Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 121

Thread: Nullification for Texas? Will it work?

  1. #11
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Nullification for Texas? Will it work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rassales View Post
    Texas is a net gainer in terms of federal taxes paid and services/funding received. Why would Texas get to keep ANY element of defense, other than the land the bases sit on?

    Thing is, we already have precedent for this. You can't just leave the union if you feel like it--blood in, blood out.
    Can't we make an exception?

    Puhleeeeez!

    Let Texas keep it all minus the nuclear arms. They are gonna need it the moment that Mexico realizes it is back up for grabs.

  2. #12
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Nullification for Texas? Will it work?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Good riddance....We'd be a better country without ya.
    This shows a prime example of what silly talk a poor education is capable of producing. Texas has an economy that is the second largest in the nation behind California and the 15th largest in the world based on GDP.

    The loss in the amount of tax revenue alone would the Nation as whole and the dumb ass Liberal push for Socialism/Communism in particular.

    Although it might set the stage for other States to follow suit and show Obama been Lying, Reid and Pelosi that this destruction of the economy they are pushing will be met with forceful opposition as well it should be.

    Obama Been Lying and rest of the Liberal dirt bags are usurping the will of the people and setting themselves up for more than they can handle when the people decide it's time to do as Thomas Jefferson said back in 1776, (and I paraphrase) throw off this Government that has failed to act in the best interests of the people. Obama, Reid, and Pelosi, have decided tyranny is okay because they know that in a Dictatorship those at the top get to continue to live like Kings while the rest become no better than slaves.

  3. #13
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,673

    Re: Nullification for Texas? Will it work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rassales View Post
    I have one word on the other side: food.
    Do you have any idea how much farm land is in Texas? Holy moley! Imagine eating steaks and corn on the cob with pinto beans and cornbread as much as you want! Sweetened iced tea and pecan pie.

    Oh man... you're makin' me homesick.

    We all know the very idea of Texas leaving the union is rediculous. I'm just sayin' what if....

    America bashing Texans onboard notwithstanding, but there are many Texans that are still proud to be an American.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  4. #14
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Nullification for Texas? Will it work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    This shows a prime example of what silly talk a poor education is capable of producing. Texas has an economy that is the second largest in the nation behind California and the 15th largest in the world based on GDP.

    The loss in the amount of tax revenue alone would the Nation as whole and the dumb ass Liberal push for Socialism/Communism in particular.

    Although it might set the stage for other States to follow suit and show Obama been Lying, Reid and Pelosi that this destruction of the economy they are pushing will be met with forceful opposition as well it should be.

    Obama Been Lying and rest of the Liberal dirt bags are usurping the will of the people and setting themselves up for more than they can handle when the people decide it's time to do as Thomas Jefferson said back in 1776, (and I paraphrase) throw off this Government that has failed to act in the best interests of the people. Obama, Reid, and Pelosi, have decided tyranny is okay because they know that in a Dictatorship those at the top get to continue to live like Kings while the rest become no better than slaves.
    Hm...good point. If we are doing this economically, then Alaska should be the first to go.

    Do you think anyone is serious about wanting to see a state go? Jeez! No sense of humor.

  5. #15
    Professor
    Missouri Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hot Springs, Arkansas
    Last Seen
    04-02-13 @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,406

    Re: Nullification for Texas? Will it work?

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I would rather just get rid of Rick Perry.
    I don't have any strong feelings about him one way or another. Who would you prefer?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

  6. #16
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,673

    Re: Nullification for Texas? Will it work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Mule View Post
    I don't have any strong feelings about him one way or another. Who would you prefer?
    Kinky Friedman?

    Last edited by Captain America; 12-22-09 at 07:51 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: Nullification for Texas? Will it work?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Just caught this episode of Jim Neider's radio show/blog.







    Nutty Conservatives going at it or Legitimate Issue?
    Just a teabagger's wet dreams.

  8. #18
    Professor
    Missouri Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hot Springs, Arkansas
    Last Seen
    04-02-13 @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,406

    Re: Nullification for Texas? Will it work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Make no mistake, the US would miss Texas a LOT more than Texas would miss the US.

    Ports, refineries, defense. Mexico. Holy cow.
    Is that ever the truth? Anyone who has ever been south of Texas and seen what comes through there would be astonished. Houston is now so big that it takes up half of the state of Texas and makes Dallas look like a wide spot in the road.

    Texas could VERY easily be self supporting and wealthy beyond anyone's comprehension. We don't need the rest of the states to support Texas.

    I just think most Texans are just fed up with the Bolsheviks in Washington, D.C. This is not the America most of us grew up in.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

  9. #19
    Professor
    Missouri Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hot Springs, Arkansas
    Last Seen
    04-02-13 @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,406

    Re: Nullification for Texas? Will it work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Kinky Friedman?

    Oddly enough, I actually voted for him the last election. He probably would have been a dud but it didn't make any real difference one way or another. Perry had it in the bag regardless.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

  10. #20
    Professor
    Missouri Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hot Springs, Arkansas
    Last Seen
    04-02-13 @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,406

    Re: Nullification for Texas? Will it work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rassales View Post
    Texas is a net gainer in terms of federal taxes paid and services/funding received. Why would Texas get to keep ANY element of defense, other than the land the bases sit on?

    Thing is, we already have precedent for this. You can't just leave the union if you feel like it--blood in, blood out.
    Is that an actual fact? It was my understanding that the Republic of Texas was let in with some specific understandings such as it could split into five separate states and had the right to leave if the U.S. went into the toilet although I could be wrong about the latter. I guess I was wrong.

    Resolution Annexing Texas to the US
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •