Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 628

Thread: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    20 posts on this thread

    and he doesn't have time

    LOL!

    i hope that doesn't bother my new friend

    maybe it's the ONE TRIL PER YEAR that's getting under your skin

    that'd be THE NY TIMES

    i hardly think i factor

    i wonder what john maynard said about that---ONE TRIL PER YEAR

  2. #52
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    So then you want to talk about loans? So when government borrows all of this money, what happens to the private company's ability to get a loan?
    Private companies aren't taking out loans much in a recession because they aren't expanding. If they were, we wouldn't need the government to do it.

  3. #53
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    20 posts on this thread

    and he doesn't have time
    You would need way more than 20, dude. Sorry. Just follow along with the thread instead.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    We're not talking about Reagan and Bush's tax cuts here.

    The problem with Keynes is that it should involve tax increases and spending cuts in good times, but somehow that never quite happens. I'm not a hardcore Keynesian and that's partly why, but at least I understand the damn theory and don't go around making wild goofy comments about it based on nothing more than ignorance, like some people here. This is just like the whole 14th amendment thing all over again. I don't mind people disagreeing, but damn, don't insist you're right based on what you don't know.


    The irony is killing me. You continue to assume you're right, and spew talking points without backing up what you say, JUST LIKE that 14th amendment thing, you're right.

  5. #55
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    You would need way more than 20, dude. Sorry. Just follow along with the thread instead.
    tell it to keynes

    or the times

    or recovery.gov

  6. #56
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    The irony is killing me. You continue to assume you're right, and spew talking points without backing up what you say, JUST LIKE that 14th amendment thing, you're right.
    I'm assuming I'm right? The horror!

    Of course I do. Doesn't everyone? That's the definition of having an opinion.

    Sure, I could be wrong. I'm happy to acknowledge that. Happy now? Can we get back to business?

    As for talking points, I'm talking, and making points. Get over it. Peope are asking questions, I'm giving answers. Straight, clear, honest answers btw.

    Backing up what I say? You want a friggin' link to an economics textbook?

    It's just a conversation. Get over yourself.

    I fail to see how my posts are any different from anyone else's here, except for the fact that mine tend to have more substance and less empty mocking.
    Last edited by misterman; 12-09-09 at 01:05 AM.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    I'm assuming I'm right? The horror!

    Of course I do. Doesn't everyone? That's the definition of having an opinion.
    No that's called having one's head up their ass.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Sure, I could be wrong. I'm happy to acknowledge that. Happy now? Can we get back to business?
    Well this is a refreshing change for you, but will you follow through? You've got some acknowledging to do if this is the case, you could start by acknowledging you are incorrect (at least meet halfway and admit partial incorrectness) in your 14th amendment argument about holiday ornaments.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    As for talking points, I'm talking, and making points. Get over it. Peope are asking questions, I'm giving answers. Straight, clear, honest answers btw.
    Talking points = no substance. Especially when you do it. Me personally, you've only given me one or two links over the course of the many in depth discussions we've had and all you do is seem to assume you are correct and all dissenters are wrong because they simply "Just don't get it".

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Backing up what I say? You want a friggin' link to an economics textbook?
    Using more than talking points would be nice. Give me some credible links, or literature that I can access to verify what you're saying is truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    It's just a conversation. Get over yourself.
    It's just a forum on the internet, get over yourself. You show signs of someone who lacks control in their life and must therefore project control or superiority online. I wouldn't be surprised if you suffered from some sort of inferiority complex and you come here, to the interwebs, to overcompensate, knowing that here you have a sort of "prestige" and people might listen to you.

  8. #58
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Private companies aren't taking out loans much in a recession because they aren't expanding. If they were, we wouldn't need the government to do it.
    So you're telling me that no private companies are expanding right? Interesting. See my oil stocks are doing pretty well, as did Ford and some fast food stocks that I was interested in. No companies are expanding? You have it wrong there. A recession is a little more complicated than that.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    The government, in it's entire history, has never created wealth. All they have the ability to do is take money from one location and move it to another. Nothing the gov't does is "for profit." They have never operated in the black, always in the red. The post office has long been a disaster, even mentioned by BHO himself, Amtrak earned the name "Am not on track" because of numerous derailments, medicare and medicaid are being threatened as we speak. Nothing the gov't has done has been a success besides the military. And that's not because its profitable of course but because they spent more money on it than any other nation they actually have decent equipment for SOME of the military.

    And before you even think it, the IRS does not make a profit. It takes people's money through threat of force. That is not a legitimate business.

    Again, the gov't has never, and will never, create wealth. All they are is a money moving machine. They can take it from one place and move it to another, they can borrow it, but they can never legitimately CREATE it.
    Last edited by dontworrybehappy; 12-09-09 at 01:35 AM.

  10. #60
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    The government, in it's entire history, has never created wealth.
    Oh they can create wealth, but I dare anyone to find a case of the wealth created being greater than the investment.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •