Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 162

Thread: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Yes, I do.

    In fact, I think all people who claim homosexuality is a choice should be required to prove it by trying it at least once.
    Well since it's your idea, I suggest you be the one of the test subjects. >:D

    Bend over Mister, here comes my choice...

  2. #132
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    ok, whether, or not Jenkins got full custody is irrelevant. Either way, ful custody, or just visitation, I haven't seen anything that would cause me to believe that Jenkins has any rights as far as this kid is concerned.

    That being the case, I'm convinced that the Ver,ont decision is motivated trictly by politics rather than the law, or common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #133
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    ok, whether, or not Jenkins got full custody is irrelevant. Either way, ful custody, or just visitation, I haven't seen anything that would cause me to believe that Jenkins has any rights as far as this kid is concerned.

    That being the case, I'm convinced that the Ver,ont decision is motivated trictly by politics rather than the law, or common sense.
    So because you disagree with the decision of multiple judges over two states(yes, it's true, read the source material), it must be politics? Brilliant!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #134
    Student MsRetro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    01-24-10 @ 07:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    279

    Re: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    ok, whether, or not Jenkins got full custody is irrelevant. Either way, ful custody, or just visitation, I haven't seen anything that would cause me to believe that Jenkins has any rights as far as this kid is concerned.

    That being the case, I'm convinced that the Ver,ont decision is motivated trictly by politics rather than the law, or common sense.
    In many states, if you are married to the mother, you are the child's legal parent. And hey, here it is in Vermont's law:

    There is a presumption that a child born to a married woman is the child of the husband.
    In civil unions in Vermont, Jenkin gets all the same rights as a father would in this case:

    # Laws regarding child custody and support. The rights of parties to a civil union, with respect to a child who either has become a natural parent to during the term of the civil union, shall be the same as those of a married couple, with respect to a child who either spouse has become the natural parent to during the marriage.
    So, there's your legal basis.

    Source

    This is just another run-of-the-mill custody battle, and should be treated as such. Nothing to see here.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

    Quote Originally Posted by MsRetro View Post
    In many states, if you are married to the mother, you are the child's legal parent. And hey, here it is in Vermont's law:



    In civil unions in Vermont, Jenkin gets all the same rights as a father would in this case:



    So, there's your legal basis.

    Source

    This is just another run-of-the-mill custody battle, and should be treated as such. Nothing to see here.
    There is nothing to see here which is exactly why opinions and beliefs create phantoms to fill the void. They want...no they NEED...some sort of controversial substance here.

  6. #136
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So because you disagree with the decision of multiple judges over two states(yes, it's true, read the source material), it must be politics? Brilliant!
    No, I said that I see no grounds to justify giving Jenkins custody of the kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #137
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

    Quote Originally Posted by MsRetro View Post
    In many states, if you are married to the mother, you are the child's legal parent. And hey, here it is in Vermont's law:
    But, when you consider that Jenkins isn't a biological parent and I haven't seen where she's paid any child support, I disagree that that is grounds enough to give her full custody.



    In civil unions in Vermont, Jenkin gets all the same rights as a father would in this case
    The odds of a hetero male getting the same court decision, under the same circumstances would be slim and none.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #138
    Student MsRetro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    01-24-10 @ 07:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    279

    Re: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, when you consider that Jenkins isn't a biological parent and I haven't seen where she's paid any child support, I disagree that that is grounds enough to give her full custody.
    And I don't see where she didn't. Support is not referenced once in the article. Do you have another source on this, maybe?


    The odds of a hetero male getting the same court decision, under the same circumstances would be slim and none.
    You're probably right. But, all that demonstrates is that women have, historically, benefited from bias in custody battles. I don't see the relevance here.

  9. #139
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

    Quote Originally Posted by MsRetro View Post
    And I don't see where she didn't. Support is not referenced once in the article. Do you have another source on this, maybe?
    I don't kow if she did, or not. So far, I've yet to see anything confirming that, either way.




    You're probably right. But, all that demonstrates is that women have, historically, benefited from bias in custody battles. I don't see the relevance here.
    The biological mother often benefits. IMO, what we have here is a very Liberal judge--which isn't hard to believe in Vermont--has allowed his politics influence his legal decision.

    I would love to see what percentage of the gay vote he got in the last election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #140
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The biological mother often benefits. IMO, what we have here is a very Liberal judge--which isn't hard to believe in Vermont--has allowed his politics influence his legal decision.

    I would love to see what percentage of the gay vote he got in the last election.
    What a stupid comment. You have had repeatedly pointed out to you that it was not "A" judge, but more than one, and in more than one state. You have presented no evidence of any impropriety by the judge, or any legal question to the ruling, and yet you assume it's political, which no evidence. The problem is not with the judgment, the problem is with you, yourself trying to make it political.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •