Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: No, Mr. Benmosche, You Canít Fly the AIG Corporate Jet

  1. #11
    Advisor gopman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-04-16 @ 09:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    556

    Re: No, Mr. Benmosche, You Canít Fly the AIG Corporate Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    How much money has AIG taken from the US taxpayer again, over $100 billion I believe.

    Has American business changed so much that incompetence is to be rewarded with private jets and multi million dollar severence packages.

    Sign me up, I could cause AIG to lose $200 billion dollars I am sure I could make a few trades so idiotic that it would be a sure thing. Do I get to rid in the corporate jet as well.

    A CEO who is doing a good job, I have no problem with him/her riding in a corporate jet, A CEO who is no better then a drooling moron losing billions of dollars requiring bailouts, causing untold shareholder financial loss's does not deserve a corporate jet, nor a bonus, nor a severence package
    Yeah flying in airplanes is for rockstars only and AIG totally sucks! You better brown bag it from here on out Benmosche cause taxpayers are totally pissed! I could totally run an insurance company better than him too, and I'd fly around in airplanes all the time because they're so awesome!
    If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand.
    - Milton Friedman

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: No, Mr. Benmosche, You Canít Fly the AIG Corporate Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by gopman View Post
    Yeah flying in airplanes is for rockstars only and AIG totally sucks! You better brown bag it from here on out Benmosche cause taxpayers are totally pissed! I could totally run an insurance company better than him too, and I'd fly around in airplanes all the time because they're so awesome!
    come on, you are better than this..why would you support a ceo having all the perks of the posistion when the company they are in charge of is asking the government for help?

  3. #13
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: No, Mr. Benmosche, You Canít Fly the AIG Corporate Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by gopman View Post
    Yeah flying in airplanes is for rockstars only and AIG totally sucks! You better brown bag it from here on out Benmosche cause taxpayers are totally pissed! I could totally run an insurance company better than him too, and I'd fly around in airplanes all the time because they're so awesome!
    Gee your willingness to reward incompent CEO's is rather strange.

    I thought a person with a background ( career in the fin industry) would rather see tightly controlled compensation packages for CEO's (and all employee's for that matter) to ensure a higher rate of return to shareholders. (ie the people you do investing for)

  4. #14
    Advisor gopman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-04-16 @ 09:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    556

    Re: No, Mr. Benmosche, You Canít Fly the AIG Corporate Jet

    What I think is strange is considering business travel by air to be a "perk". I own stocks and I don't want the CEOs traveling by bus around the country when they could be conducting business much more efficiently.

    And blaming the guy who came in after AIG's restructuring for all of its problems is a little strange too. Surely with all your whining about how much tax money was lost you know the CEO at the time of the bailout has been fired.
    If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand.
    - Milton Friedman

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: No, Mr. Benmosche, You Canít Fly the AIG Corporate Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by gopman View Post
    What I think is strange is considering business travel by air to be a "perk". I own stocks and I don't want the CEOs traveling by bus around the country when they could be conducting business much more efficiently.

    And blaming the guy who came in after AIG's restructuring for all of its problems is a little strange too. Surely with all your whining about how much tax money was lost you know the CEO at the time of the bailout has been fired.
    why not teleconference? even if he came in after the company asked for a bailout, don't you think the company should be cutting expenses? don't you think that this is owed to the shareholders?

  6. #16
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: No, Mr. Benmosche, You Canít Fly the AIG Corporate Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by gopman View Post
    What I think is strange is considering business travel by air to be a "perk". I own stocks and I don't want the CEOs traveling by bus around the country when they could be conducting business much more efficiently.

    And blaming the guy who came in after AIG's restructuring for all of its problems is a little strange too. Surely with all your whining about how much tax money was lost you know the CEO at the time of the bailout has been fired.
    Depends on why he is travelling

    Going to an truely important business meeting, a private jet on which he can continue to do work can be important and usefull, provided the trip is long enough ( at least a few hours of flying


    Travelling first class on AA for a short jaunt from NYC to DC or Miami still allows for the CEO of a bankrupt company to work in relative comfort, he will have his laptop, blackberry, etc and be able to review any documents or spreadsheets that he needs to before he gets to where he is going.

  7. #17
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    Re: No, Mr. Benmosche, You Canít Fly the AIG Corporate Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    come on, you are better than this..why would you support a ceo having all the perks of the posistion when the company they are in charge of is asking the government for help?
    It goes even deeper than that. The CEO's ran their companies into the ground with their extravagant lifestyles, on the shareholders' dime, before asking for welfare. As with anyone else who goes on welfare, the government asks "What do we get in return". The poor on welfare have to work (known as workfare in most states). For the CEO's, the government wants to make sure it eventually gets its welfare money back, hence the strings (no more extravagant parties, no Lear jets, etc). And if AIG didn't like the strings that were attached, they should have walked away instead of taking the money. After all, nobody put a gun to their heads and made them take the money. THEY are the ones who came, hat in hand, with their hands out. I don't feel a damn bit sorry for them. They are luckier than most people who mismanage that badly. Those people get fired. Must be nice to manage a company that goes out of its way to recruit and keep such screwups. LOL.
    Last edited by danarhea; 01-26-10 at 04:35 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #18
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: No, Mr. Benmosche, You Canít Fly the AIG Corporate Jet

    They're not telling the guy to not fly. There's still host of airline companies that would love to take his money.
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  9. #19
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: No, Mr. Benmosche, You Canít Fly the AIG Corporate Jet

    Yeah, don't fly that jet. Let's put even more people out of work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #20
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: No, Mr. Benmosche, You Canít Fly the AIG Corporate Jet

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    How much money has AIG taken from the US taxpayer again, over $100 billion I believe.

    Has American business changed so much that incompetence is to be rewarded with private jets and multi million dollar severence packages.

    Sign me up, I could cause AIG to lose $200 billion dollars I am sure I could make a few trades so idiotic that it would be a sure thing. Do I get to rid in the corporate jet as well.

    A CEO who is doing a good job, I have no problem with him/her riding in a corporate jet, A CEO who is no better then a drooling moron losing billions of dollars requiring bailouts, causing untold shareholder financial loss's does not deserve a corporate jet, nor a bonus, nor a severence package
    By this type of logic, the whole democratic party should be taking the bus.
    There is no such thing as a ďNatural Born Dual-Citizenď.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •