Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 64

Thread: Fort Hood Report: No Mention of Islam, Hasan Not Named

  1. #41
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Fort Hood Report: No Mention of Islam, Hasan Not Named

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Its not hard to figure at all. We did not have the people of Vietnam on our side. Even the South Vietnamese ended up hating us more for the death and destruction we caused than they did the North for being communists.

    We killed a million Vietnamese and still they did not like us..... go figure!

    There is a lesson in there about our war against the Middle East, but I don't think anyone much is paying attention to that.
    You are wrong my left wing friend........We lost because of the left here in the U.S.It became a very unpopular war.....Every night people could sit in front of their TVs and count the casualties for the day that made Iraq look like a first grade party.....Finally there was no stomach for the war........

    I spent 13 months in country and I knew many Vietnamese and they were some of th most corageous people I ever met so get off that ****...............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #42
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Fort Hood Report: No Mention of Islam, Hasan Not Named

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You are wrong my left wing friend........We lost because of the left here in the U.S.It became a very unpopular war.....Every night people could sit in front of their TVs and count the casualties for the day that made Iraq look like a first grade party.....Finally there was no stomach for the war........

    I am well aware it was the US citizens that ended the war. I am very proud to have been part of that effort.





    I spent 13 months in country and I knew many Vietnamese and they were some of th most corageous people I ever met so get off that ****...............
    The war was already lost however because we could not gain full support from the South Vietnamese. We have killed more innocent people in the Middle East and destroyed more farmland than the terrorists we are fighting.
    We have not succeeded in 9 years of war because we failed to understand that is not the way to win the hearts and minds of the Muslim people.

    It will continue to be the case until the American people get tired of throwing money down a rat hole and stop this needless war like we did in Vietnam, or we go broke, whichever happens first.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #43
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Fort Hood Report: No Mention of Islam, Hasan Not Named

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I am well aware it was the US citizens that ended the war. I am very proud to have been part of that effort.







    The war was already lost however because we could not gain full support from the South Vietnamese. We have killed more innocent people in the Middle East and destroyed more farmland than the terrorists we are fighting.
    We have not succeeded in 9 years of war because we failed to understand that is not the way to win the hearts and minds of the Muslim people.

    It will continue to be the case until the American people get tired of throwing money down a rat hole and stop this needless war like we did in Vietnam, or we go broke, whichever happens first.
    So are you one of the guys/girls that spit and called dirty names at the GIs when they came back from Nam..........Did you burn any GIs in effigy? Were you one of the ones when they saw and GI that liked to say" HI, Hey did you kill a baby today."

    I do have another question for you....Are you really a conservative because I have never met a war protestor who was a conservative........They were all leftys, comminists or socialist...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #44
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Fort Hood Report: No Mention of Islam, Hasan Not Named

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I am well aware it was the US citizens that ended the war. I am very proud to have been part of that effort.







    The war was already lost however because we could not gain full support from the South Vietnamese. We have killed more innocent people in the Middle East and destroyed more farmland than the terrorists we are fighting.
    We have not succeeded in 9 years of war because we failed to understand that is not the way to win the hearts and minds of the Muslim people.

    It will continue to be the case until the American people get tired of throwing money down a rat hole and stop this needless war like we did in Vietnam, or we go broke, whichever happens first.
    Can you name one battle that we lost in Nam?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #45
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Fort Hood Report: No Mention of Islam, Hasan Not Named

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    So are you one of the guys/girls that spit and called dirty names at the GIs when they came back from Nam..........Did you burn any GIs in effigy? Were you one of the ones when they saw and GI that liked to say" HI, Hey did you kill a baby today."

    I do have another question for you....Are you really a conservative because I have never met a war protestor who was a conservative........They were all leftys, comminists or socialist...........
    Nope, I stood up beside veterans opposed to the war. Ever heard of the Vietnam Veterans Against the War? They organized the first demonstration I pictured, when we blocked the main entrance to Wright Patterson AFB. The other one I pictured was organized by a National Alliance of churches opposed to our war against the Vietnamese on moral grounds.

    I had/have no beef with the people ordered to war against the Vietnamese. My beef was with the idiotic leaders who needlessly sent them there to kill and be killed.

    I am a conservative in the true sense of the word. The root word being conserve. I believe in conserving innocent lives, no matter what flag the aggressor is flying, and I believe in conserving our resources and environment for future generations use.

    To put it simply, to leave the earth in better shape than I found it.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #46
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Fort Hood Report: No Mention of Islam, Hasan Not Named

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Can you name one battle that we lost in Nam?
    Of course, the one battle that mattered the most we lost, the battle for the hearts and mines of the people who lived there.

    Same battle we are losing now in the Middle East, and for the same reasons.

    We do not seem to be quick learners.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #47
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Fort Hood Report: No Mention of Islam, Hasan Not Named

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Nope, I stood up beside veterans opposed to the war. Ever heard of the Vietnam Veterans Against the War? They organized the first demonstration I pictured, when we blocked the main entrance to Wright Patterson AFB. The other one I pictured was organized by a National Alliance of churches opposed to our war against the Vietnamese on moral grounds.

    I had/have no beef with the people ordered to war against the Vietnamese. My beef was with the idiotic leaders who needlessly sent them there to kill and be killed.

    I am a conservative in the true sense of the word. The root word being conserve. I believe in conserving innocent lives, no matter what flag the aggressor is flying, and I believe in conserving our resources and environment for future generations use.

    To put it simply, to leave the earth in better shape than I found it.

    A john Kerry "Hanoi" Jane follower huh........I got it now.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #48
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Fort Hood Report: No Mention of Islam, Hasan Not Named

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Of course, the one battle that mattered the most we lost, the battle for the hearts and mines of the people who lived there.

    Same battle we are losing now in the Middle East, and for the same reasons.

    We do not seem to be quick learners.
    Not the Vietnamese people I met........They were true patriots..........

    You mean like the one in Iraq where we got rid of a murderous rapist and his sons and now see a country trying to make it on its own and where there are less Americans being killed every night then there are in NY or LA......

    I wonder did you serve in Nam in the military?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #49
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Fort Hood Report: No Mention of Islam, Hasan Not Named

    Damn filty stinkin draft dodging hippies.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  10. #50
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Fort Hood Report: No Mention of Islam, Hasan Not Named

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post

    You mean like the one in Iraq where we got rid of a murderous rapist....
    Yeah, the same murderous rapist we supported when he was providing us cheap deals on oil. Oh, but then he kicked big oil out, and suddenly his actions are unacceptable.

    Right, I've got the picture!

    I wonder did you serve in Nam in the military?
    Two years of alternative service to my country during the Vietnam war in Brethren Volunteer Service, even though my draft number was 275.

    (Note for those of you not familiar with the draft lottery back then, someone with a lottery number that high would not be drafted.)
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •