Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 91

Thread: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip

  1. #41
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    we get a lot of brits here in season.....they're just cheap. ;-)
    We have a lot of East Indians around here. I'm sure the Brits can't touch them.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #42
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip

    my daughter makes a living in a fine dining establishment......a damn fine living. i guarantee she wouldn't want a living wage in place of tips.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #43
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    my daughter makes a living in a fine dining establishment......a damn fine living. i guarantee she wouldn't want a living wage in place of tips.
    Good servers can make as much as management. They earn it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #44
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Monroe View Post
    I have a friend who leaves a dollar tip regardless of the service. That's it. Plus, she asks for extra stuff all the time, like extra rolls, refills etc. She's a huge pest. When I'm with her, I pay the bill, and leave extra money under my plate. She's an embarrassment. But this is what happens when people work for tips.
    I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut if I had a friend that did this.

  5. #45
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut if I had a friend that did this.
    I used to manage a pizza place and we had this group of K-Mart women who would come in. They were all overweight middle-aged women. They would actually wear their K-Mart smocks into the place and then act like our servers were beneath them. There was one lady who would always pay last and sneak a tip to the server as she was embarrassed by the other classless bitches who refused to tip.

    Folks, it should be common sense, but I'll say it anyway. Don't be an ass to those who make your food.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip

    Quote Originally Posted by vauge View Post
    Is a "gratuity" required?

    I've always thought the extra added gratuity for groups of 6 or more are actually part of the bill and I *never* tip above that.

    LOL, they should have forced the bar to split the ticket....no we are not a 'party/group' we just want to sit together.


    More, plus a vid: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip | NBC Philadelphia

    What do you think?
    As we say in Trade: if it's mandatory it's a "fee", not a "tip".

    What a silly thing to refuse to pay.
    What a silly thing to call the cops over.

  7. #47
    Student
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-03-11 @ 03:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    174

    Re: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip

    I always thought TIPS meant "To Insure Prompt Service".

    I have family members who worked as waiters and waitresses over the years. I have seen just how badly customers can treat the people who are serving them. I have come to the conclusion that, in general, people just suck. So I try to go out of my way to be cheerful, easy going and undemanding when I am interacting with service personnel.

    I always leave a 20% tip as a base line. It goes up or down from there based on how attentive the person is, whether or not they actually get me what I ask for or remember who asked for what. It is very seldom that I leave a tip of less than 25%. It is usually a higher percentage since I seldom can afford really nice restaurants. Even though I am not well off, I believe that it is money well spent.

    If a waiter or waitress does an outstanding job, I always ask them to bring the manager over so I can explain what that person has done that was exceptional while I give that person their tip. Telling the manager about exceptional service is often worth more to the employee than the tip is. The look on the manager's face when they get positive feedback is really priceless. It seems most people complain, but seldom praise.

    On that note, some of the worst service I have ever received was at a fancy restaurant in La Jolla. The average meal there is at least $100 per person. After being kept waiting over an hour after my reservation time, being seated by the bathrooms and kitchen entrance where the smell of the scullery was overwhelming, I was treated to one of the most obnoxious, contemptuous bastards I have ever met in real life. (Yes, some online personalities have surpassed him, but not many.)

    This was the only time that I can remember not leaving a tip. Yes, the manager was kept informed as to why this was done.

  8. #48
    Puer Aeternus
    Tsunami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-08-16 @ 04:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,132

    Re: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I used to manage a pizza place and we had this group of K-Mart women who would come in. They were all overweight middle-aged women. They would actually wear their K-Mart smocks into the place and then act like our servers were beneath them. There was one lady who would always pay last and sneak a tip to the server as she was embarrassed by the other classless bitches who refused to tip.

    Folks, it should be common sense, but I'll say it anyway. Don't be an ass to those who make your food.
    See, you're in the restaurant business so I understand you having that point of view. But tipping is supposed to be voluntary. If these ladies work at K-Mart they probably make even less money than your waitresses do. If you think about it from their point of view, it doesn't make sense to give extra money to someone who may be better off than they are. Frankly I think it is pretty sad that tipping has become so expected that people get mad if they don't get one.
    Schadenfreude ist die schönste Freude.

  9. #49
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    See, you're in the restaurant business so I understand you having that point of view. But tipping is supposed to be voluntary. If these ladies work at K-Mart they probably make even less money than your waitresses do. If you think about it from their point of view, it doesn't make sense to give extra money to someone who may be better off than they are. Frankly I think it is pretty sad that tipping has become so expected that people get mad if they don't get one.
    If waitresses don't get tipped, they make less money than K-Mart ladies. I know they work a lot harder. They were a heckuva lot friendlier too.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Couple Busted for Refusing to Pay Tip

    Kmart should be banned and its workers sent to Siberia.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •