Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 493

Thread: Sarah Palin to Contribute to Fox News

  1. #471
    I invented Human Nature
    Z3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    05-13-12 @ 06:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: Sarah Palin to Contribute to Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Let's face it, nothing that GW Bush did or does is ever going to make you support him. A Closed mind is a terrible thing to have. Had Bush gone fully into Afghanistan to win you would have complained about the loss of civilian life. He did was was politically correct and the fact is he went into Iraq with the same attitude, to protect civilian life.

    He cannot win with you so why should anyone try to convince you he wasn't as bad as you believe?
    Iraq CANNOT be reasoned with "removing a despot" logic. I, as well as most of the country, refuses to believe that conveniently the lack of WMD's turned into a war on Al-Qaeda in Iraq, as opposed to what it really was-- war hawking and political opportunism. "Well, he's killing alot of people, and Iraq wants democracy" will not phase me or anyone else with half a brain. Iraq is merely about nation building and wealth extraction, time will tell.
    Don't tread on me= Don't tread on my corporate masters

  2. #472
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Sarah Palin to Contribute to Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Z3n View Post
    Iraq CANNOT be reasoned with "removing a despot" logic. I, as well as most of the country, refuses to believe that conveniently the lack of WMD's turned into a war on Al-Qaeda in Iraq, as opposed to what it really was-- war hawking and political opportunism. "Well, he's killing alot of people, and Iraq wants democracy" will not phase me or anyone else with half a brain. Iraq is merely about nation building and wealth extraction, time will tell.
    What you believe is absolutely irrelevant to what is happening today and to continue to focus on GW Bush is a waste of time. What is it exactly that you want or expect right now? Obama kept the Bush Sec. of Defense and the Bush Iraq Policy so your focus or concerns are mute.

  3. #473
    I invented Human Nature
    Z3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    05-13-12 @ 06:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: Sarah Palin to Contribute to Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What you believe is absolutely irrelevant to what is happening today and to continue to focus on GW Bush is a waste of time. What is it exactly that you want or expect right now? Obama kept the Bush Sec. of Defense and the Bush Iraq Policy so your focus or concerns are mute.
    They most certainly are not mute. Obama is tabling troop withdraw in 2011. Thank god. It's ironic that all the fiscal conservatives are worried about is money and economics, when a vast majority of our revenue is geared towards military endeavors.

    The Federal Pie Chart
    Don't tread on me= Don't tread on my corporate masters

  4. #474
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Sarah Palin to Contribute to Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Z3n View Post
    They most certainly are not mute. Obama is tabling troop withdraw in 2011. Thank god. It's ironic that all the fiscal conservatives are worried about is money and economics, when a vast majority of our revenue is geared towards military endeavors.

    The Federal Pie Chart
    The two main things that motivate fiscal conservatives are the economy and national security. Without a strong national security there is nothing positive in the economy.

    I don't see an answer to my question, what is it exactly that you expect now with Bush out of office? You and others keep bringing him up and ignore anything positive that he did. He is gone, now what?

  5. #475
    I invented Human Nature
    Z3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    05-13-12 @ 06:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: Sarah Palin to Contribute to Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The two main things that motivate fiscal conservatives are the economy and national security. Without a strong national security there is nothing positive in the economy.

    I don't see an answer to my question, what is it exactly that you expect now with Bush out of office? You and others keep bringing him up and ignore anything positive that he did. He is gone, now what?
    Now we have to deal with the monster Bush left us.
    Don't tread on me= Don't tread on my corporate masters

  6. #476
    Professor
    Dirty Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-01-11 @ 01:48 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,390

    Re: Sarah Palin to Contribute to Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Z3n View Post
    Iraq CANNOT be reasoned with "removing a despot" logic. I, as well as most of the country, refuses to believe that conveniently the lack of WMD's turned into a war on Al-Qaeda in Iraq, as opposed to what it really was-- war hawking and political opportunism. "Well, he's killing alot of people, and Iraq wants democracy" will not phase me or anyone else with half a brain. Iraq is merely about nation building and wealth extraction, time will tell.
    It would have been real interesting to see what these neocon responses would have been had a democratic president gotten us into the Iraqi quagmire. They would have crucified him.

  7. #477
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Sarah Palin to Contribute to Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Z3n View Post
    Now we have to deal with the monster Bush left us.
    And what is the Obama plan to do that, massive expansion of govt? Bush and the Democrat Congress left us with a mess and Obama and the Democrat Congress that helped create the mess. How is that working out for you

  8. #478
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Sarah Palin to Contribute to Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    It would have been real interesting to see what these neocon responses would have been had a democratic president gotten us into the Iraqi quagmire. They would have crucified him.
    That is your opinion which you are entitled to and pure speculation as we will never know, just like we will never know what would have happened had Saddam Hussein remained in power without sanctions. Some people simply want someone else to blame on every issue. After November Obama will have the Republicans to blame again.

  9. #479
    Guru
    Porchev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    01-08-17 @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    3,092

    Re: Sarah Palin to Contribute to Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Z3n View Post
    They most certainly are not mute. Obama is tabling troop withdraw in 2011. Thank god. It's ironic that all the fiscal conservatives are worried about is money and economics, when a vast majority of our revenue is geared towards military endeavors.

    The Federal Pie Chart
    The fiscal problems the government and tax payers are in are going to be much worse from entitlement spending, not military spending.

    Entitlements Alone Will Eclipse Historical Tax Levels by 2052

  10. #480
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Sarah Palin to Contribute to Fox News

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Let's face it, nothing that GW Bush did or does is ever going to make you support him.
    Let's face it, nothing GW Bush did or does is ever going to make you say **** about him.

    As for myself, Mr. Bush never did anything that I found worthy of supporting. I do think he's been an entirely excellent former president, however.

    Bottom line here, you're completely wrong about your insistence that no resources were diverted from Afghanistan to attack Iraq. Do you ever research the junk you spew before spewing it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Had Bush gone fully into Afghanistan to win
    "Fully?" So you think Bush used our presence Afghanistan as little more than a stepping stone to invade and occupy Iraq, too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    you would have complained about the loss of civilian life.
    Nope. Unlike some, who believe our invading forces will be "greeted as liberators," I'm realistic about wars. I recognize not only that innocent people will die, but also that you can't split up your resources and expect to achieve any sort of realistic success on two separate and unrelated fronts. You either go in with everything you've got and stay there till the job is done, or you fail.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    He did was was politically correct
    Invading and occupying another nation that was no real threat to the US is "politically correct?" Who knew?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    the fact is he went into Iraq with the same attitude, to protect civilian life.
    Riiight. That's why Bush invaded Iraq. But what about the rest of the excuses the Bush administration offered for invading Iraq?

    We've got the ZOMG! Weapons of Mass Destruction! rationale, the ZOMG! Iraqi Links to Terrrist Organizations! rationale, the Combating Terrrizm! rationale, the Bringing Democracy to the Middle East rationale, the Establishing a Long-term Middle East Military Presence rationale, the Divine Inspiration rationale, the Preemption of Terrrist Ties rationale...



    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    He cannot win with you so why should anyone try to convince you he wasn't as bad as you believe?
    He can do no wrong with you, so why should anyone try to convince you he's not as awesome as you believe?

    I'll tell you why. Because a closed mind is a terrible thing to have.

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •