Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 76

Thread: Chavez: US Weapon Test Caused Haiti Earthquake

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Chavez: US Weapon Test Caused Haiti Earthquake

    Quote Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
    The amount of actual cocaine in unprocessed coca leaves is marginal and certainly not sufficient to cause the psychoactive effects related to a standard dosage of cocaine. It's curious that caffeine, despite also being a powerful stimulant used by 90% of U.S. adults, is somehow "mainstream" and acceptable while those dirty injun crops that an Aymara like Morales and a mixed-breed like Chavez chew are evidence of their mental instability.
    It's not what they're putting in his mouth, rather what's coming out of it that is evidence of their mental instability....

  2. #52
    Student
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chinle, Arizona
    Last Seen
    11-29-10 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    276

    Re: Chavez: US Weapon Test Caused Haiti Earthquake

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    It's not
    Mexica? Aztecs? Dear boy, they happen to originate in Central Mexico. I don't believe Hugo Chavez or Evo Morales do. Poor lad!

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Chavez: US Weapon Test Caused Haiti Earthquake

    Quote Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
    Mexica? Aztecs? Dear boy, they happen to originate in Central Mexico. I don't believe Hugo Chavez or Evo Morales do. Poor lad!
    All of them were conquered by the Spanish.......
    Their presubjugation identity is of little consequence.....

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Chavez: US Weapon Test Caused Haiti Earthquake

    No no, nationalizing vast sectors of the economy is not evil, but as I've said, moronic .
    Nice opinion, id rather have foreign national corporations pillaging the country. Wouldnt you?

    And I bet Venezuela is a progressive, modern, liberal and democratic society where opponents are not silenced when they don't toe the government line. Furthermore, there is absolutely no indoctrination of the youth in order to toe the government line:

    They speak freely, gather freely, protest freely, free enough to clash with the brown folks coming out of the ghettoes who have never been represented before. They had their own tv stations which they spoiled on an illegal coup, they purchase billboards, they exchange emails and phonecalls. Maybe they should think about how to win an election instead of how to ouster him illegally. Bet they never thought of that one. My family is strongly anti-chavez all i hear from them and from other anti-chavistas who tend to be white and well off is 'how they could murder' or illegally ouster him. Maybe if they cared for their fellow venezuelans, whom they consider garbage, they wouldn't be in this situation. You don't now much about Venezuelan society they prize their freedoms, and are nationalistically freedom loving just as americans are. Unfortunately they never though they'd have to share them with ghetto garbage brown native mixed peoples.

    Education in Venezuela - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    On 14 May 2009, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez approved a list of books for schools to educate young people on socialist ideology. The "Revolutionary Reading Plan" will feature theorist Karl Marx, revolutionary Che Guevara, and liberator Simon Bolivar. According to Venezuela's culture ministry, the compulsory book list is being designed to help schoolchildren eliminate "capitalist thinking" and better understand the ideals and values "necessary to build a socialist country."

    Whats your point?

    He does? Even in his own questionable elections quite a bit of people were against him and even his own people (who see that they have a cluster**** on their hands) have avidly spoken out against him.
    Questionable to those who lost and not to intermediating authorities. Unless you have a good source.

    All the while Venezuelan hospitals are underfunded and starved of resources...
    Because they wouldn't be under an american friendly regime? Give me a break.

    Consequently, many of the Cubans assigned to work there have fled, as it doesn't make any sense to sit in a jungle with no infrastructure and try to take care of the sick without an actual hospital.
    Source on that one, Cubans running from the missions lol.

    And as for the eliminating illiteracy, have you ever tried to teach an adult to read who could not? Anyways the missions receive moderate success, more so than other major efforts at literacy elimination have had in the past.
    Last edited by MKULTRABOY; 02-16-10 at 10:05 AM.

  5. #55
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,264

    Re: Chavez: US Weapon Test Caused Haiti Earthquake

    Oh good, I knew we couldn't still be entertaining that lunatic's assertion that we tested a weapon under Haiti.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Chavez: US Weapon Test Caused Haiti Earthquake

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Oh good, I knew we couldn't still be entertaining that lunatic's assertion that we tested a weapon under Haiti.
    Good thing he never said that right..... yu read that part of the thread....right?

  7. #57
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,264

    Re: Chavez: US Weapon Test Caused Haiti Earthquake

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Good thing he never said that right..... yu read that part of the thread....right?
    I take it you didn't get the humor?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #58
    Student
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chinle, Arizona
    Last Seen
    11-29-10 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    276

    Re: Chavez: US Weapon Test Caused Haiti Earthquake

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    All of them were conquered by the Spanish.......
    Conquered by the spread of infectious disease, actually, not by the physical manpower of the Spanish (they were not sufficiently numerous). If you wish to imply that the Spanish are a viral plague, I can assure you that I fully sympathize, but there might be some biological issues with your contention.

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    Their presubjugation identity is of little consequence.....
    Pssst...did you know that the spics have no pre-subjugation identity either? Or is Christianity native to Spain? Is "Andalusia" a Spanish word, or is it derived from the Arab term "Al-Andalus," relic of the Berber invasion and occupation? Spain's nature has been formed by the devotion of all its resources to anti-Islamic war for centuries, which formed a simpleminded religious fanaticism in their mindset that rendered them the lowest nation of Europe. This was expressed through the Inquisition, in which the bloodlust of their savage and barbaric religion was appeased.

    You might want to seriously consider the prospect of deriving your historical facts from sources other than Pocahantas and Cracker Jack boxes.

  9. #59
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Chavez: US Weapon Test Caused Haiti Earthquake

    Quote Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
    Conquered by the spread of infectious disease, actually, not by the physical manpower of the Spanish (they were not sufficiently numerous). If you wish to imply that the Spanish are a viral plague, I can assure you that I fully sympathize, but there might be some biological issues with your contention.



    Pssst...did you know that the spics have no pre-subjugation identity either? Or is Christianity native to Spain? Is "Andalusia" a Spanish word, or is it derived from the Arab term "Al-Andalus," relic of the Berber invasion and occupation? Spain's nature has been formed by the devotion of all its resources to anti-Islamic war for centuries, which formed a simpleminded religious fanaticism in their mindset that rendered them the lowest nation of Europe. This was expressed through the Inquisition, in which the bloodlust of their savage and barbaric religion was appeased.

    You might want to seriously consider the prospect of deriving your historical facts from sources other than Pocahantas and Cracker Jack boxes.
    Big difference is that Spain, especially Andalucia, is really proud of it's Arabic heritage and recognises the lunacy of the inquisition and the counter-reformation. "Lowest nation of Europe"? What does that even mean? Don't make a good point about Latin American history by showing pig ignorance of European history.

    However, I have a feeling that Partisan (and Chuck Norris BTW) wouldn't know a historical perspective if it fellated him.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  10. #60
    Student
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chinle, Arizona
    Last Seen
    11-29-10 @ 03:28 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    276

    Re: Chavez: US Weapon Test Caused Haiti Earthquake

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    Big difference is that Spain, especially Andalucia, is really proud of it's Arabic heritage and recognises the lunacy of the inquisition and the counter-reformation. "Lowest nation of Europe"? What does that even mean? Don't make a good point about Latin American history by showing pig ignorance of European history.
    Actually, I didn't intend offense to you personally, though I do regard Hispanicization of America as somewhat of a perverse abomination, but I think the same of Anglicization. I refer there to the inculcation of a foreign Iberian identity at the expense of indigenous American identity, with the stereotype of a "Hispanic" being someone with reddish-brown skin, black hair, and dark eyes; in other words, an Indian called something else. I've had too many Anglos tell me to "go back where I came from" because of their idiotic misconception that I was "Mexican" because of the Spanish surname that the expansion of the empire into the U.S. Southwest and beyond left me and so many other U.S. Indians with.



