Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 229

Thread: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

  1. #61
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You must have been made as hell when Michelle took the brats on their Paris vacation last summer. How much did that cost?
    LOL, you are seriously comparing a 2 bit governor with the Presidency of the US? You seriously need a reality check.

    Lets see, Alaska law (as far as I remember reading about it) has very specific things the governor can claim from the state. Sarah Palin broke those rules time and time again during her brief period in office. Not only did the people of Alaska pay for her living in her own house eating her own food but she claimed for the whole clan to go on "political" campaign trips which in fact were no more than a vacation.

    Now we have the US president. Sure tell him to pay for his own family vacations, fine by me... but considering that this would amount for like 1/1000 at least of the total price of going on vacation for the first family then why bother? Or are you suggesting that the first family should only have official protection when on the job? Does that mean you are advocating taking away Secret Service protection for the 2 girls and Michelle when she is not out on an official job?

    The very fact you even attempt to compare the two situation only shows how pathetically partisan you are and how out of touch.

    Let me ask you this.. where were you complaining when Bush took almost 1000 vacation days during his 8 years in office? Each time he went to Crawford it cost millions of dollars..
    PeteEU

  2. #62
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    LOL, you are seriously comparing a 2 bit governor with the Presidency of the US? You seriously need a reality check.

    Lets see, Alaska law (as far as I remember reading about it) has very specific things the governor can claim from the state. Sarah Palin broke those rules time and time again during her brief period in office. Not only did the people of Alaska pay for her living in her own house eating her own food but she claimed for the whole clan to go on "political" campaign trips which in fact were no more than a vacation.

    Now we have the US president. Sure tell him to pay for his own family vacations, fine by me... but considering that this would amount for like 1/1000 at least of the total price of going on vacation for the first family then why bother? Or are you suggesting that the first family should only have official protection when on the job? Does that mean you are advocating taking away Secret Service protection for the 2 girls and Michelle when she is not out on an official job?

    The very fact you even attempt to compare the two situation only shows how pathetically partisan you are and how out of touch.

    Let me ask you this.. where were you complaining when Bush took almost 1000 vacation days during his 8 years in office? Each time he went to Crawford it cost millions of dollars..
    That president used to be a two-bit state senator, that's never held an executive position in his life until be got elected to president. based on that reality, Palin is far more qualified to be president than PBO.

    But, hey, keep defending your god-king, it only shows everyone what a farse Liberalism really is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #63
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That president used to be a two-bit state senator, that's never held an executive position in his life until be got elected to president. based on that reality, Palin is far more qualified to be president than PBO.

    But, hey, keep defending your god-king, it only shows everyone what a farse Liberalism really is.
    So you would vote for a quitter.

  4. #64
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You must have been made as hell when Michelle took the brats on their Paris vacation last summer. How much did that cost?
    why would i be mad? did they break some rule?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #65
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So you would vote for a quitter.
    Better than voting for a dumbass like PBO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #66
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    why would i be mad? did they break some rule?
    Oh, no, I don't expect you to get upset over anything that PBO and his herd do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #67
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That president used to be a two-bit state senator, that's never held an executive position in his life until be got elected to president. based on that reality, Palin is far more qualified to be president than PBO.

    But, hey, keep defending your god-king, it only shows everyone what a farse Liberalism really is.


    What on earth does this have to do with what I wrote?!?!?

    I aint defending Obama or his family, I am yet again pointing out your hypocrisy.

    Okay I will ask again. Are you seriously comparing the job as Alaskan governor with the job as US President? By comparison I mean things like security, housing, cost and over all access?
    PeteEU

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Better than voting for a dumbass like PBO.
    I'd put Obama's education against Palin's any day of the week. "Dumbasses" don't get into Harvard law school to often.

  9. #69
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post


    What on earth does this have to do with what I wrote?!?!?

    I aint defending Obama or his family, I am yet again pointing out your hypocrisy.

    Okay I will ask again. Are you seriously comparing the job as Alaskan governor with the job as US President? By comparison I mean things like security, housing, cost and over all access?
    No, you're publicising your own hypocrisy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #70
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I'd put Obama's education against Palin's any day of the week. "Dumbasses" don't get into Harvard law school to often.
    The guys that ran ENRON were Harvard grads. Nothing about a college degree makes me anymore confident about a politician.

    Education and intelligence aren't the same thing.

    But, let's just say that PBO is a genius. That means he's making all these stupid decisions on purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •