Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 57

Thread: Dodd is Out!

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Dodd is Out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jones View Post
    yup, pigs in sheep's clothing - pigs who act like sheep - LOL - that's Connecticut - worse part about them is getting behind them on the road - boy, do they suck at driving too.
    No, you certainly would rather be behind them. Connecticut is the only state where one needs to approach green lights with caution. I don't think any of them can see red lights.

  2. #32
    Educator
    mtm1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 04:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: Dodd is Out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jones View Post
    yup, pigs in sheep's clothing - pigs who act like sheep - LOL - that's Connecticut - worse part about them is getting behind them on the road - boy, do they suck at driving too.
    those independents put lieberman in office when he was last elected rather than the democrat that was chosen in a closed democratic primary by the state's lockstep liberal democrats. Dodd even told lieberman not to run. look where Dodd is today, a lameduck!!

    mtm1963

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    531

    Re: Dodd is Out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Those would called the Conn Artists, wouldn't they?
    Conn Artists - there is a lot in a name.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    531

    Re: Dodd is Out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    No, you certainly would rather be behind them. Connecticut is the only state where one needs to approach green lights with caution. I don't think any of them can see red lights.
    I've been behind them on the road - trust me, you don't want to be behind them - I don't think they see the road that good, let alone the lights.

  5. #35
    Educator
    mtm1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 04:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: Dodd is Out!

    Connecticut's AG to run fro Dodd's seat.

    He's supposed to be popular.

    Excite News - Dodd, D-Conn., retiring from Senate; AG to run

    mtm1963

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    531

    Re: Dodd is Out!

    Quote Originally Posted by mtm1963 View Post
    those independents put lieberman in office when he was last elected rather than the democrat that was chosen in a closed democratic primary by the state's lockstep liberal democrats. Dodd even told lieberman not to run. look where Dodd is today, a lameduck!!

    mtm1963
    Gibbs just said that Dodd says he will continue to work on consumer protection.

    Ain't that intersting - Dodd is the Banking Committee Chairman and he says he will work on consumer protection.

    OK - most folks had their credit cards and home loans for years with little trouble - Dodd becomes Chairman of the Banking Committee and look at all the people throughout the country who are in financial trouble with their credit cards and their homes like never felt before - f '''ing people's credit history like never before.

    And let's not forget the bailout given to the banks who have jocked so many people's credit history and wallets.

    Connecticut ought to be proud getting Dodd back home.
    Last edited by Tom Jones; 01-06-10 at 02:23 PM.

  7. #37
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Dodd is Out!

    Quote Originally Posted by mtm1963 View Post
    those independents put lieberman in office when he was last elected rather than the democrat that was chosen in a closed democratic primary by the state's lockstep liberal democrats. Dodd even told lieberman not to run. look where Dodd is today, a lameduck!!

    mtm1963
    See, if you look hard enough, you can find common ground. Lieberman has something in common with Dodd.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #38
    Educator
    mtm1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 04:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: Dodd is Out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jones View Post
    Gibbs just said that Dodd says he will continue to work on consumer protection.

    Ain't that intersting - Dodd is the Banking Committee Chairman and he says he will work on consumer protection.

    OK - most folks had their credit cards and home loans for years with little trouble - Dodd becomes Chairman of the Banking Committee and look at all the people throughout the country who are in financial trouble with their credit cards and their homes like never felt before - f '''ing people's credit history like never before.

    And let's not forget the bailout given to the banks who have jocked so many people's credit history and wallets.

    Connecticut ought to be proud getting Dodd back home.
    you got that right. they(congress) take billions of dollars of our money and give it to the banks while the banks suck to the average person dry.

    mtm1963

  9. #39
    Educator
    mtm1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 04:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: Dodd is Out!

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    See, if you look hard enough, you can find common ground. Lieberman has something in common with Dodd.
    i'd perfer Lieberman over most democratic senators any day.

    mtm1963

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    531

    Re: Dodd is Out!

    Quote Originally Posted by mtm1963 View Post
    i'd perfer Lieberman over most democratic senators any day.

    mtm1963
    Same-same. But Lieberman is really no bargain either - afterall, he was a Democrat, and he's from Conn Artist - come to think of it, he looks like one to me.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •