Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 162

Thread: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

  1. #111
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,561

    Re: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Gotta link showing such? The article says she got custody.
    Yes. I posted it way back on page 3.

    October 26, 2008 (LifeSiteNews.com) - When Lisa Miller repudiated the lesbian lifestyle in 2003 and turned to Jesus Christ as her savior, she believed that she and her daughter Isabella would be safe from her traumatic and confused past. However, her former partner Janet Jenkins, to whom she was joined in a “civil union,” was not willing to let go without a fight. Jenkins sued and successfully received the right to unsupervised visits with Isabella, some lasting for weeks, despite the fact that she has no biological or adoptive relationship with the child.
    Last edited by Dittohead not!; 12-16-09 at 11:54 PM.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #112
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Whether you can change that preference is debatable. I do not believe that most people can choose to change it.
    It's crazy to even think someone could change their preference. You can't change what you like or dislike. You just like it or dislike it. Besides, who the hell would choose to be gay? How does one turn oneself gay? Why would you want to?

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    It's crazy to even think someone could change their preference.
    Oh come off it. You can change, sometimes not on purpose, almost any preference you have. From favorite foods to your preferred choice of car, these things can be changed, and often do change. No exceptions in the Sexual Preference arena. I know I'm not turned on by the same things I was 10, 5, and even 2 years ago. And now I'm into things that would previously made me just gag or go "WTF?!?!"

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    You can't change what you like or dislike. You just like it or dislike it.
    I used to dislike asparagus, Now I love that ****. Can't get enough of it. Even in temporary cases, for example if you get hungry enough, or desperate enough in terms of sex, you'll do almost anything to feed those needs, even if you normally wouldn't like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Besides, who the hell would choose to be gay? How does one turn oneself gay? Why would you want to?
    Someone who likes the body parts of their gender beyond their own, someone who gets off on similar gender sex, etc. One turns oneself 'homosexual' by practicing homosexuality, or at least bisexuality, and enjoying it. Sometimes might start as as not enjoying it, or doing it while drunk, and then with the interest piqued they go for it. Don't you have any homosexual friends?


    Wait...were you being sarcastic? Awww ****, I think I just got troll'd. Good one, Misterman!

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    Not in Virginia.

    And why do you oppose civil unions?
    Because Rick Warren told him to and he doesn't want to hurt his feelings.

  5. #115
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Oh come off it. You can change, sometimes not on purpose, almost any preference you have. From favorite foods to your preferred choice of car, these things can be changed, and often do change. No exceptions in the Sexual Preference arena. I know I'm not turned on by the same things I was 10, 5, and even 2 years ago. And now I'm into things that would previously made me just gag or go "WTF?!?!"
    Let me quote our resident expert and mental health worker on this subject:

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You do not understand the difference between homosexual behavior and homosexual orientation, or why someone would "stay in the closet for 40 years." Nothing in your post demonstrated any understanding of this issue at all. Sexual orienation is not something that is changed. Sexual behavior can be.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #116
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

    Please read all the way to the end before responding.

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Oh come off it. You can change, sometimes not on purpose, almost any preference you have. From favorite foods to your preferred choice of car, these things can be changed, and often do change. No exceptions in the Sexual Preference arena. I know I'm not turned on by the same things I was 10, 5, and even 2 years ago. And now I'm into things that would previously made me just gag or go "WTF?!?!"
    So presuming you are hetero - could you decide to be gay? Could you decide to fall in love and have sex with other men?

    And why would you?

    And it's one thing to say preferences can change, it's quite another to say you can DELIBERATELY change them, in other words, choose to like something. Come on.

    I used to dislike asparagus, Now I love that ****. Can't get enough of it. Even in temporary cases, for example if you get hungry enough, or desperate enough in terms of sex, you'll do almost anything to feed those needs, even if you normally wouldn't like it.
    So you could choose to be gay? To like having sex with men and no longer like sex with women?

    Someone who likes the body parts of their gender beyond their own, someone who gets off on similar gender sex, etc. One turns oneself 'homosexual' by practicing homosexuality, or at least bisexuality, and enjoying it. Sometimes might start as as not enjoying it, or doing it while drunk, and then with the interest piqued they go for it. Don't you have any homosexual friends?
    Even if you accept this ridiculous premise, why would anyone choose that? Why would someone wake up in the morning and say "gee, I like girls due to my natural biological urges, but I think I'll give that up and try to be gay instead. I could get sexual pleasure from girls just fine, and being gay will make my life so much harder, but you have to try new things in life."

    I think you're being completely sarcastic too - but the sad thing is, you sound so real! So consider this a response to those who really do think like this.
    Last edited by misterman; 12-17-09 at 10:23 AM.

  7. #117
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Let me quote our resident expert and mental health worker on this subject:
    "Sexual orienation is not something that is changed. Sexual behavior can be."

    ...which brings us to the next question - why does it matter?

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    So presuming you are hetero - could you decide to be gay? Could you decide to fall in love and have sex with other men?
    I know hetero guys and gals, some even in high school, who have made the switch. Some switch back, and some swing both ways.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    And why would you?
    It gets your rocks off. Duh.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    And it's one thing to say preferences can change, it's quite another to say you can DELIBERATELY change them, in other words, choose to like something. Come on.
    I say this because you can learn to like new things, and if you really wanted to, for whatever reason, I'd say that it's possible to ease yourself into a new habit or preference that before you thought disgusting or not enjoyable.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    So you could choose to be gay? To like having sex with men and no longer like sex with women?
    Whatever gets you off, you do. Don't think just about homosexuality, look at the broad scope of sexual fetishes and enjoyments. They come (no pun intended) and go. People get into new stuff with their partners that they think they might not like, then they find they really like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Even if you accept this ridiculous premise, why would anyone choose that? Why would someone wake up in the morning and say "gee, I like girls due to my natural biological urges, but I think I'll give that up and try to be gay instead. I could get sexual pleasure from girls just fine, and being gay will make my life so much harder, but you have to try new things in life."
    (See Above)


    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    I think you're being completely sarcastic too - but the sad thing is, you sound so real! So consider this a response to those who really do think like this.
    Why so serious?

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Let me quote our resident expert and mental health worker on this subject:
    ok, now when you put it as Sexual Orientation vs Sexual Behavior I can see that...but doesn't Sexual Orientation have an effect on Sexual Behavior, and wouldn't Sexual Behavior sort of define Sexual Orientation?

  10. #120
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Lesbian awarded custody of Christian's only child

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    I know hetero guys and gals, some even in high school, who have made the switch. Some switch back, and some swing both ways.
    Could you switch to being gay? If so, why haven't you tried it?

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •