Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45

Thread: Handling of Ft. Hood shooting suspect could bring discipline

  1. #31
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-29-16 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,808

    Re: Handling of Ft. Hood shooting suspect could bring discipline

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Thank you for your service.

    Then, you understand what it means to have an EO review placed in your 201 file.
    And I've seen them placed. The point is, professionals act professionally. When they stop doing so, they should be fired.

  2. #32
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,496

    Re: Handling of Ft. Hood shooting suspect could bring discipline

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And I've seen them placed. The point is, professionals act professionally. When they stop doing so, they should be fired.
    ok, based on what you know of his behavior and his job performance - prior to the shooting - what charges of unprofessionalism should have been levied and by whom?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBob View Post
    The Democrats couldn't be more tone deaf if they had their eardrums incinerated with a hot poker.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why confuse things with facts?

  3. #33
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    57,325

    Re: Handling of Ft. Hood shooting suspect could bring discipline

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And I've seen them placed. The point is, professionals act professionally. When they stop doing so, they should be fired.
    And, you know was well as I do that an EO complaint is a big red flag concerning a soldier's ability to perform his duties in a professional manner; esepcially an officer.

    I've seen leaders and commanders relieved because of a simple EO complaint.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Interpreting the constitution is the sole job of the SCOTUS. That is what they are there for.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ok...where does Article 3 of The Constitution say interpret?

  4. #34
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    57,325

    Re: Handling of Ft. Hood shooting suspect could bring discipline

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin T. Grey View Post
    I don't understand. Surely an incorrect accusation is incorrect regardless of the religious beliefs of the accused?
    Did you not have similar issues when the armed forces were integrated after segregation?
    Would it not be handled the same way?

    It don't work like that in this country. Racism, even some far-out perception of racism is very real.

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    Is that what happened to you?

    Oh well, matters not to me what they do to them. I hate officers
    I was never an officer. I did, however, sit on a couple of EO boards and on several occassions was overruled and had to sit back and watch some poor bastard's career be disembowled over nothing.

    I well understand the fears these officers had of reporting Hasan as a jihadist.
    Last edited by apdst; 01-21-10 at 11:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Interpreting the constitution is the sole job of the SCOTUS. That is what they are there for.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ok...where does Article 3 of The Constitution say interpret?

  5. #35
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-29-16 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,808

    Re: Handling of Ft. Hood shooting suspect could bring discipline

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And, you know was well as I do that an EO complaint is a big red flag concerning a soldier's ability to perform his duties in a professional manner; esepcially an officer.

    I've seen leaders and commanders relieved because of a simple EO complaint.
    Not a big a flag as failing to do your job. Professionals do their job. There's no way around that. If one doesn't, then one is neither professional or able to defend himself and must be held accountable.

    And if you're going to claim this was the reason, you have to show evidence of that. It wouldn't change accountability, but it would lend credence to your concern. You have to show that US military professionals refused to do their job out of a silly fear, something that would be both cowardly and unprofessional.

  6. #36
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    57,325

    Re: Handling of Ft. Hood shooting suspect could bring discipline

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not a big a flag as failing to do your job. Professionals do their job. There's no way around that. If one doesn't, then one is neither professional or able to defend himself and must be held accountable.

    And if you're going to claim this was the reason, you have to show evidence of that. It wouldn't change accountability, but it would lend credence to your concern. You have to show that US military professionals refused to do their job out of a silly fear, something that would be both cowardly and unprofessional.
    Not getting rid of a substandard soldier doesn't classify as, "failing to do your job".
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Interpreting the constitution is the sole job of the SCOTUS. That is what they are there for.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ok...where does Article 3 of The Constitution say interpret?

  7. #37
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-29-16 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,808

    Re: Handling of Ft. Hood shooting suspect could bring discipline

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not getting rid of a substandard soldier doesn't classify as, "failing to do your job".
    That may well be, which means holding them accountable. But as I understand your position, you for excusing them and blaming some unproven political correctness in the system. Professionals get paid to make the hard stands, to do the job they are assigned. If they don't, they hold the responsibility.

  8. #38
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,496

    Re: Handling of Ft. Hood shooting suspect could bring discipline

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That may well be, which means holding them accountable. But as I understand your position, you for excusing them and blaming some unproven political correctness in the system. Professionals get paid to make the hard stands, to do the job they are assigned. If they don't, they hold the responsibility.
    ok, so i ask you again, based on what you know of his behavior and his job performance - prior to the shooting - what charges of unprofessionalism should have been levied and by whom?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBob View Post
    The Democrats couldn't be more tone deaf if they had their eardrums incinerated with a hot poker.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why confuse things with facts?

  9. #39
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    57,325

    Re: Handling of Ft. Hood shooting suspect could bring discipline

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That may well be, which means holding them accountable. But as I understand your position, you for excusing them and blaming some unproven political correctness in the system. Professionals get paid to make the hard stands, to do the job they are assigned. If they don't, they hold the responsibility.
    The only thing that these officers could remotely be held accountable for, is their failure to bring Hasan up to the Army's standard. They failed to teach him how to better perform in his job. Which, would have kept Hasan in the Army and he still would have committed his jihadist attack. This is nothing but the scapegoating of Amry officers in an attempt to place the blame on them and take it off Hasan. This is political correctness run amuck, denial that the system is flawed and denial that this is an attack perpatrated by a religious fanatic, for religious reasons. If this dude was a white supremist, you can bet you ass that this attack was motivated by Right wing racism.

    some of Hasan’s supervisors and instructors had told colleagues that they repeatedly bent over backward to support and encourage him, because they didn’t have clear evidence that he was unstable, and they worried they might be “discriminating” against Hasan because of his seemingly extremist Islamic beliefs.

    Walter Reed Officials Suspected Hasan Was Psychotic The American Catholic
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Interpreting the constitution is the sole job of the SCOTUS. That is what they are there for.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ok...where does Article 3 of The Constitution say interpret?

  10. #40
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-29-16 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,808

    Re: Handling of Ft. Hood shooting suspect could bring discipline

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The only thing that these officers could remotely be held accountable for, is their failure to bring Hasan up to the Army's standard. They failed to teach him how to better perform in his job. Which, would have kept Hasan in the Army and he still would have committed his jihadist attack. This is nothing but the scapegoating of Amry officers in an attempt to place the blame on them and take it off Hasan. This is political correctness run amuck, denial that the system is flawed and denial that this is an attack perpatrated by a religious fanatic, for religious reasons. If this dude was a white supremist, you can bet you ass that this attack was motivated by Right wing racism.
    No, that's incorrect. They worried, according to your article, that the process was too difficult. Professionals don't neglect their job because it is tough or difficult.

    And nothing about them removes responsibility from Hasan. He is guilty of what he did. No one else. But that fact doesn't excuse others from not doing their job either. Everyone is responsible for their own individual actions. And as is common in life, there is often more than one person who holds a specific responsibility in a terrible event.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •