Why I parted ways with Little Green Footballs
1. Calling everyone to the right of LGF "fascists," both in America (see: Pat Buchanan, Robert Stacy McCain, etc.) and in Europe (see: Vlaams Belang, BNP, SIOE, Pat Buchanan [He's European?], and 56 other microscopic splinter parties no one has ever heard of.)
2. Seeing bigotry, hatred and white supremacism in everything (see: Pat Buchanan, Ann Coulter, Robert Stacy McCain, occasional Fox News viewers, etc.)
3. Confusing pre-Roe legal arrangements with "the Dark Ages," and faith for "fanaticism" (see: Christians, anti-abortion groups, James Dobson, Pat Robertson, Tony Perkins, the entire religious right, etc.)
4. Support for anti-science bad craziness while pretending to be pro-science (see: creationism, climate change denialism, Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, James Inhofe, etc.). And writing phrases like "anti-science bad craziness."
5. Support for Christophobic bigotry (see: Sarah Palin, Dobson, the entire religious right, etc.)
6. Confusing political participation with anti-government lunacy (see: tea parties, protests, Fox News, Glenn Beck, etc.)
7. Support for conspiracy theories and hate speech while pretending to oppose them (see: Al Gore, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Birthers, creationists, climate deniers, etc.)
8. A blog that is almost universally dominated by raging hate speech and intolerance of dissent (unlike Hot Air, Ace of Spades, etc.)
9. Anti-Islamic bigotry that goes far beyond simply criticizing radical Islam, into support for fascism, violence, and genocide. And then deleting said posts after the fact (see: Little Green Footballs)
10. Lumping all disagreements with President Obama with racism, hate speech, and bizarre conspiracy theories (see: witch doctor pictures, tea parties, Birthers, Michelle Malkin, Fox News, World Net Daily, Newsmax, and every other right wing source)
And much, much more. Little Green Footballs has gone off the rails, into the bushes, and off the cliff.
And I won’t be sticking around for Charles Johnson's "Evening Cliff" photo. (Followed by three videos of some tedious jazzbo.)