Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 108

Thread: Sarah Palin Can't Name A Founding Father

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sarah Palin Can't Name A Founding Father

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The only reason to stop and think about it is to determine if you like Adams or Jefferson more.
    Adams and Jefferson were not the only two founders. Let's Palin your statement up for a second:

    ZOMGWTF Ikari thinks that Adams and Jefferson were the only two founders of the country. What a ****ing dumbass!!! How does anyone think he even deserves to be on this forum posting??!!??!!?
    Public servant, public speaker, they should have the skills for this sort of thing because they are going to get harder, tougher questions and if they freeze up every time you ask them a question, it's god damned pointless to have them there in the first place.
    Then someone should have probably said that to everyone who proclaims Jefferson's greatness as he was a notoriously poor public speaker despite being one of the greatest public servants. Einstein sounded next to retarded when he spoke but he was a ****ing genius. FDR wasn't acclaimed as a great speaker either.

    So it's "god damned pointless" to hinge your view of someone's potential on a campaign to expose gaffes that anyone else would make.

    To control, we must know. We have to get answers. You can't answer what news papers you read, who your favorite founders are, etc. you're not going to be able to answer the hard stuff. Sorry, but it's part of the job and you'd best be able to do it if you want the job. No sympathy, no slacking, no excuses. Answer the questions or GTFO.
    You have shown no evidence that she couldn't answer the questions. Concerning the newspaper only that she refused to answer the question.

    And no one is making excuses here except for you and your excuses are for being lazy and shallow in your analysis of the woman in basing your opinions off a youtube of a gaffe rather than an interested study of her policy and achievements.

    Besides, many of us who are asked questions on which we have knowledge but maybe need to think about it can at least engage in a conversation weighing the options. She had nothing, a blank. It indicates what's in her head.
    No it does not. It indicates a captured moment replayed for the specific purpose of making her look bad so that the trained dogs will come running to lap it up each and every time the "Palin is bad" whistle goes off.

  2. #82
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Sarah Palin Can't Name A Founding Father

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Adams and Jefferson were not the only two founders. Let's Palin your statement up for a second:
    That part was mostly tongue in cheek. But the correct answer is Jefferson.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Then someone should have probably said that to everyone who proclaims Jefferson's greatness as he was a notoriously poor public speaker despite being one of the greatest public servants. Einstein sounded next to retarded when he spoke but he was a ****ing genius. FDR wasn't acclaimed as a great speaker either.
    Yet they could respond to questioning. If you asked Einstein about his theories, he would not have given a blank stare. Jefferson could answer questions on political theory. FDR...well I don't think so favorably about that guy anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    So it's "god damned pointless" to hinge your view of someone's potential on a campaign to expose gaffes that anyone else would make.
    While in many aspects, I am superhuman, telepathy is not something I've yet to develop. Until such time, if I am to gauge a political candidate I can only go off of what they say...or don't say. The "gaffes" she made were not of some advanced theoretical debate, they were simple questions. And it's not like it's a one time HAHA sort of thing. It's been repeated. That's the data I have, I have to be able to make a decision off of that. It's one thing if someone has demonstrated a wide breadth of intelligence and ability and then makes a mistake every once in awhile. It's another when one has not demonstrated a wide breadth of intelligence and ability and often makes the same mistakes when speaking. I go merely off the data, I think instead of your accusations against me that it seems more like you want Palin to be something she hasn't really demonstrated herself to be at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    You have shown no evidence that she couldn't answer the questions. Concerning the newspaper only that she refused to answer the question.
    Other than the fact that she couldn't answer questions and retorted after some moment of blanking with vague statements.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    And no one is making excuses here except for you and your excuses are for being lazy and shallow in your analysis of the woman in basing your opinions off a youtube of a gaffe rather than an interested study of her policy and achievements.
    Policy of what? What achievements? We have to get to a point where questions on those things can be aggressively asked and answered, but we haven't quite made it that far.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    No it does not. It indicates a captured moment replayed for the specific purpose of making her look bad so that the trained dogs will come running to lap it up each and every time the "Palin is bad" whistle goes off.
    I mean, that door can swing both ways if you really want to go that route.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sarah Palin Can't Name A Founding Father

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    That part was mostly tongue in cheek. But the correct answer is Jefferson.



    Yet they could respond to questioning. If you asked Einstein about his theories, he would not have given a blank stare. Jefferson could answer questions on political theory. FDR...well I don't think so favorably about that guy anyway.



    While in many aspects, I am superhuman, telepathy is not something I've yet to develop. Until such time, if I am to gauge a political candidate I can only go off of what they say...or don't say. The "gaffes" she made were not of some advanced theoretical debate, they were simple questions. And it's not like it's a one time HAHA sort of thing. It's been repeated. That's the data I have, I have to be able to make a decision off of that. It's one thing if someone has demonstrated a wide breadth of intelligence and ability and then makes a mistake every once in awhile. It's another when one has not demonstrated a wide breadth of intelligence and ability and often makes the same mistakes when speaking. I go merely off the data, I think instead of your accusations against me that it seems more like you want Palin to be something she hasn't really demonstrated herself to be at this point.
    That's ****ing laughable. Your data is to take a collection of gaffes made by the woman and use that selection of gaffes to say she is...prone to gaffes. That's not even close to being fair minded.

    Other than the fact that she couldn't answer questions and retorted after some moment of blanking with vague statements.



    Policy of what? What achievements? We have to get to a point where questions on those things can be aggressively asked and answered, but we haven't quite made it that far.



    I mean, that door can swing both ways if you really want to go that route.
    Go that route. I don't really give a ****. I know one thing...on policy issues, I am more than capable of proving Palin's usefulness and value. I am sure you can make the same claim when it comes to youtubes of gaffes and Tina Fey impersonations to make an opposite case. It's all in what you value for information.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Sarah Palin Can't Name A Founding Father

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    That's ****ing laughable. Your data is to take a collection of gaffes made by the woman and use that selection of gaffes to say she is...prone to gaffes. That's not even close to being fair minded.
    No, again it's your bias being applied. You want to assume that's the case. It makes it easier for you to do because you can pretend some bias then and dismiss a claim. But the bias isn't being applied by me, it's you who wishes Palin to be something she's not...notably coherent. I've listened to what she said and tried to make sense of any political philosophy she may truly hold. It happens, however, that she has an incredibly large number of gaffes, a demonstrated inability to answer questions. That's the fact. You can rally as much as you like against it, but it's not going to change the reality of the situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Go that route. I don't really give a ****. I know one thing...on policy issues, I am more than capable of proving Palin's usefulness and value. I am sure you can make the same claim when it comes to youtubes of gaffes and Tina Fey impersonations to make an opposite case. It's all in what you value for information.
    Again, this is your personal bias. You want Palin to be something that she's not. You have a discredited governorship she eventually quit. And that's about the sum of any useful government experience she could bring to the table. There is a history of her being unable to answer questions (wasn't she unable to answer what the responsibilities of the Vice President were?), even incredibly simple questions. If the questions were complex, there could have been more forgiveness, but it wasn't. That's the fact of reality. Take it or leave it, but no amount of bias and wishful thinking is going to change it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Sarah Palin Can't Name A Founding Father

    Jall is a political partisan, what matters is party identification and popular within the party. I'm sure if Barack Obama had this kind of delay in answering a question he'd be singing a different tune. Jall has no universal standards, you get different treat based on political affiliation.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sarah Palin Can't Name A Founding Father

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Jall is a political partisan, what matters is party identification and popular within the party. I'm sure if Barack Obama had this kind of delay in answering a question he'd be singing a different tune. Jall has no universal standards, you get different treat based on political affiliation.
    You, sir, don't know jack **** about me and what my affiliations are. I suggest, before you look even more foolish, that you hold that wagging tongue of yours and wait until you can come to a more informed opinion, oh ye 200 post wonder, you.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sarah Palin Can't Name A Founding Father

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, again it's your bias being applied. You want to assume that's the case. It makes it easier for you to do because you can pretend some bias then and dismiss a claim. But the bias isn't being applied by me, it's you who wishes Palin to be something she's not...notably coherent. I've listened to what she said and tried to make sense of any political philosophy she may truly hold. It happens, however, that she has an incredibly large number of gaffes, a demonstrated inability to answer questions. That's the fact. You can rally as much as you like against it, but it's not going to change the reality of the situation.
    That's all so much opinion and so very little fact. It's like all potatos and no meat. But that's usually what PDS devolves to.

    Again, this is your personal bias. You want Palin to be something that she's not. You have a discredited governorship she eventually quit. And that's about the sum of any useful government experience she could bring to the table. There is a history of her being unable to answer questions (wasn't she unable to answer what the responsibilities of the Vice President were?), even incredibly simple questions. If the questions were complex, there could have been more forgiveness, but it wasn't. That's the fact of reality. Take it or leave it, but no amount of bias and wishful thinking is going to change it.
    Again, that's all a bunch of opinion with no fact to back it up. I notice you rarely offer any concrete evidence of why you feel the way you do, but you sure do have a lot of strong rhetoric to eclipse the fact that you offer no substance.

    It's all bias on your part. But it is something you can change if you made the effort to inform yourself and bring a coherent argument that doesn't center around "Well, like, umm...ya...I just like totally thing she's stupid cuz that's what my bff on youtube like told me yesterday."

  8. #88
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Sarah Palin Can't Name A Founding Father

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    That's all so much opinion and so very little fact. It's like all potatos and no meat. But that's usually what PDS devolves to.
    Laughable defense at best. Time and time again she hasn't been able to answer simple questions. That is fact, not opinion. Measured. You can rally against measurement as much as you want, but you've offered no facts nothing to back up your claim. Yours is only biased opinion, but that's usually what PDS devolves to

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Again, that's all a bunch of opinion with no fact to back it up. I notice you rarely offer any concrete evidence of why you feel the way you do, but you sure do have a lot of strong rhetoric to eclipse the fact that you offer no substance.

    It's all bias on your part. But it is something you can change if you made the effort to inform yourself and bring a coherent argument that doesn't center around "Well, like, umm...ya...I just like totally thing she's stupid cuz that's what my bff on youtube like told me yesterday."
    You've offered not 1 iota of support, you've only had personal opinion and delusion of grandeur. I have stated measurement, you have stated nothing.

    It's all bias on your part. But it is something you can change if you made the effort to inform youself and bring a coherent argument that doesn't center around "Well, like, umm...ya...I just totally think she's the second coming of Christ that's what my bff in Alaska like told me yesterday."
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sarah Palin Can't Name A Founding Father

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Laughable defense at best. Time and time again she hasn't been able to answer simple questions. That is fact, not opinion. Measured. You can rally against measurement as much as you want, but you've offered no facts nothing to back up your claim. Yours is only biased opinion, but that's usually what PDS devolves to
    You aren't offering any form of measurement whatsoever. Just this nebulous idea that her gaffes outweigh her relevant comment when pulling only from a selection of gaffes.

    It's just retarded how you are trying to present yourself as having some kind of rational measure when you, quite simply, don't.

    You've offered not 1 iota of support, you've only had personal opinion and delusion of grandeur. I have stated measurement, you have stated nothing.

    It's all bias on your part. But it is something you can change if you made the effort to inform youself and bring a coherent argument that doesn't center around "Well, like, umm...ya...I just totally think she's the second coming of Christ that's what my bff in Alaska like told me yesterday."
    Well that's just a complete divergence from reality or a very poor attempt at telling a tall one. I have criticized Palin and I have defended her policies. You have done nothing to advance your point except regurgitate my own snarkiness back at me without even having the creativity to make it your own.

    No wonder you can't make a coherent argument on this issue.

    Tell you what, when you discover a way to relate this secret measurement system of yours that undeniably proves by her gaffes that she is unintelligent or whatever it is you are trying to portray (I have serious misgivings as to whether you even know, yourself, what you are trying to say), you just let me know. Or if you're feeling really brave...we can debate her record and her policies.

    But until then, you are pretty much relegated to the PDS crowd along with Disneydude, PogueMoran, and other assorted basketcases.

  10. #90
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Sarah Palin Can't Name A Founding Father

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    You aren't offering any form of measurement whatsoever.
    Recorded speeches and questioning is a measurement. So yes, yes I have.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Just this nebulous idea that her gaffes outweigh her relevant comment when pulling only from a selection of gaffes.
    I think you just can't get over the fact that she hasn't presented herself in any coherent manner or demonstrated the ability to respond to simple questions. Sorry, but as I said you can rally against reality as much as you want but it doesn't change the situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    It's just retarded how you are trying to present yourself as having some kind of rational measure when you, quite simply, don't.
    Well more rational than what you've thus far done.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Well that's just a complete divergence from reality or a very poor attempt at telling a tall one. I have criticized Palin and I have defended her policies. You have done nothing to advance your point except regurgitate my own snarkiness back at me without even having the creativity to make it your own.
    Just showing that your glass house isn't out of the danger zone.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    No wonder you can't make a coherent argument on this issue.
    I've made plenty of them, in this thread in fact. If you can't answer simple questions, then how do you answer complex ones? If you can't answer what the vice-President's job is, what newspapers you read, who your favorite founder is...what's left? If you continually whiff at the softball there's no way to hit a major league pitch. She has yet to demonstrate any amount of coherence or ability and I won't consider her a valid candidate until she does.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Tell you what, when you discover a way to relate this secret measurement system of yours that undeniably proves by her gaffes that she is unintelligent or whatever it is you are trying to portray (I have serious misgivings as to whether you even know, yourself, what you are trying to say), you just let me know. Or if you're feeling really brave...we can debate her record and her policies.
    When you can present a coherent message of hers which she can intelligently defend against questioning, let me know. Till then we have a failed governorship, a failed bid on a Presidential ticket, and a well documented inability to answer simple questions.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    But until then, you are pretty much relegated to the PDS crowd along with Disneydude, PogueMoran, and other assorted basketcases.
    But until then, you are pretty much relegated to the PDS crowd along with Truth Detector and other assorted basketcases.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •