Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Boom Goes the (hic) Dynamite Baucus Drunk on Senate Floor

  1. #11
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Author of Senate ObamaCare bill delivers interesting floor speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    yeah.....Somehow I doubt that any Senator would willingly admit that they were drunk while up there on that little podium. In fact I'm pretty sure that they would deny it.

    I'm not saying weather he was drunk or not cause I really don't know, I wasn't there. But I'm not going to rely on his word either.

    And it's not like it's the first time that some politician was blamed for being drunk. How many times was Bush said to have been drunk? I think that I once read one headline while at a check out stand that basically said that he was always drunk.

    Politics as normal.
    The point would be that many are relying on assumption and guesses to say he was drunk. There were at least three threads started on just this topic, which just shows how much some people are looking for something, anything to bitch about.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #12
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Author of Senate ObamaCare bill delivers interesting floor speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The point would be that many are relying on assumption and guesses to say he was drunk. There were at least three threads started on just this topic, which just shows how much some people are looking for something, anything to bitch about.
    My point was just to address about a Senator denying <insert whatever here> is really nothing new and that since senators lie about these types of things all the time we can't take their word for it. Which of course leaves it up to a persons imagination.

    Sure people may be just looking for something to bitch about, but there will always be people like that in any time period. Sometimes there will be more, sometimes there will be less. And in today's social and economic atmosphere I can't really blame anyone for bitching, on either side.

    Think about it...

    People being called pretty much every name in the book...by elected representatives. Sure this may have been done in past presidencies...but I don't think it's ever been done to this extent...except maybe during the Civil War period.

    A stimulus that as far as people can tell is not working...doesn't help when the government is talking about another stimulus possibly being worked on.

    Cap and trade: which is going to cost taxpayers (including the ones Obama promised wouldn't see no new taxes) more of their money..and not just out of their checks but also their lively hoods (cost jobs).

    A health care bill that the majority of people think is a bad idea.

    A president who goes around the world apologizing for America.

    A president who took months to decide to listen to his generals in reinforcing our troops in Afghanistan. (and even then he didn't give as many troops as was asked for)

    People are thinking that their rights are being taken away.

    A government that has taken over 2 major private (IE non-government) corporations.

    People are realizing that our elected representatives are doing everything that they can to twist the essence of our Constitution. Something which MANY people hold in the highest respect. (and I'm not saying that this started under Obama..I'm just saying that they are just now realizing it...well the majority of people are realizing it.)

    More and more elected representatives are resigning due to found out corruption/scandals.

    And the list goes on and on. These are only the things that I could think of off the top of my head.

    Point is that in this day and age of near instantaneous communication combined with the list above (and then some) more things are going to be found out and cried out against...even things which some people would consider stupid or "grasping".
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #13
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Author of Senate ObamaCare bill delivers interesting floor speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    My point was just to address about a Senator denying <insert whatever here> is really nothing new and that since senators lie about these types of things all the time we can't take their word for it. Which of course leaves it up to a persons imagination.

    Sure people may be just looking for something to bitch about, but there will always be people like that in any time period. Sometimes there will be more, sometimes there will be less. And in today's social and economic atmosphere I can't really blame anyone for bitching, on either side.

    Think about it...

    People being called pretty much every name in the book...by elected representatives. Sure this may have been done in past presidencies...but I don't think it's ever been done to this extent...except maybe during the Civil War period.

    A stimulus that as far as people can tell is not working...doesn't help when the government is talking about another stimulus possibly being worked on.

    Cap and trade: which is going to cost taxpayers (including the ones Obama promised wouldn't see no new taxes) more of their money..and not just out of their checks but also their lively hoods (cost jobs).

    A health care bill that the majority of people think is a bad idea.

    A president who goes around the world apologizing for America.

    A president who took months to decide to listen to his generals in reinforcing our troops in Afghanistan. (and even then he didn't give as many troops as was asked for)

    People are thinking that their rights are being taken away.

    A government that has taken over 2 major private (IE non-government) corporations.

    People are realizing that our elected representatives are doing everything that they can to twist the essence of our Constitution. Something which MANY people hold in the highest respect. (and I'm not saying that this started under Obama..I'm just saying that they are just now realizing it...well the majority of people are realizing it.)

    More and more elected representatives are resigning due to found out corruption/scandals.

    And the list goes on and on. These are only the things that I could think of off the top of my head.

    Point is that in this day and age of near instantaneous communication combined with the list above (and then some) more things are going to be found out and cried out against...even things which some people would consider stupid or "grasping".
    None of which has anything to do with the topic, and is just the usual partisan whinefest.

    On topic, there is no reason to assume he is drunk, and he offered an explanation which makes sense. There is no reason to disbelieve him, and since no one was hurt by what happened, it's a big nothing. Accusing some one of something, then saying "well, you might be lying" is politics at it's lowest.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #14
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Author of Senate ObamaCare bill delivers interesting floor speech

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    This is funny stuff. Is it real or some kind of spoof>

    How did the folks on MSNBC miss this one.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  5. #15
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Author of Senate ObamaCare bill delivers interesting floor speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    None of which has anything to do with the topic, and is just the usual partisan whinefest.

    On topic, there is no reason to assume he is drunk, and he offered an explanation which makes sense. There is no reason to disbelieve him, and since no one was hurt by what happened, it's a big nothing. Accusing some one of something, then saying "well, you might be lying" is politics at it's lowest.


    Sorry but being as he's a politician I find the bolded part rather funny. Do you honestly think that he wouldn't deny being drunk if he had been? And no it's not politics at it's lowest. Lying has become second nature to many politicians over the last few decades (at least). It is only natural that people doubt the word of a politician.

    BTW, in case you hadn't noticed I have yet to say that he was drunk. I've already admitted that I do not know if he was or not as I was not there. But that doesn't mean that I'm automatically going to believe him when he says that he wasn't drunk.

    As far as my list goes it was in response to your posts. I was showing why people might be "grasping" as you put it.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #16
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Author of Senate ObamaCare bill delivers interesting floor speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post


    Sorry but being as he's a politician I find the bolded part rather funny. Do you honestly think that he wouldn't deny being drunk if he had been? And no it's not politics at it's lowest. Lying has become second nature to many politicians over the last few decades (at least). It is only natural that people doubt the word of a politician.

    BTW, in case you hadn't noticed I have yet to say that he was drunk. I've already admitted that I do not know if he was or not as I was not there. But that doesn't mean that I'm automatically going to believe him when he says that he wasn't drunk.

    As far as my list goes it was in response to your posts. I was showing why people might be "grasping" as you put it.


    Yes, it is politics at its lowest. There is noone present saying he was drunk. No Senator. No staffer. No janitor. No visitor. There is no news agency reporting he was drunk. He does not appear drunk in the video. Noone saw him drinking. There are no pictures of this liquid lunch being consumed. No one who witnessed it. Nooone who was present at it.

    What you have is a partisan blogger making **** up, the target saying, hey, that's madeup bull****, then you saying, well OF COURSE he'd deny it.

    I don't know if you could get any more 1984 than that.
    Tiki Bar! Woot!
    Drinks are plenty, music is fine, and the company is first-rate

  7. #17
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Author of Senate ObamaCare bill delivers interesting floor speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post


    Sorry but being as he's a politician I find the bolded part rather funny. Do you honestly think that he wouldn't deny being drunk if he had been? And no it's not politics at it's lowest. Lying has become second nature to many politicians over the last few decades (at least). It is only natural that people doubt the word of a politician.

    BTW, in case you hadn't noticed I have yet to say that he was drunk. I've already admitted that I do not know if he was or not as I was not there. But that doesn't mean that I'm automatically going to believe him when he says that he wasn't drunk.

    As far as my list goes it was in response to your posts. I was showing why people might be "grasping" as you put it.
    If I said "well, Kal'Stang might be a muslim terrorist", and when you denied it, I said "well, people on message boards lie about themselves all the time", you would be justified in calling me out for spreading unsubstantiated rumor. That is all this is. We have no reason to think he was drunk, his explanation makes sense, saying "he might be lying" serves no purpose.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #18
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Author of Senate ObamaCare bill delivers interesting floor speech

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Yes, it is politics at its lowest. There is noone present saying he was drunk. No Senator. No staffer. No janitor. No visitor. There is no news agency reporting he was drunk. He does not appear drunk in the video. Noone saw him drinking. There are no pictures of this liquid lunch being consumed. No one who witnessed it. Nooone who was present at it.

    What you have is a partisan blogger making **** up, the target saying, hey, that's madeup bull****, then you saying, well OF COURSE he'd deny it.

    I don't know if you could get any more 1984 than that.
    See you had to use other evidence in order to prove that he wasn't drunk. I'm talking about where he said that he wasn't. And only that. ALL that I have been saying is that we can't take his word alone about weather he was drunk or not.

    Do you really deny that he wouldn't deny it even if it was true? If so I own the deed to the Brooklyn Bridge and I'd like to sell it to ya.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #19
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Author of Senate ObamaCare bill delivers interesting floor speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    See you had to use other evidence in order to prove that he wasn't drunk. I'm talking about where he said that he wasn't. And only that. ALL that I have been saying is that we can't take his word alone about weather he was drunk or not.

    Do you really deny that he wouldn't deny it even if it was true? If so I own the deed to the Brooklyn Bridge and I'd like to sell it to ya.

    No, actually I watched the video and was puzzled beyond belief at the partisan gall that would impugn a person's character in such a way. Also, I presented no evidence for him NOT being drunk, I noted the utter and complete lack of evidence FOR claiming that he was drunk.

    As to the question of would Max Baucus say he was drunk if he was drunk? Yea, he probably would. He had no problem admitting an affair with a woman he recommended to be US Attorney - which is actually damaging to him.
    Last edited by jackalope; 12-30-09 at 04:24 PM.
    Tiki Bar! Woot!
    Drinks are plenty, music is fine, and the company is first-rate

  10. #20
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boom Goes the (hic) Dynamite Baucus Drunk on Senate Floor

    I may very well be in the wrong here. But I still see no problem with reminding people that our politicians do lie and that we can't always take them at their word.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •