Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 222

Thread: Cop Tases 10-Year-Old Gir

  1. #141
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Cop Tases 10-Year-Old Gir

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    Physical combat with a 10 year old is more dangerous to both participants than using a taser was.
    Then why aren't parents handed out tasers when they have a child?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #142
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Cop Tases 10-Year-Old Gir

    Caine is a cop O_o

    Oh boy, alot of little kids are in trouble.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  3. #143
    Puer Aeternus
    Tsunami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-08-16 @ 04:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,132

    Re: Cop Tases 10-Year-Old Gir

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Then why aren't parents handed out tasers when they have a child?
    Maybe because most children don't have dangerous mood disorders?
    Schadenfreude ist die schönste Freude.

  4. #144
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Cop Tases 10-Year-Old Gir

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Caine is a cop O_o

    Oh boy, alot of little kids are in trouble.
    No they aren't, tasering is safe and effective with no side effects ever.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #145
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Cop Tases 10-Year-Old Gir

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    Maybe because most children don't have dangerous mood disorders?
    All kids will throw tantrums at some point though. So better to be safe than sorry, right? I mean, it's safer to all parties involved, right?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #146
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Cop Tases 10-Year-Old Gir

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    Physical combat with a 10 year old is more dangerous to both participants than using a taser was. This was using restraint.
    Listen to yourself. More accurately, read yourself.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  7. #147
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Cop Tases 10-Year-Old Gir

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Actually all this just brings into question your own physical strength and abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Your yet to show me your own proof that the guy would have recieved sustained injuries from a little girl had he have not used the gun.
    Burns are injuries which are very common in Tazering, something you dont consider an injury.



    No your argument is weakening thats all. Ad hom and i will report it next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Caine is a cop O_o

    Oh boy, alot of little kids are in trouble.
    Anyone see the Irony in this?



    Cry more......
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #148
    Puer Aeternus
    Tsunami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-08-16 @ 04:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,132

    Re: Cop Tases 10-Year-Old Gir

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    All kids will throw tantrums at some point though. So better to be safe than sorry, right? I mean, it's safer to all parties involved, right?
    A tantrum is different than a violent or suicidal fit. Why can't people accept that not everyone fits into your lovely image of the world? A similar situation happened in 2004 in Miami, they used a taser on a 6 year old who was threatening to cut himself open with a shard of glass. Police officers run into some unconventional situations sometimes, you shouldn't judge them from reading a 5 word headline and think you automatically know the situation. Some children are dangerous.
    Last edited by Tsunami; 11-24-09 at 10:07 PM.
    Schadenfreude ist die schönste Freude.

  9. #149
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Cop Tases 10-Year-Old Gir

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    I have my own...

    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #150
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Cop Tases 10-Year-Old Gir

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    A tantrum is different than a violent or suicidal fit. Why can't people accept that not everyone fits into your lovely image of the world? A similar situation happened in 2004 when they used a taser on a 6 year old who was threatening to cut himself open with a shard of glass. Police officers run into some unconventional situations sometimes, you shouldn't judge them from reading a 5 word headline and think you automatically know the situation.
    If the girl was armed with something, maybe you'd have a point. But she wasn't, so you don't.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •