Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 529

Thread: Breaking: Obama’s “Safe Schools Czar” Is Promoting Child Porn in the Classroom

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Breaking: Obama’s “Safe Schools Czar” Is Promoting Child Porn in the Classroom

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I hear that things like that turn kids gay.
    Hey I represent that comment.

  2. #12
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Breaking: Obama’s “Safe Schools Czar” Is Promoting Child Porn in the Classroom

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Hey I represent that comment.
    We need to be protected from your type. You are so scary.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Breaking: Obama’s “Safe Schools Czar” Is Promoting Child Porn in the Classroom

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    No it's not.

    You're thinking of Sinclair's "The Jungle".
    Oh thanks, I haven't read the book in ages.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Talking Re: Breaking: Obama’s “Safe Schools Czar” Is Promoting Child Porn in the Classroom

    Children do play sex games with eachother, I played sex games when I was a little kid. Why censor the fact? It's a part of life.

    Where was advocating adult-child sexual relations present. That would definitely bother me though.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the land of steers and queers
    Last Seen
    06-03-10 @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,563

    Re: Breaking: Obama’s “Safe Schools Czar” Is Promoting Child Porn in the Classroom

    Anti-gay right advances new smear that DOE official Jennings promoting "Child Porn in the Classroom"


    Conservative blogs have claimed that Department of Education official Kevin Jennings is unfit as "Safe Schools Czar" because he supposedly promoted "child porn" by allowing an education organization he founded to recommend for students in grades 7-12 books that included sexually explicit content. The organization, however, specifically stated on its book list website that "some titles for adolescent readers contain mature themes" and recommended that "adults selecting books for youth review content for suitability"; further, schools regularly teach books that contain sexually explicit material.

    Anti-gay right advances new smear that DOE official Jennings promoting "Child Porn in the Classroom" | Media Matters for America

  6. #16
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: Breaking: Obama’s “Safe Schools Czar” Is Promoting Child Porn in the Classroom

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Um_ From that website some of the books were

    Catcher in the Rye, JD Salinger.

    The Color Purple, Alice Walker.

    Beloved, Toni Morrison.

    Lord of the Flies, William Golding.

    Of Mice and Men, John Steinbeck.

    Brave New World, Aldous Huxley.

    As I Lay Dying, William Faulkner.

    Their Eyes were Watching God, Zora Neale Hurston.

    Song of Solomon, Toni Morrison

    Native Son, Richard Wright

    One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Ken Kesey.

    Slaughterhouse Five, Kurt Vonnegut.



    Non of these are Homosexual porn, I have read a lot of these books. They teach our kids about different things. Slaughterhouse five is about the slaughter house reformations in safety. Please read some of the books before you judge them. Oh and these are the high school books not kid books.
    The lesson that I ot from Of Mice and Men was that if you have a friend that is access baggage, you kill him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #17
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: Breaking: Obama’s “Safe Schools Czar” Is Promoting Child Porn in the Classroom

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Children do play sex games with eachother, I played sex games when I was a little kid. Why censor the fact? It's a part of life.

    Where was advocating adult-child sexual relations present. That would definitely bother me though.
    You're probably one of the first ones to complain about teeage pregnancy, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Breaking: Obama’s “Safe Schools Czar” Is Promoting Child Porn in the Classroom

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Um_ From that website some of the books were

    Catcher in the Rye, JD Salinger.

    The Color Purple, Alice Walker.

    Beloved, Toni Morrison.

    Lord of the Flies, William Golding.

    Of Mice and Men, John Steinbeck.

    Brave New World, Aldous Huxley.

    As I Lay Dying, William Faulkner.

    Their Eyes were Watching God, Zora Neale Hurston.

    Song of Solomon, Toni Morrison

    Native Son, Richard Wright

    One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Ken Kesey.

    Slaughterhouse Five, Kurt Vonnegut.



    Non of these are Homosexual porn, I have read a lot of these books. They teach our kids about different things. Slaughterhouse five is about the slaughter house reformations in safety. Please read some of the books before you judge them. Oh and these are the high school books not kid books.
    In the article some of the quotes from the book sound like porn to me.

  9. #19
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Breaking: Obama’s “Safe Schools Czar” Is Promoting Child Porn in the Classroom

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    In the article some of the quotes from the book sound like porn to me.
    You might want to stop listening to Lady Gaga. Too much of her music and you think anything is porn/sex reference.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #20
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Breaking: Obama’s “Safe Schools Czar” Is Promoting Child Porn in the Classroom

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    You might want to stop listening to Lady Gaga. Too much of her music and you think anything is porn/sex reference.
    No kidding. That ugly ass chick can make anything sound like porn. It's amazing.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •