Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 78

Thread: Palin says Obama should boycott Copenhagen over hacked e-mails

  1. #61
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Palin says Obama should boycott Copenhagen over hacked e-mails

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I was directly on topic using an illustration to rebutt a point made during the course of discussing the topic.


    Freudian slip?

  2. #62
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Palin says Obama should boycott Copenhagen over hacked e-mails

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Ummm, because it's Israel...homeland of the Jews? And it's what they've been doing since Israel was founded.

    Just a guess.


    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Uhhhhhhh....... it's Sunday, and that's where they live?
    What does Sunday have to do with being Jewish? And, 'they' live everywhere .... however, she said the Jews would be gathering in Israel in the weeks and months ahead in response to a question about continuing building settlements.

    Sarah Palin says she disagrees with the Obama administration's demand that Israel halt settlement construction, although her reason for that opinion is puzzling (or at the least demonstrates she's not familiar with the term "natural growth" that much of the debate has revolved around). She tells Barbara Walters that she disagrees with the White House because all the Jews moving to Israel need a place to live. From ABC News:

    I disagree with the Obama administration on that," Palin told Walters. "I believe that the Jewish settlements should be allowed to be expanded upon, because that population of Israel is, is going to grow. More and more Jewish people will be flocking to Israel in the days and weeks and months ahead. And I don't think that the Obama administration has any right to tell Israel that the Jewish settlements cannot expand.

    J Street responded by releasing a lengthy statement which condemned Palin's comments and accused her of pandering and ignorance. An excerpt:

    J Street rejects Sarah Palin’s comments attacking President Obama’s sensible policy on Israeli settlements in the West Bank yesterday during an ABC News interview with Barbara Walters.

    Palin’s pandering to her right-wing base comes at the expense of the security of the State of Israel, the lives of those actually living the conflict, and the fundamental American interest in achieving a two-state solution in the near term. Her words reveal a glaring ignorance of damaging facts and a callous disregard of past and present U.S. policy.


    Palin on settlements: Jews ‘flocking’ to Israel need a place to live | Capital J | JTA - Jewish & Israel News
    Last edited by jackalope; 12-10-09 at 10:17 PM.

  3. #63
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Palin says Obama should boycott Copenhagen over hacked e-mails

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Got it.....I apologize then.

    However, should Palin also decry some of the more extreme teachings of evangelicals?

    Why? She's not a theologian. She's not responsible for decrying other people's religious beliefs.

  4. #64
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Palin says Obama should boycott Copenhagen over hacked e-mails

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I don't see any evidence she is an Evangelical. I see evidence she has attended a few Evangelical churches.

    Just like there was no evidence Obama was a "black liberation" theology adherent. He just attended a black liberation theology church.

    Palin attended evangelical churches for decades. Why is it wrong to call her an evangelical? Unlike the Catholic Church, where you actually have to be baptised a Catholic, I'm not aware of anything similar in Protestant churches. You are baptized a Christian, and you 'are' whatever denomination you choose to worship as.


    I don't understand why Palin would choose to attend a Pentecostal church if she wasn't Pentecostal, though?







    And, btw, Barack Obama's church was a mainline protestant church. You, as a Catholic, are not responsible for the rantings of a Catholic priest (and they are legion), neither is Barack Obama responsible for the rantings of Rev Wright.

  5. #65
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Palin says Obama should boycott Copenhagen over hacked e-mails

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    neither is Barack Obama responsible for the rantings of Rev Wright.
    Which means he SHOULD'VE been responsible and walked out
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  6. #66
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Palin says Obama should boycott Copenhagen over hacked e-mails

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    Which means he SHOULD'VE been responsible and walked out

    If you say so. I never understood the whole 'church shopping' debate. But, I grew up Catholic - you went to the Catholic Church in town, regardless of how bat**** crazy the priests were (and some of them were very crazy). The Lutheran, or Episcopalian Churches, or any of the others were just not an option.

  7. #67
    Borg Commander roderic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Thailand
    Last Seen
    04-18-12 @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    879

    Re: Palin says Obama should boycott Copenhagen over hacked e-mails

    Forunately, Palin is not in any position to influence US foreign policies, but unforunately, her ignorant blathering is given a lot of attention.

  8. #68
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: Palin says Obama should boycott Copenhagen over hacked e-mails

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    One year ago Cheney was sitting at 13% now it's 39%....He's picking up alot of steam for 2012.
    LOL.....Palin/Cheney 2012!...now THAT's funny!
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #69
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: Palin says Obama should boycott Copenhagen over hacked e-mails

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I was directly on topic using an illustration to rebutt a point made during the course of discussing the topic.

    You, however, keep mindlessly trolling this thread looking for some vindication for your trolling through discussing me.

    Your meltdown continues.

    Ok...Jall...you really need to get rid of those Hello Kitty's....they're creeping me out a little.

    You need to find a little picture of Stich!.....
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #70
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverOprah
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,543

    Re: Palin says Obama should boycott Copenhagen over hacked e-mails

    Quote Originally Posted by roderic View Post
    Forunately, Palin is not in any position to influence US foreign policies, but unforunately, her ignorant blathering is given a lot of attention.
    It's a good thing yours isn't.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •