Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 125

Thread: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

  1. #41
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    He cannot help it because he views anything "socialist" as evil and bad.
    And where socialism is anything he does not like. The terms Socialism and Communism here really have no definition other then "anything I don't like." All too often we see people call obviously socialist programs not to be Socialist because they like them and declare programs and countries that are not Communist to be Communist. There are still people here calling the most capitalistic country on the planet "Communist."

    English is not strong with many here.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #42
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Did anyone watch the video (besides me, that appears to be a common theme here)?

    She outright states that on GDP, it's over. But she also states on her definition, that a recession is not over until everyone who wants to work are back to work. That in itself is an endless recession as there are always people who want to work who for some reason aren't working. To attack Obama on such a definition is asinine, insane and entirely dishonest as it means the US economy has been in a recession since day the founders declared their independence. The only time under her definition that a recession is over is when we hit 0% unemployment.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #43
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    And where socialism is anything he does not like. The terms Socialism and Communism here really have no definition other then "anything I don't like." All too often we see people call obviously socialist programs not to be Socialist because they like them and declare programs and countries that are not Communist to be Communist. There are still people here calling the most capitalistic country on the planet "Communist."

    English is not strong with many here.
    The military is socialism?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    APDST, while I agree with your viewpoints 100%, you are taking the thread off topic for a 2nd time in as many pages. I don't want you to get in trouble with the mods here who already warned us to stay on track, so if you don't have anything to say about the recession, then maybe start a new thread on your topic. Trust me, I agree with you, but I don't want you to get in trouble because of your passion for our fighting men and women.

  5. #45
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    APDST, while I agree with your viewpoints 100%, you are taking the thread off topic for a 2nd time in as many pages. I don't want you to get in trouble with the mods here who already warned us to stay on track, so if you don't have anything to say about the recession, then maybe start a new thread on your topic. Trust me, I agree with you, but I don't want you to get in trouble because of your passion for our fighting men and women.
    I'm taking the thread off topic? Are you for real?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #46
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The military is socialism?
    Jesus Boy. Can you read?

    Your argument was because COTUS allows it, it therefore isn't Socialism.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #47
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Did anyone watch the video (besides me, that appears to be a common theme here)?
    Your towering arrogance here presumes that all that disagree with your take is wrong, and they OBVIOUSLY didn't watch the video. Has it ever occurred to you that sometimes... just sometimes two people can see the same material and come to differing conclusions?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #48
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Your towering arrogance here presumes that all that disagree with your take is wrong, and they OBVIOUSLY didn't watch the video. Has it ever occurred to you that sometimes... just sometimes two people can see the same material and come to differing conclusions?
    Tell me how she defined her definition of when the recession is over if you think I'm wrong. What you fail (or deliberately ignore) is that I actually have stated reasons based on the actual text or video for my comments. You have never, in any thread so far, addressed these reasons.

    Commence the personal insults that stem from Mr. V's inability to back up anything he says.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 12-16-09 at 06:45 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #49
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The military is socialism?
    What would you call somebody providing a service for the State and then that State taking care of most of their needs from housing to feeding on top of the salary already provided for the individual? You know where they do a lot of that? Cuba.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #50
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    What would you call somebody providing a service for the State and then that State taking care of most of their needs from housing to feeding on top of the salary already provided for the individual? You know where they do a lot of that? Cuba.
    By that logic, every job is socialism because there uis compensation in them all. Do you know what socialism is?

    I think being an all volunteer service kinda kills the socialism argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •