Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 67

Thread: Wall mart to cut 11,000 Jobs

  1. #31
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Wall mart to cut 11,000 Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    WalMart and Sam's club are going to have to streamline and have more efficient demos so that they can roll back their prices.

    They've been steadily raising their prices around here. Somewhere along those lines they must have crossed a particular one. Kroger is opening new stores around here that carry all of the items that WalMart carries, and Kroger has dropped their food prices at all of their stores to never before seen new lows.

    I expect WalMart to end up closing Sam's stores in the near future as an attempt to stay competitive.

    It appears that China will sell to anybody.
    With whom?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #32
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Last Seen
    07-07-11 @ 02:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    406

    Re: Wall mart to cut 11,000 Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Why can't they keep the jobs, if this was not a cut job? Trust me, this is a cut job, and nothing more than that.

    A lot of stores have that, and still needs workers to stack things ectt.
    And so what if it is?!?

    I have no problem assuming this is a cost cutting measure, and that the more competitive "product demonstration" excuse is really just a ploy to not appear greedy. But that is what free market capitalism does to afford us the most successful society in the world. Private business is free to set its own course (within federal and state laws).

    Walmart already has enough empoyees to stock shelves. How are they supposed to bring in their former demo sales clerks without adversly affecting the stock clerks?

    Some of those 11,000 laid off sales people can find jobs with the very contractors that will be hired by Walmart. Others will eventually find work in new industries that will be propped up when private business is not overtly restricted by federal regulations. Otherwise, under any centralized federal system there will be far more than 11,000 people laid off nationwide at Walmart, much less other companies and industries.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Wall mart to cut 11,000 Jobs

    We're finally getting our Walmart back after it flooded 13 feet. I think for a long time they didn't know what they wanted to do with it.

    A new Lowes went up next door which might have been the kick they needed.

    This store was heaven! Never too crowded, very sweet middle aged women working part time. Plenty of benches and a Burger King to wait for your friends still shopping. Between the Lowe's and the Super Walmart they've hired over 300 people back. That's so cool!

  4. #34
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Wall mart to cut 11,000 Jobs

    This is horrible!

    Quick, someone go talk to the CEO of Walmart. He needs to be informed that Businesses aren't there to make money. Businesses are just there to make jobs for people. That's their entire purpose. Don't they KNOW that? Don't they listen to the hardcore liberals. Stop with your stupid ideas that make business sense, that work better to generate a profit and do what you would think a business is for. THe soul purpose of a business is to give jobs to people.

    If nothing else walmart needs to cut all their executives pays so they can give MORE jobs to people, cause that's the only purpose business serves. Just hire a few thousand people to, I know know, walk around and schuffle their feet to clean the floors. Sure, it won’t do much for business, but by god it will create jobs and what else is a business for.

  5. #35
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Wall mart to cut 11,000 Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Wal-Mart has started to use a lot more automation (e.g. self-checkouts, RFID chips), so they no longer need as many employees per store as they once did.
    I rarely use a self-check out line at Walmart; and when I do, I do it when the store is busy with long lines and my cart is full of stuff. Then I screw it up so a live person has to help me; which slows down the process and makes customers behind me mad.

    Walmart's problem is that they don't have enough registers open and this is my way of telling them so

  6. #36
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Wall mart to cut 11,000 Jobs

    That's that economy in recovery. Ain't it great?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Wall mart to cut 11,000 Jobs

    Thank goodness, 11,000 people have been saved from the evil grip of Wallmart!

  8. #38
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: Wall mart to cut 11,000 Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    Thank goodness, 11,000 people have been saved from the evil grip of Wallmart!
    And 11,000 more people on the unemployment and welfare rolls.

    Your tax dollars at work to help non-working Americans

  9. #39
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Wall mart to cut 11,000 Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    This is horrible!

    Quick, someone go talk to the CEO of Walmart. He needs to be informed that Businesses aren't there to make money. Businesses are just there to make jobs for people. That's their entire purpose. Don't they KNOW that? Don't they listen to the hardcore liberals. Stop with your stupid ideas that make business sense, that work better to generate a profit and do what you would think a business is for. THe soul purpose of a business is to give jobs to people.

    If nothing else walmart needs to cut all their executives pays so they can give MORE jobs to people, cause that's the only purpose business serves. Just hire a few thousand people to, I know know, walk around and schuffle their feet to clean the floors. Sure, it won’t do much for business, but by god it will create jobs and what else is a business for.
    Exactly. Wal-Mart is not a charity. If you don't like it, you don't have to buy from them. Your dollar votes, coincidentally, can be worth much more than your votes in political elections.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  10. #40
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Wall mart to cut 11,000 Jobs

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    We're finally getting our Walmart back after it flooded 13 feet. I think for a long time they didn't know what they wanted to do with it.

    A new Lowes went up next door which might have been the kick they needed.

    This store was heaven! Never too crowded, very sweet middle aged women working part time. Plenty of benches and a Burger King to wait for your friends still shopping. Between the Lowe's and the Super Walmart they've hired over 300 people back. That's so cool!
    Ahhhh...Burger King and Lowe's...manheaven......




    NOLA - slowly, but surely comin' back baby...
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •