Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Texas' gay marriage ban may have banned all marriages

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texas' gay marriage ban may have banned all marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    Let's suppose you are right, in practice, you would still be wrong. People get married every year here, all the time. The contracts are even signed legal documents acceptable to both federal and state authorities.
    That would be because there isn't anybody in the State of Texas governmental body with the IQ points required to see the error that stripped them of that power.

    Ahh ... the glories of in-breeding. Gotta love the south!
    [/quote]

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    you are wrong, and gays don't get ****.
    No, YOU are wrong. Somebody you will figure that out. For now... keep preaching the laurels of the 2nd most corrupt and blood thirsty state in the union.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    And yet, our own politicians represent us better than any other state. (Points at Chuck Hopson)
    Whatever ... you cousin, uncle, bother-dad Hopson says ... you follow like its gospel.

  2. #22
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    Re: Texas' gay marriage ban may have banned all marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    That would be because there isn't anybody in the State of Texas governmental body with the IQ points required to see the error that stripped them of that power.

    Ahh ... the glories of in-breeding. Gotta love the south!
    Let's hope that they don't untill the error is fixed. Chances are, our AG will, or maybe already has, fixed the error and is the reason why no lawyer here has dared caught on.

    Until then, the law will be applied as is currently practiced. Marriage between one man, one woman, to the exclusion of all else.

    you are wrong, and all texans would know, and that is all that matters and that is the reality.

    /thread

  3. #23
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Texas' gay marriage ban may have banned all marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Quit covering for Texas' obvious, glaring, stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Actually, no, I am not. I am just pointing out that Texas is a state governed by a collection of backwards inbred southern-fried idiots.

    Texas banned all marriage because they failed to check their wording in the bill that became law.

    Texas has always been a taco short of a combo plate; there is no denying this fact.
    Again, there's no way to reasonably look at this bill and conclude that it banned marriage. But feel free to tell me again how you've forgotten more law than I'll ever know. You certainly turned out to be right last time.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texas' gay marriage ban may have banned all marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Again, there's no way to reasonably look at this bill and conclude that it banned marriage. But feel free to tell me again how you've forgotten more law than I'll ever know. You certainly turned out to be right last time.
    Again, your take is based on your servetude to the Republican party; therefore, you are NOT impartial and cannot offer an unbiased opinion.

    Eventually, Pepsi is going to lose that appeal when the defendants move it up the chain.

    Sooner or later you will figure out that business is NOT above the law.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Texas' gay marriage ban may have banned all marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    That would be because there isn't anybody in the State of Texas governmental body with the IQ points required to see the error that stripped them of that power.

    Ahh ... the glories of in-breeding. Gotta love the south!
    Oh, the irony - giving me all sorts of giggles and smiles today.

  6. #26
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Texas' gay marriage ban may have banned all marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Again, your take is based on your servetude to the Republican party; therefore, you are NOT impartial and cannot offer an unbiased opinion.
    Pepsi = Republican party?

    PepsiCo Inc Contributions to Federal Candidates | OpenSecrets

    Eventually, Pepsi is going to lose that appeal when the defendants move it up the chain.
    No, they won't.

    Sooner or later you will figure out that business is NOT above the law.
    Never said they were.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texas' gay marriage ban may have banned all marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Pepsi = Republican party?
    PepsiCo Inc Contributions to Federal Candidates | OpenSecrets
    No, they won't.
    Never said they were.

    Yes, the are managed by the Republinazi hordes.

    Yes, they will.

    You implied it with your latent support for business nazism.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texas' gay marriage ban may have banned all marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    Let's hope that they don't untill the error is fixed. Chances are, our AG will, or maybe already has, fixed the error and is the reason why no lawyer here has dared caught on.

    Until then, the law will be applied as is currently practiced. Marriage between one man, one woman, to the exclusion of all else.

    you are wrong, and all texans would know, and that is all that matters and that is the reality.

    /thread
    There is no such thing as reality in Texas. It's strikes me as odd you would claim otherwise.

  9. #29
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Texas' gay marriage ban may have banned all marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post

    There's absolutely no way to read that second provision in light of the first and conclude that it "may" have banned all marriages, unless of course, you're a candidate in a primary who is looking to stir up some headlines and raise name awareness.
    True, but it does suggest that subdivisions within the state can redefine their definition of legal marriage to exclude everything they don't like. Now, that's highly unlikely to survive a court challenge, but if subdivisions can decide what they want to recognize or not, that opens up discrimination of all sorts.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #30
    Professor
    formerroadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,014

    Re: Texas' gay marriage ban may have banned all marriages

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I think it's quite the hilarious thing. The law makers in this state are pretty stupid overall. Yeah for freedom! Let's legislate away people's rights to marry even though no one had to vote to legitimate mine.
    It's time for a revolution in our country. Not a revolution forged with guns and bombs but a revolution forged of compassion and altruism. A revolution that extends a hand to those who don't have and who cannot. A revolution that makes Health Care available to all those in the US.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •