that is exactly the Bush doctrine, Iraqis stand up and the U.S. stands down. Who is the Obama Secretary of Defense and where did he come from? Bush won the war in Iraq and you can't stand it.

    You are absolutely a lost cause, incapable of anything but partisan rhetoric that ignores actual conditions or facts that led to the results you want to give Obama credit for. Obviously you need Barack Obama. Good luck, you are going to need it.

  10. #270
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Obama is the one withdrawing the troops. Bush is the one that stupidly sent them there.
    U.S Troop Withdrawal From Iraq Begins | Trends Updates
    Actually, Obama has done nothing to accelerate troop withdrawal from the rate that Bush already planned; he is simply carrying out Bush's plans.

Page 27 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •