Page 19 of 89 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 885

Thread: Obama State of the Union

  1. #181
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    That's perfectly fine with me.
    Still waiting for the number of Presidents that you have actually been old enough to vote for. You claimed Bush was the worst President ever but that doesn't mean a lot of you weren't around during other Administrations.

    I am old enough to have voted for 11 Presidents, Reagan was the best, Carter the worst.

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Still waiting for the number of Presidents that you have actually been old enough to vote for. You claimed Bush was the worst President ever but that doesn't mean a lot of you weren't around during other Administrations.

    I am old enough to have voted for 11 Presidents, Reagan was the best, Carter the worst.
    I am 67. Voted for a few of them, even carter who is a great humanitarian and Christrian.

  3. #183
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    I am 67. Voted for a few of them, even carter who is a great humanitarian and Christrian.
    Yes, but a very poor leader and President. Too naive and a poor manager

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, but a very poor leader and President. Too naive and a poor manager
    History will be the judge, I believe, if the world lasts that much longer.

  5. #185
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    History will be the judge, I believe, if the world lasts that much longer.
    It has been thirty years and history is already judging him. You confuse what he is doing as a humanitarian and a Christian to what he did as a President. Historians rank Carter near the bottom and that is where he belongs. the results speak for themselves.

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It has been thirty years and history is already judging him. You confuse what he is doing as a humanitarian and a Christian to what he did as a President. Historians rank Carter near the bottom and that is where he belongs. the results speak for themselves.
    He was a navy veteran, an expert in nuclear physics, and we never had a war under him.

    While he was president, the arab oil embargo occured. No president could have withstood such an occurrence. Some people have a way of blaming the president for everything that happens.

    BTW, how about the terrorist bombing of the marines in lebonon, during reagan's admin. He cut tail and ran.
    Last edited by LiberalAvenger; 02-05-10 at 11:01 PM.

  7. #187
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    He was a navy veteran, an expert in nuclear physics, and we never had a war under him.

    While he was president, the arab oil embargo occured. No president could have withstood such an occurrence. Some people have a way of blaming the president for everything that happens.

    BTW, how about the terrorist bombing of the marines in lebonon, during reagan's admin. He cut tail and ran.
    He should have remained in the navy and developed better leadership skills. His economic policy was a disaster and let to 20+ per cent interest rates and high inflation. His foreign policy led to the take over of the U.S. Embassy in Iran and his failed rescue effort again showed poor leadership and poor execution. His results rank at near the bottom in all categories as does his overall ranking.

    Not sure what this has to do with Obama and this thread but I can tell you, Obama is no Ronald Reagan. Reagan inspired a nation and empowered the people. Obama apologizes for the greatness of this country and inspires greater increases in the size of the Federal govt. He seems to have disdain for the economic engine that drives this economy, small business and believes it is the government's role to provide the growth out of this recession. What do you expect from an empty suit community organizer that was completely unqualified to be President.

    He was and is a good human being but now a bitter old man. No former President in U.S. History has been as critical of other President's as Carter. He has done more harm in foreign relations than any other President in recent history.

    Reagan made a mistake in Lebanon but pulled out because of the bigger picture. Having our troops as a target without the backup and the national commitment would have led to a bigger disaster.

    You can minimize what Reagan did but his economic results and distruction of the Soviet Union which led to the end of the Cold War and a peace dividend cannot be ignored or minimized

    There is no such thing as the perfect President. They all make mistakes. Reagan however is revered by the majority in this country, ranked high in Presidential rankings because of his economic results, and inspired a nation after the Carter Malaise.

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    He should have remained in the navy and developed better leadership skills. His economic policy was a disaster and let to 20+ per cent interest rates and high inflation. His foreign policy led to the take over of the U.S. Embassy in Iran and his failed rescue effort again showed poor leadership and poor execution. His results rank at near the bottom in all categories as does his overall ranking.

    Not sure what this has to do with Obama and this thread but I can tell you, Obama is no Ronald Reagan. Reagan inspired a nation and empowered the people. Obama apologizes for the greatness of this country and inspires greater increases in the size of the Federal govt. He seems to have disdain for the economic engine that drives this economy, small business and believes it is the government's role to provide the growth out of this recession. What do you expect from an empty suit community organizer that was completely unqualified to be President.

    He was and is a good human being but now a bitter old man. No former President in U.S. History has been as critical of other President's as Carter. He has done more harm in foreign relations than any other President in recent history.

    Reagan made a mistake in Lebanon but pulled out because of the bigger picture. Having our troops as a target without the backup and the national commitment would have led to a bigger disaster.

    You can minimize what Reagan did but his economic results and distruction of the Soviet Union which led to the end of the Cold War and a peace dividend cannot be ignored or minimized

    There is no such thing as the perfect President. They all make mistakes. Reagan however is revered by the majority in this country, ranked high in Presidential rankings because of his economic results, and inspired a nation after the Carter Malaise.
    Rush Limbaugh could not have said it better.

  9. #189
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Rush Limbaugh could not have said it better.
    Interesting that you call it spin or something from Limbaugh but failed to refute anything that I stated.

    I doubt you really care about the Reagan record but if you ever decide to stop making a fool out of yourself, go to BEA.gov, BLS.gov and check out the economic results for yourself. You will see a doubling of GDP, doubling of income tax revenue, 22 million jobs created.

    I seldom listen to Limbaugh but doubt very seriously that he is talking about something that happened between 20 and 30 years ago now.

    You might want to put aside the personal feelings for once and actually verify what I gave you for facts. Feelings sometimes get in the way of actual facts and the real world. You want so badly to believe Carter was someone he wasn't but the facts truly show him to be one of our worst Presidents on the issues that really matter to most Americans.

  10. #190
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Simple, now I can protect myself from insurrectionist like the tea baggers. I can also protect myself in the ghetto and my home from drug dealers.
    What grade did the NRA give him?

Page 19 of 89 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •