Page 13 of 89 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 885

Thread: Obama State of the Union

  1. #121
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by pugetsoundwa View Post
    Odd that Repubs forget their prior President also lacked the ability to admit when he was wrong. He felt admitting would be seen as a sign of weakness. When asked shortly before leaving office any mistakes he made that he would do differently he replied he was wrong when he told the terrorists to Bring It on.......Really? thats it? In 8 yrs thats all you think you did wrong?? LMAO
    Bush is no longer in office but that doesn't prevent you from diverting from this current President. GW Bush was wrong in not admitting he made mistakes as is Obama who continues to blame Bush for the current situation. That is simply another Obama lie.

  2. #122
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by pugetsoundwa View Post
    Odd that Repubs forget their prior President also lacked the ability to admit when he was wrong. He felt admitting would be seen as a sign of weakness. When asked shortly before leaving office any mistakes he made that he would do differently he replied he was wrong when he told the terrorists to Bring It on.......Really? thats it? In 8 yrs thats all you think you did wrong?? LMAO
    Here are the results of "your" President that he wants to blame Bush for. Remember "your" President spent 787 billion on a stimulus plan that didn't stimulate anything other than payment to Democrat Constituents

    Unemployed by month. Bush lost 3.8 million jobs in 2008 and Obama lost 3.3 million jobs in 2009 even after spending that 787 billion stimulus.


    2008 7628 7435 7793 7631 8397 8560 8895 9509 9569 10172 10617 11400
    2009 11919 12714 13310 13816 14518 14721 14534 14993 15159 15612 15340 15267

  3. #123
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Here are the results of "your" President that he wants to blame Bush for. Remember "your" President spent 787 billion on a stimulus plan that didn't stimulate anything other than payment to Democrat Constituents

    Unemployed by month. Bush lost 3.8 million jobs in 2008 and Obama lost 3.3 million jobs in 2009 even after spending that 787 billion stimulus.


    2008 7628 7435 7793 7631 8397 8560 8895 9509 9569 10172 10617 11400
    2009 11919 12714 13310 13816 14518 14721 14534 14993 15159 15612 15340 15267
    Well Obama has a point that he didn't create the mess. However, when is he going to take responsibility for his programs failing? He says they averted a disaster. He keeps pushing this and it's too easily accepted. Where's the correction?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  4. #124
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Well Obama has a point that he didn't create the mess. However, when is he going to take responsibility for his programs failing? He says they averted a disaster. He keeps pushing this and it's too easily accepted. Where's the correction?
    His point is moot, he was a Senator at the time and thus privy to all the information coming in. Congress is every bit as guilty as Bush in creating the mess just like Congress today and Obama are every bit as guilty of not getting us out of the mess. The common denominator is the Democrats that controlled Congress during the last two years of the Bush Administration are still there this time with a far left liberal in the WH delegating everything to them.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It goes without saying that there is very little that Obama has proposed that I support but the SOU speech was one of the most partisan that I recall. This President doesn't have the ability to admit that he is wrong on any issue nor does he have the ability to show any leadership skills.

    The SOU Address was a perfect venue to show some leadership and admit that he made some mistakes this past year but instead he chose to give a partisan campaign speech. Those that support him were probably on the edge of their seats cheering but those that know the role of Govt. and the affect that this President had on the economy this past year were cringing with anger and disdain.

    It is time to quit the blame game and take responsibility for your own actions. Blaming the Republicans and President Bush for the "inherited" problems simply ignores reality. We do not have a King in power and any problems with the economy cannot be blamed solely on the President. Congress approves or fails to allow legislation submitted by the President to even get a vote.

    In the case the past two years Republicans in Congress were powerless to get any legislation passed and the Democrats failed to allow Bush initiatives to come to the floor for a vote thus showing more of an interest in taking the WH than doing their job in helping the American people.

    Barack Obama claims he inherited the Bush deficit yet as a Senator he voted for TARP and the Bush Budget. Then he takes credit for the results of TARP. Mr. President you cannot have it both ways. TARP has been repaid by most of the banks so stop demonizing them. President Bush left you 350 billion of that TARP funding to use and it was intended for the Toxic Asset Relief program not some other Federal Spending program. President Bush didn't propose the 787 Billion stimulus program that was supposed to cap unemployment at 8%. President Bush didn't bail out the unions which cost the taxpayers billions. And President Bush didn't propose the 2010 budget which in the first three months has exceede over 300 billion in deficits added to the present debt.

    Those that support Obama need to stop with the cheerleading and take an objective view of his own administration. The blame game has to stop as leaders take charge and accept responsibilities. Community organizers place blame. Mr. President you do a great job as a community organizer.
    Did you see how Obama lectured to the GOP this morning in Baltimore?

    Obama assails Republican foes, urges bipartisan effort | Reuters


    The Democratic president delivered the double-edged message in a sometimes tense session at a Republican congressional retreat in Baltimore as he sought to dig out of his deepest political rut since taking office a year ago.

    Facing down his Republican critics two days after a State of the Union speech aimed at reconnecting with the public, Obama sought to counter their attempt to paint him as a big-spending liberal who only wants to expand government.

    He accused Republicans of portraying his now-stalled healthcare reform effort as a "Bolshevik plot" and telling their constituents he is "doing all kinds of crazy stuff that's going to destroy America."

    "I am not an ideologue," Obama assured his audience, prompting some murmuring in the crowd. "I'm not."

    Assailing Republicans for trying to obstruct him on everything from economic stimulus to healthcare, Obama suggested their political motive was to score points with voters in the November congressional mid-term elections.

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by pugetsoundwa View Post
    Odd that Repubs forget their prior President also lacked the ability to admit when he was wrong. He felt admitting would be seen as a sign of weakness. When asked shortly before leaving office any mistakes he made that he would do differently he replied he was wrong when he told the terrorists to Bring It on.......Really? thats it? In 8 yrs thats all you think you did wrong?? LMAO
    Did Bush Blame the Democrats and Clinton for all that was wrong?

  7. #127
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Did you see how Obama lectured to the GOP this morning in Baltimore?

    Obama assails Republican foes, urges bipartisan effort | Reuters


    The Democratic president delivered the double-edged message in a sometimes tense session at a Republican congressional retreat in Baltimore as he sought to dig out of his deepest political rut since taking office a year ago.

    Facing down his Republican critics two days after a State of the Union speech aimed at reconnecting with the public, Obama sought to counter their attempt to paint him as a big-spending liberal who only wants to expand government.

    He accused Republicans of portraying his now-stalled healthcare reform effort as a "Bolshevik plot" and telling their constituents he is "doing all kinds of crazy stuff that's going to destroy America."

    "I am not an ideologue," Obama assured his audience, prompting some murmuring in the crowd. "I'm not."

    Assailing Republicans for trying to obstruct him on everything from economic stimulus to healthcare, Obama suggested their political motive was to score points with voters in the November congressional mid-term elections.
    No, I have no interest in hearing anything this egotistical individual has to say as he continues to campaign instead of leading. He continues to confirm my claim that he is an empty suit. The people of MA, N.J. and Virginia got it. The rest of the nation is getting it as well.

  8. #128
    Student pugetsoundwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    02-10-10 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    252

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Did Bush Blame the Democrats and Clinton for all that was wrong?
    He didn't need to unlike Dems, Republican have their own propaganda machine. Rush being the offical mouth piece. Fox News being cable television channel. The Heritage Foundation, weekly standard and so on. All bias. All focused one 1 thing, propaganda....

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, I have no interest in hearing anything this egotistical individual has to say as he continues to campaign instead of leading. He continues to confirm my claim that he is an empty suit. The people of MA, N.J. and Virginia got it. The rest of the nation is getting it as well.
    The point is his idea of bi-partisian is the GOP agreeing with dems and all compromise must come from the GOP.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama State of the Union

    Quote Originally Posted by pugetsoundwa View Post
    He didn't need to unlike Dems, Republican have their own propaganda machine. Rush being the offical mouth piece. Fox News being cable television channel. The Heritage Foundation, weekly standard and so on. All bias. All focused one 1 thing, propaganda....
    Another words Bush was above the blame game something Obama needs to learn. Casting blame on others and finger pointing shows Obama's lack of leadership ability.

Page 13 of 89 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •