Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 125

Thread: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

  1. #91
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,582

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    From wiki:

    Arguing in the context of society is invalid. When we are speaking about the military, we are referencing to an extremely large agency within the federal government. Society is the civilian population.

    Will you admit your error now?
    Can you take a vacation from Socialism the way you can the service?

    Can you go, "off duty" in a socialist society and do anything you want the way you can in the service?

    Can you decide that you don't like living under Socialism and ETS the way you can in the service?

    While the military may exhibit some characterics that may in one's opinion be considered, "socialist"; however, stateing that the military is Socialism, as a fact, is erroneous.

    A correction:

    This:

    I claimed to be an expert on Socialism.
    Should read:

    I never claimed to be an expert on Socialism
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #92
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,356
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Can you take a vacation from Socialism the way you can the service?

    Can you go, "off duty" in a socialist society and do anything you want the way you can in the service?

    Can you decide that you don't like living under Socialism and ETS the way you can in the service?

    While the military may exhibit some characterics that may in one's opinion be considered, "socialist"; however, stateing that the military is Socialism, as a fact, is erroneous.

    A correction:

    This:



    Should read:
    So if there is vacation time in socialist countries, it's not socialist? Brilliant!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #93
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So if there is vacation time in socialist countries, it's not socialist? Brilliant!
    :

    Vacations under Socialism | Making the History of 1989

    In this oral history interview conducted in Braşov, Romania, during the summer of 2003, “E” discusses traveling under Socialism. She notes that, despite the fact that the country was led by an uneducated dictator, people—that is working people—always received a two week, state-subsidized vacation. Since this benefit is no longer guaranteed by the State, a number of women felt this aspect of life was better under Socialism because everyone was guaranteed days of rest.
    Vacation time is used as a means of increasing/maintaining productivity.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #94
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,582

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So if there is vacation time in socialist countries, it's not socialist? Brilliant!
    And you say that I can't read?...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #95
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post

    Can you go, "off duty" in a socialist society and do anything you want the way you can in the service?
    Have a look. France, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Singapore (the so called free market), Iceland, etc.........

    Then look at the US lol!

    apdst.......

    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_statutory_minimum_employment_leave_by_coun try"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_statutory_minimum_employment_leave_by_coun try[/ame]
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #96
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,356
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    :

    Vacations under Socialism | Making the History of 1989



    Vacation time is used as a means of increasing/maintaining productivity.
    So by apdst's theory, then there is no socialism really. We could completely buy up all the factories in the country and run them at the federal level, but it won't be socialism if we give the workers vacation time. Well, that's a load off my mind.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #97
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,582

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So by apdst's theory, then there is no socialism really. We could completely buy up all the factories in the country and run them at the federal level, but it won't be socialism if we give the workers vacation time. Well, that's a load off my mind.
    So, now you're going to resort to lieing about what I did and didn't say? I used to think you were smarter than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #98
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,582

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Have a look. France, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Singapore (the so called free market), Iceland, etc.........

    Then look at the US lol!

    apdst.......

    List of statutory minimum employment leave by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Did you at least try to read and comprehend my post, or are you just being obtuse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #99
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    One of the aspects o socialism, is to make the haves and the have-nots more equal.
    Yes and Marx describes socialism (Remember? That is what we are discussing) as being the proletariat(working class) controlling the means of productions and resources. Do you not understand this simple little fact yet? Under this standard ( a word which you seem to like quite a bit) the military is most surely a socialist organization.

    In the military, a standard is set and you meet that standard, or you're out. Do socialist governments kick people out because they failed to meet the standard?
    Yes. It is called political dissidence. Examples of it include Russian gulags, Cuban political dissidents and North Korean death camps. These are all examples of individuals within a 'socialist government' getting 'kicked out' of the system because they fail to meet the standard set by a socialist government. But what does that have to do with 'socialism'? Governments 'kicking people out' do not define a socialist government or group anymore than wearing red does.

    You're the one claiming to be superiror.
    Really? Show where I made this 'claim'. I bet you can't.

    For you to expect have any credibility, you must have some experience with the miltiary. Otherwise, you're talking about something you have no knowledge of.

    I claimed to be an expert on Socialism.
    Here I'll show you what an appeal to authority fallacy is:

    Fallacy: Appeal to Authority

    Description of Appeal to Authority

    An Appeal to Authority is a fallacy with the following form:

    1. Person A is (claimed to be) an authority on subject S.
    2. Person A makes claim C about subject S.
    3. Therefore, C is true.

    This fallacy is committed when the person in question is not a legitimate authority on the subject. More formally, if person A is not qualified to make reliable claims in subject S, then the argument will be fallacious.
    In this case you would be person A. In this case you are making an argument which claims to be true because of your service in the military. The problem with you is that you have demonstrated(and this can be verified with evidence) that you have not a single clue what socialism is. YET you still claim that you know the military isn't run much in the same way a socialist society would be. Do you really want to play this authority game?
    Last edited by Hatuey; 12-17-09 at 07:12 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #100
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Top Economic Adviser: ‘Of Course’ Recession Isn’t Over

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Can you take a vacation from Socialism the way you can the service?
    Yes. They are called 'vacaciones' in Cuba. Not sure how to spell it in Korean or Russian.

    Can you go, "off duty" in a socialist society and do anything you want the way you can in the service?
    Not sure what you mean by this or 'do anything you want'. What does even have to do with socialism? Nothing? Oh alright.

    Can you decide that you don't like living under Socialism and ETS the way you can in the service?
    Yes. And then there are consequences. Much like in the military you simply can't quit whenever you want.

    While the military may exhibit some characterics that may in one's opinion be considered, "socialist"; however, stateing that the military is Socialism, as a fact, is erroneous.
    You've already proven you do not know what socialism actually is or how socialist countries operate. I mean you've brought up red herrings about vacations like the only people to ever think a vacation was a good idea were Western capitalists. Seriously. It makes you look completely ignorant on the subject. Why continue?

    A correction:

    I claimed to be an expert on Socialism.
    This:

    I never claimed to be an expert on Socialism
    Should read:
    Oh Freud.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 12-17-09 at 07:11 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •