Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 125

Thread: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

  1. #111
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You need to check yourself, I never said that
    The Constitution gives Congress the responsibility to maintain a standing army. Providing food, housing and medial are important mechanics of maintaining a standing army. It would be rediculus, not to mention fool-hardy, not to insure that your fighting force is in good physical condition. That's why the miltiary isn't a social program.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/news-2...post1058421872

    Fail.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #112
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    That's right, the miltiary isn't a social program. How many social programs have you ever seen where you have to perform, or get your ass out? I don't know of any.

    I love how you took my post out of context, but that's no surprise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #113
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's right, the miltiary isn't a social program. How many social programs have you ever seen where you have to perform, or get your ass out? I don't know of any.

    I love how you took my post out of context, but that's no surprise
    Apparently you failed to realize that your argument has already been refuted.

    I removed it from context by entirely quoting you. You straight up STATED that COTUS allows it and therefore it's not Socialism. Furthermore, when I challenged your argument, you did not reject the argument that because COTUS says so, it's not Socialism. And the rest of your post has nothing to do with actual performance. It has to do with maintaining a military from a logistical point of view.

    You did in fact argue that because COTUS allows it, it's not Socialism. A social program is irrelevant. As Hatuey pointed out, you have no understand of what means of production is.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 12-17-09 at 09:26 PM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #114
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Apparently you failed to realize that your argument has already been refuted.

    I removed it from context by entirely quoting you. You straight up STATED that COTUS allows it and therefore it's not Socialism. Furthermore, when I challenged your argument, you did not reject the argument that because COTUS says so, it's not Socialism. And the rest of your post has nothing to do with actual performance. It has to do with maintaining a military from a logistical point of view.


    Explain to us how the military social program works. Thanks in advance.

    You did in fact argue that because COTUS allows it, it's not Socialism.
    No, this is what I said:

    The Constitution gives Congress the responsibility to maintain a standing army. Providing food, housing and medial are important mechanics of maintaining a standing army. It would be rediculus, not to mention fool-hardy, not to insure that your fighting force is in good physical condition. That's why the miltiary isn't a social program.
    I don't see the word socialism in that paragraph. Who is that can't read? Hmm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #115
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And what has he said about the military that is factually incorrect? Just saying he has not served and so does not know everything about the military is not an argument.
    That's a social program. It's not. You know that as well as I do.

    What standard does the welfare class have to meet to stay on welfare?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #116
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's a social program. It's not. You know that as well as I do.

    What standard does the welfare class have to meet to stay on welfare?
    Which has what to do with whether it is socialist or not? If the government owns a factory that makes aircraft, is it not socialist because it's not a social program?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #117
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Which has what to do with whether it is socialist or not? If the government owns a factory that makes aircraft, is it not socialist because it's not a social program?
    Are you saying that the military only enlists the poor and under priviledged?

    The military doesn't build aircraft. They don't build anything. They provide for the national security. No one is forced in, nor forced to stay.


    Doesn't sound much like Socialism to me.

    Annnnnnd, here's your failboat

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #118
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Explain to us how the military social program works. Thanks in advance.
    I like how you attack Hatuey on his post arguing you have no understand of socialism...and then prove him entirely correct.

    Being or not being a social program is irrelevant as to whether or not something is socialism. Why you can't grasp this is somewhat perplexing. Under your argument, if the government controlled and manufactured steel for the country, that's not socialism because it's not a social program. Never mind how it entirely fits the necessary criteria of owning the means of production.

    I don't see the word socialism in that paragraph. Who is that can't read? Hmm?
    That's because you still don't understand socialism.

    Doesn't change the fact you argued that because COTUS said so, it's not socialism.

    And posting lame pictures doesn't compensate for awful debate skills.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #119
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Which has what to do with whether it is socialist or not? If the government owns a factory that makes aircraft, is it not socialist because it's not a social program?
    I don't think he realizes he's digging his grave deeper and deeper.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #120
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    I like how you attack Hatuey on his post arguing you have no understand of socialism...and then prove him entirely correct.

    Being or not being a social program is irrelevant as to whether or not something is socialism. Why you can't grasp this is somewhat perplexing. Under your argument, if the government controlled and manufactured steel for the country, that's not socialism because it's not a social program. Never mind how it entirely fits the necessary criteria of owning the means of production.



    That's because you still don't understand socialism.

    Doesn't change the fact you argued that because COTUS said so, it's not socialism.

    And posting lame pictures doesn't compensate for awful debate skills.
    The military doesn't produce steel. You folks are getting really rediculous.

    Time to put OC back on ignore, and bail from this rdiculous ass thread.

    One last fail boat before I go. Have a good night!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •