Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 628

Thread: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

  1. #411
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's only a transfer of wealth if that increase in salary was created by a government entitlement. Otherwise, I've earned more money because either my company can afford to pay me more, because they are making more profit, or because I made them more money and they are cutting me in on their profit increase.
    You just cited an example proving you wrong.

    When you're going to get a loan, or you're selling out, yeah paper gains are great. If you're paying taxes on those gains, then they suck ass. That's why some wonderful person invented, "depreciation". Depreciation is our friend...
    So you think that paper gains aren't gains? Why do people measure their wealth that includes paper gains then?

    We're talking about property taxes, not loans. You know the difference, yes?
    Except you are still wrong. Still don't know what a home equity loan is do you? You wrongly claimed that you can't pay taxes with equity. Except that a home equity loan lets you do exactly that.

    You are wrong as usual.

    I find it trully amazing that some Libbos would bring in tax cuts to counter my argument.
    You are the liberal. Aside from that fact, you said that Redress's argument which was nothing more then supply side economics didn't work in reality.

    Redress stated: "One way to do this is to increase the tax base. Adding improvements that increase property values would then increase the income from property taxes. Every one wins. The government brings in more money, people have more money, and wealth is created."

    To which you replied: "What dream world do you live in? Seriously?"

    What Redress stated was expansion of the tax base to increase revenue without raising taxes.....which is the premise of supply side economics. And you called that a "dream world."
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #412
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Liquidity has everything to do with it. Typically, liquidity is called, "profit", and is everything!
    That is uber-fail.

    Liquidity is never profit. Liquidity is the ease at which an asset can be used as cash in arm's length transactions. That is not the definition and has never been the definition of profit. Firms can be highly profitable and highly illiquid. Firms can also be highly liquid and highly unprofitable. Liquidity and profit are two somewhat unrelated concepts.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #413
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Does it have anything to do with this thread?
    Of course it does, because it will speak to your level of experience in the real world.

    I'll go first: I've been operating my own business for 11 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #414
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    That is uber-fail.

    Liquidity is never profit. Liquidity is the ease at which an asset can be used as cash in arm's length transactions. That is not the definition and has never been the definition of profit. Firms can be highly profitable and highly illiquid. Firms can also be highly liquid and highly unprofitable. Liquidity and profit are two somewhat unrelated concepts.
    What grade are you in? Because obviously, you're still in high school and have zero experience in the real business world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #415
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Are you so goddamned stupid to think that profit can't quickly converted to cash therefore making it liquidity?

    You better keep your union job, because you won't make it out there in the real world, sister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #416
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What grade are you in? Because obviously, you're still in high school and have zero experience in the real business world.
    lol. Trying to cover up your uber-fail?

    Tell me, if firm A has $500 million in liquid assets, but only has $5 million at work making 5% with total costs of $100,000 for a net profit of $125,000, is that $500 million called "profit" or is the $125,000 called profit?

    In another case, if a firm made $500 million with costs of $250 million, but had AP and AR schedules that resulted in money only being liquid for about a day, is the on average daily amount that is liquid called profit or the $250 million?

    I know you are lying about running your own business.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #417
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    lol. Trying to cover up your uber-fail?

    Tell me, if firm A has $500 million in liquid assets, but only has $5 million at work making 5% with total costs of $100,000 for a net profit of $125,000, is that $500 million called "profit" or is the $125,000 called profit?

    In another case, if a firm made $500 million with costs of $250 million, but had AP and AR schedules that resulted in money only being liquid for about a day, is the on average daily amount that is liquid called profit or the $250 million?

    I know you are lying about running your own business.
    Depends on where it all came from. Where did the money come from? And, is that liquidity before, or after expenses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #418
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are you so goddamned stupid to think that profit can't quickly converted to cash therefore making it liquidity?
    Profit is generally in some kind of cash form, digital or physical barring barter exchange. But liquidity is not profit. Microsoft has somewhere between $40 and $50 million sitting in cookie jar accounts for earnings smoothing. That's highly liquid. Is that reported as profit?

    Depends on where it all came from. Where did the money come from? And, is that liquidity before, or after expenses?
    What the hell? It does not matter where it all came from. Liquidity is a concept applied to assets' ability to emulate cash. It is unrelated to the concept of profit!

    Under your asinine definition of "profit = liquidity" partnership money contributions are profit because they are highly liquid.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 12-13-09 at 10:24 PM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #419
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Profit is generally in some kind of cash form, digital or physical barring barter exchange. But liquidity is not profit. Microsoft has somewhere between $40 and $50 million sitting in cookie jar accounts for earnings smoothing. That's highly liquid. Is that reported as profit?
    Liquidity isn't always profit. However, profit is always liquidity. Welcome to the real world, little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #420
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: LA Times: Obama stimulus spending: $246,436 per new job

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    What the hell? It does not matter where it all came from. Liquidity is a concept applied to assets' ability to emulate cash. It is unrelated to the concept of profit!

    Under your asinine definition of "profit = liquidity" partnership money contributions are profit because they are highly liquid.

    It does matter where it comes from. Ifit comes from typical revenue, then it still has to deduct expenses, therefore is gross revenue. If it comes from sideline items, such as my case equipment rental vs. line haul, then there are no expenses that have to be deducted, other than taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •