Now matter how low Obama's rating go they will never sink as low as the public opinion polls of Congress.
"I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."
--Albert Einstein, 1929
“I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.
Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:
These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.
1) Conservatives, like myself, who have an honest disagreement with him on which way the nation should go. He may win over a very few, but not likely, due to ideological differences.
2) The looneys on my side of the fence, who hate Obama for the sake of hating Obama, and would give him bad grades, even if he had won the battle against cancer single-handedly.
3) The looneys on your side of the fence, who see Obama as a traitor.
4) Liberals, like yourself, who see Obama as not fighting hard enough for them, after all the promises he made.
5) Independents, who are confused by all the mixed messages this administration has been sending.
Put it all together, and Obama's ratings have nowhere to go but down. If Obama doesn't get his act together soon, and start being consistant on something (and I mean on ANYTHING), he may end up with Bush-like numbers before his first term is over.
Last edited by danarhea; 02-16-10 at 03:13 PM.
The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016
I am more unhappy with congress than Obama. Both the Democrats and Republicans are playing too many games right now because it is election year. It is amazing that many of the republicans who fought against the Stimulus package are taken credit for ground breaking projects that it is creating. Obama is really trying hard to get things going but no Republican is going to work with him right now if they value their job. And the Democrats are a bunch of cowards. Hell, even we are caught up in this crap.
I am so sick of the back and forth from both parties because there are people who really need help right now and nothing is getting done by either side. Do Obama deserve some of the blame...yes. But you can not sit here and say that the republicans really have our best interest in mind right now and Obama is the evil dictator who wants to destroy this country.
I am reading this from my cellphone. Dan, I'll respond later. I am not surprised his numbers are worsening. I think he has done "okay."