    And beyond that, I do recognize the majority of Mexicans, Guatemalans, Peruvians, Bolivians, etc. as something fundamentally different than the majority of Cubans, Chileans, Uruguayans, Argentinians, etc. Most people in the former countries are predominantly Indian; most people in the latter countries are predominantly white despite an allegedly homogenous "Latin American" identity. Too many people in the U.S. don't understand the fact that the Mexican working class is an oppressed racial group composed of various Indian ethnicities because they foolishly assume that "Mexicans" and "Hispanics" are a race.

    And while I still caution that I don't intend personal offense, I'm rather sick of many people in the U.S. that are descended from the Indians and mestizos of Latin American countries believing that they're "Spanish" because their ancestors were compelled to adopt Spanish names, customs, and language. African-Americans are not and never were under the illusion that they are "English" because of their compulsory adoption of those English elements. Native Americans in the parts of the U.S. controlled by the British since European contact are similarly un-illusioned. Even the Indians of actual Latin American countries realize this (and the whites deny their Spanish heritage for nationalistic reasons). But idiotic "Chicanos" in the U.S. apparently don't. I've been called a "pocho" for my lack of Spanish aptitude despite being non-Spanish and a U.S. citizen, as it's apparently presumed that a language imposed on an indigenous population by European invaders is "Chicano."

    Urban Dictionary: pocho

    A comment from "Chiborn":

    A Mexican sees a Chicano stuttering out his Spanish and thinks to himself - pocho - what an embarrassment.
    A far more insightful comment:

    Supposedly a "hispanic" who is a traitor to his "Spanish" roots.

    This is absurdly ironic because the natives of Meso-America did not speak Spanish. In fact Spanish was a language forced onto them.

    Read about what Las Casas witnessed to get an idea of why the natives of America speak Spanish today. Rape, forced labor, and betrayal by the Aztec (sic; she was a Nahuatl-speaking Mayan) Malinche.

    I hope Chiborn realizes that the Spanish language comes from Spain, and by speaking Spanish he or she could be considered a Malinche as well, or shall I say, "pocho".

    Chiborn should come to Spain and see how the Spanish really feel about Spanish speaking Amerindians.

    Chiborn in Spain: HOLA! mi hermano espanol! Yo ODIO pochos!

    Spaniard: Callate tu sudaca. Volver a mexico subhumano.
    Mexico is deep in North America and as the map illustrated, Spanish rule stretched far beyond Mesoamerica, of course, but those are the stereotypes...

    To get this more, have a look at Lazaro Gutierrez de Lara's The Mexican People; I frown on him for not writing with a name better suited to his heritage, but as Mexico is the best-known example of a region that contained various Indian nations subjugated under Hispanic identity, it's an interesting read.

    Thus we have in Europe two well-defined psychologies, Spanish and non-Spanish, which were to influence profoundly the history of the New Worlds, South and North. The first was to impart to the great Continent of Latin-America its own characteristic lust of blood, despotism, and intolerance; and the second, which, owing to the small part played by the Latin peoples in the colonization of the United States and Canada, was essentially a Saxon psychology, was to impart to the great Continent of North America its own characteristic love of peace, justice, and industry.
    This is what has come to be known as the "Black Legend," the sentiment that Hispanic conduct in America was exceptionally brutal. There might be some basis for that claim, but we cannot excuse the British with this nonsense about the Saxons' "love of peace, justice, and industry." But apart from the inaccurate geographical description there and issues I take with his exaltation of the Aztecs and disparagement of ethnic groups such as the various Apachean peoples as "wild nomads" as distantly related to them as Europeans are, it's an interesting read. But there needs to be an analysis of the scars of Spanish influence on what's now U.S. territory, not just "Latin America."

    Ultimately, my hope is that our common enemy is the Spanish ruling class that has attempted to legitimize their authoritarian measures through appeals to common ethnic and national identity despite both the substantial diversity of the Catalonians, Andalusians, Castillans, Aragonians, and most famously (or infamously), the Basque, as well as the fact that persons do not consciously choose their ethnic or national identities and should not be restricted due to irrelevant attributes that they bear no responsibility for acquiring.

    The industrial workers of Catalonia and the Mission Indians of California found a common foe in separate generations of the same brutal ruling class, most significantly the centuries-old establishment of the Roman Catholic church in Spanish political authority.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •