Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 70

Thread: Death Tweets?

  1. #21
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Death Tweets?

    The first tweet was a call to pray for her son and came a few minutes after she called 999.

    If she has 5000 followers maybe she was thinking that could lead to 5000 prayers for her son.

    I don't believe that's going to do **** to help, but obviously some people (perhaps the majority?) think prayers can help in these situations or they wouldn't ask for them when things like this happen.

    I don't know the entirety of what she posted, but according to the article:

    As paramedics tried to revive him, Ross, who used the online name ‘Military-Mom’, posted the note: ‘Please pray like never before, my 2 yr old fell in the pool.’
    That was the first tweet after the accident.

    Well what else could she do? The paramedics are already there, so she's doing the only thing she can think of that may actually help her child, call for people to pray for his/her safety.

    I see nothing at all wrong with that. I don't agree that these prayers were going to do anything, but to attack this woman for doing what she obviously thought might help her child is sick in it's own way.


    Now, if she had been tweeting about her shoes or something, the outrage would make sense. But outrage over tweeting for prayers for her child?!?!?!?

    Come on.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Death Tweets?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    The first tweet was a call to pray for her son and came a few minutes after she called 999.

    If she has 5000 followers maybe she was thinking that could lead to 5000 prayers for her son.

    I don't believe that's going to do **** to help, but obviously some people (perhaps the majority?) think prayers can help in these situations or they wouldn't ask for them when things like this happen.

    I don't know the entirety of what she posted, but according to the article:



    That was the first tweet after the accident.

    Well what else could she do? The paramedics are already there, so she's doing the only thing she can think of that may actually help her child, call for people to pray for his/her safety.

    I see nothing at all wrong with that. I don't agree that these prayers were going to do anything, but to attack this woman for doing what she obviously thought might help her child is sick in it's own way.


    Now, if she had been tweeting about her shoes or something, the outrage would make sense. But outrage over tweeting for prayers for her child?!?!?!?

    Come on.
    I don't know. My kid is trying to be revived by paramedics, getting on the internets is the last thing on my mind. Maaaaaaybe I would text someone...
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Death Tweets?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    I don't know. My kid is trying to be revived by paramedics, getting on the internets is the last thing on my mind. Maaaaaaybe I would text someone...
    Good on her. It probably kept her a little less frantic than the Mom who would otherwise be getting in the paramedics way and screaming and ranting. Perhaps twitter made the work of those paramedics a little less stressful for a few seconds. Who knows...

  4. #24
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Death Tweets?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    I don't know. My kid is trying to be revived by paramedics, getting on the internets is the last thing on my mind. Maaaaaaybe I would text someone...
    ****, asking for prayers would be one of the last things on my mind but that doesn't stop other people from doing it during these situations.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Death Tweets?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    I was a stay at home dad for well over a year and a half. Thankfully, I am a bit of a loner and grew up as an only child so my social needs aren't great. If you are someone who craves attention and likes to talk to people all the time, I can see how being a stay at home parent would drive you to the internet. Although it certainley doesn't excuse tweeting or blogging about your child as they are dying.
    I'm fairly sure I couldn't have done it. I liked working a split schedule, though...3 days in the office and 2 at home.

  6. #26
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Death Tweets?

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Good on her. It probably kept her a little less frantic than the Mom who would otherwise be getting in the paramedics way and screaming and ranting. Perhaps twitter made the work of those paramedics a little less stressful for a few seconds. Who knows...
    Well ****, its not like the only options are either twitter or get in the way. If my kid is dying you are damn right I am frantic. But I am not logging onto Debate Politics to de-stress about the revival efforts as they are happening.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Death Tweets?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    Well ****, its not like the only options are either twitter or get in the way. If my kid is dying you are damn right I am frantic. But I am not logging onto Debate Politics to de-stress about the revival efforts as they are happening.
    I think it smacks of needing attention a little too much, and from the wrong place.

  8. #28
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Death Tweets?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    Well ****, its not like the only options are either twitter or get in the way. If my kid is dying you are damn right I am frantic. But I am not logging onto Debate Politics to de-stress about the revival efforts as they are happening.
    According to the article she wasn't doing that either.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #29
    Student MsRetro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    01-24-10 @ 07:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    279

    Re: Death Tweets?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    I don't know. My kid is trying to be revived by paramedics, getting on the internets is the last thing on my mind. Maaaaaaybe I would text someone...
    A lot of people use twitter from their phones. You send the tweet as a text message.

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Death Tweets?

    Quote Originally Posted by MsRetro View Post
    A lot of people use twitter from their phones. You send the tweet as a text message.
    You are talking to a 30 year old who may as well as be 65 years old with technology. I see commericals for phones that talk about apps, and I don't even know what that means. I may get myself a jitterbug cell phone.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •