Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 628

Thread: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

  1. #421
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Liquidity isn't always profit. However, profit is always liquidity. Welcome to the real world, little girl.
    Wrong again!

    (This thread should be retitled how many times can Apdst be wrong?)

    Profit is not always liquid. If I trade my barrel which I paid $5 for for a bike that was worth $15, I have made a profit of $10. Is my bike a liquid asset? Not really. If I exchange for an item that does not have a readily available market, can I easily turn that item into cash?

    Furthermore, if you have a deferred exchange, you still have profit because of the commitment between the parties. But you do not have liquid assets.

    If I trade something for an annuity in which's value exceeds my item, I have made a profit. But it's annuity and therefore not a liquid asset.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #422
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It does matter where it comes from. Ifit comes from typical revenue, then it still has to deduct expenses, therefore is gross revenue. If it comes from sideline items, such as my case equipment rental vs. line haul, then there are no expenses that have to be deducted, other than taxes.
    And how does that matter to liquidity?

    oh wait. It doesn't. You are wrong.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #423
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Wrong again!

    (This thread should be retitled how many times can Apdst be wrong?)

    Profit is not always liquid. If I trade my barrel which I paid $5 for for a bike that was worth $15, I have made a profit of $10. Is my bike a liquid asset? Not really. If I exchange for an item that does not have a readily available market, can I easily turn that item into cash?

    Furthermore, if you have a deferred exchange, you still have profit because of the commitment between the parties. But you do not have liquid assets.

    If I trade something for an annuity in which's value exceeds my item, I have made a profit. But it's annuity and therefore not a liquid asset.
    Actually, it should be retitled, "how many times can OC spew insults, and never back up a single ****ing thing".

    Why haven't you been banned yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #424
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Actually, it should be retitled, "how many times can OC spew insults, and never back up a single ****ing thing".

    Why haven't you been banned yet?
    Getting angry at me because you are constantly wrong about everything is hardly a justification for me to get banned.

    1) You are wrong about not being able to pay taxes with equity
    2) You are wrong that government cannot create wealth
    3) You are wrong in arguing Redress's statement is not supply side economics
    4) You are wrong that liquidity is defined as profit
    5) You are wrong that profits are always liquid
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #425
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Getting angry at me because you are constantly wrong about everything is hardly a justification for me to get banned.

    1) You are wrong about not being able to pay taxes with equity
    2) You are wrong that government cannot create wealth
    3) You are wrong in arguing Redress's statement is not supply side economics
    4) You are wrong that liquidity is defined as profit
    5) You are wrong that profits are always liquid
    Pay taxes with equity? What ****ing la-la land do you live in?!? I mean, no ****!

    That's even more stupid than the crap that misterman and Goldenboy have posted on this thread. Geeeeez!!!!!!

    I want you to show me that in the tax code. Don't come back till you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #426
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Pay taxes with equity? What ****ing la-la land do you live in?!? I mean, no ****!
    Home Equity Loans | Current Home Equity Loan Rates

    Seriously.

    That's even more stupid than the crap that misterman and Goldenboy have posted on this thread. Geeeeez!!!!!!
    You mean the two people you have yet to refute? Got it.

    I want you to show me that in the tax code. Don't come back till you can.
    Show what in the tax code?

    You're not that special that Congress will write "Adpst is wrong" into the tax code.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #427
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Home Equity Loans | Current Home Equity Loan Rates

    Seriously.



    You mean the two people you have yet to refute? Got it.



    Show what in the tax code?

    You're not that special that Congress will write "Adpst is wrong" into the tax code.
    Show us where equity can be used to pay taxes, don't come back till you have it, unless you want your little ass spanked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #428
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Show us where equity can be used to pay taxes, don't come back till you have it, unless you want your little ass spanked.
    Still haven't figured out what a home equity loan is have you?

    Imagine. I get a loan based on the equity of my house. I then use the loan proceeds to buy a Carrera, a boat, a pony and pay my taxes. I have effectively leveraged and converted the equity in my house into cash which, among other things, was used to pay taxes. Thus, I have used equity to pay taxes. Adpst, wrong as usual since June 2009!
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #429
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Still haven't figured out what a home equity loan is have you?

    Imagine. I get a loan based on the equity of my house. I then use the loan proceeds to buy a Carrera, a boat, a pony and pay my taxes. I have effectively leveraged and converted the equity in my house into cash which, among other things, was used to pay taxes. Thus, I have used equity to pay taxes. Adpst, wrong as usual since June 2009!
    I know exactly what a home equity loan is and it has nothing to do ith paying taxes. So, take this oppurtunity to show us where equity can be used to pay taxes. We'll all be awaiting with eager patience, because we ALL want to know how to do ths ****...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #430
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Have you ever owned property?

    Liquidity has everything to do with it. Typically, liquidity is called, "profit", and is everything!
    Hmmm. I've run my own business too, and of course like everyone else I use basic financial and accounting principles to run my household. But hey, just to be sure, I looked up liquidity and found this:

    liquidity
    A large position in cash or in assets that are easily convertible to cash. High liquidity produces flexibility for a firm or an investor in a low-risk position, but it also tends to decrease profitability.

    But if you want to call that "profit," nobody can stop you.

    But this thread is off track. You still have yet to explain why government can't create wealth, at least by spending money.

Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •