Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Nazis!’: Reporter Encounters Hostility at Coakley Call Center

  1. #1
    User U.S. Army Retired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    01-24-10 @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    43

    Nazis!’: Reporter Encounters Hostility at Coakley Call Center

    I hope this is the right place to place this thread. Let me know if it isn't. Thanks.

    Anyway, his must be a sign of desperation. The Coakley staffers won’t allow “biased” reporter inside their office, claiming private property and civil rights, “which we still have despite nazis like you.” Well played, “Progressives.” From screen shots of the man wearing the pinkish-reddish jacket, you can clearly see: “UFCW, Local One, ” the OUT OF STATE union letters for United Food & Commercial Workers Union local 1, Utica New York .





    Breitbart.tv ‘Nazis!’: Reporter Encounters Hostility at Coakley Call Center
    Last edited by U.S. Army Retired; 01-19-10 at 07:21 PM.

  2. #2
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: Nazis!’: Reporter Encounters Hostility at Coakley Call Center

    Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Army Retired View Post
    I hope this is the right place to place this thread. Let me know if it isn't. Thanks.

    Anyway, his must be a sign of desperation. The Coakley staffers won’t allow “biased” reporter inside their office, claiming private property and civil rights, “which we still have despite nazis like you.” Well played, “Progressives.” From screen shots of the man wearing the pinkish-reddish jacket, you can clearly see: “UFCW, Local One, ” the OUT OF STATE union letters for United Food & Commercial Workers Union local 1, Utica New York .





    Breitbart.tv ‘Nazis!’: Reporter Encounters Hostility at Coakley Call Center
    I didn't know you were against private property rights. What other Constitutionally protected rights do you disagree with?

    While I disagree with the name calling (especially the Nazi label) on private property a person has the right to decline admittance to anyone.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  3. #3
    User U.S. Army Retired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    01-24-10 @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    43

    Re: Nazis!’: Reporter Encounters Hostility at Coakley Call Center

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnb View Post
    I didn't know you were against private property rights. What other Constitutionally protected rights do you disagree with?

    While I disagree with the name calling (especially the Nazi label) on private property a person has the right to decline admittance to anyone.
    Even when they were on the public sidewalk they still asked them to leave which was wrong.

  4. #4
    Educator Winnb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-22-10 @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    822

    Re: Nazis!’: Reporter Encounters Hostility at Coakley Call Center

    Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Army Retired View Post
    Even when they were on the public sidewalk they still asked them to leave which was wrong.
    Fair enough. If they were in a public space they're fair game for questions. Of course they can still decline to answer them

    They were wrong on the name calling though. That's not necessary.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.

    -------------------------------------------------

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Nazis!’: Reporter Encounters Hostility at Coakley Call Center

    Who precisely were they calling nazis?

  6. #6
    User U.S. Army Retired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    01-24-10 @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    43

    Re: Nazis!’: Reporter Encounters Hostility at Coakley Call Center

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Who precisely were they calling nazis?
    The women reporter and her camera man or maybe both them and Brown supporters..

  7. #7
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Nazis!’: Reporter Encounters Hostility at Coakley Call Center

    Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Army Retired View Post
    I hope this is the right place to place this thread. Let me know if it isn't. Thanks.

    Anyway, his must be a sign of desperation. The Coakley staffers won’t allow “biased” reporter inside their office, claiming private property and civil rights, “which we still have despite nazis like you.”
    Sounds reasonable. They do have private property and civil rights, you know. You got something about private property rights? You think media can't be biased too?

    From screen shots of the man wearing the pinkish-reddish jacket, you can clearly see: “UFCW, Local One, ” the OUT OF STATE union letters for United Food & Commercial Workers Union local 1, Utica New York .
    What part of "Local" or "New York" do you not understand?

  8. #8
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Nazis!’: Reporter Encounters Hostility at Coakley Call Center

    Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Army Retired View Post
    Even when they were on the public sidewalk they still asked them to leave which was wrong.
    If a hostile reporter I consider biased confronts me on a sidewalk, I would ask him to leave. I wouldn't order him to leave, but there's nothing wrong with asking someone to do something, is there?

    Get over it. You're the desperate one.

  9. #9
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Nazis!’: Reporter Encounters Hostility at Coakley Call Center

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    If a hostile reporter I consider biased confronts me on a sidewalk, I would ask him to leave. I wouldn't order him to leave, but there's nothing wrong with asking someone to do something, is there?

    Get over it. You're the desperate one.
    I watched it on tv. I saw no hostility on the part of the reporter. It looked like harrasment.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  10. #10
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Nazis!’: Reporter Encounters Hostility at Coakley Call Center

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I watched it on tv. I saw no hostility on the part of the reporter.
    It doesnt' matter if there was hostility. Nobody is obligated to talk to any reporter. Thinking that the reporter is biased is a perfectly reasonable justification for that. There's very good reason to think the news outlet is biased, very much so.

    Calling them Nazis wasn't very nice though. Oh well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •