Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 229

Thread: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

  1. #41
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    With all the distortions and lies that have already been exposed with this book...I will be reading this book with the appropriate state of mind....I always enjoy a good comedy.
    The AP get six people to "fact check" a book and could find nothing of substance....

    This is news.

    and by the way, you broke forum rules with the title. Do you really expect anyone to believe that was a mistake??

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  2. #42
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    and by the way, you broke forum rules with the title. Do you really expect anyone to believe that was a mistake??
    Actually yes....because it was. What purpose would I have to purposefully change rogue to rouge? Its not like it would add anything to post....
    There's no conspiracy.....simply a mis-type that I couldn't fix...even though I caught it right after I hit send.

    BTW....have you read the article?

    There are several lies and distortions of substance in Ms. Palin's book....but most of us aren't really surprised at all.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #43
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    what she has to say is based on her level of intelligence. i know plenty of people of average intelligence, including me. if i wanted to read a book authored by someone of average intelligence, those books would at least be great beach reads, not self serving fictional autobiographies.

    Quit crying. Don't buy the book. Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #44
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Actually yes....because it was. What purpose would I have to purposefully change rogue to rouge? Its not like it would add anything to post....
    There's no conspiracy.....simply a mis-type that I couldn't fix...even though I caught it right after I hit send.

    BTW....have you read the article?

    There are several lies and distortions of substance in Ms. Palin's book....but most of us aren't really surprised at all.
    Anyone that read the article, knows that the article is crap.

    PALIN: Says she made frugality a point when traveling on state business as Alaska governor, asking "only" for reasonably priced rooms and not "often" going for the "high-end, robe-and-slippers" hotels.

    THE FACTS: Although travel records indicate she usually opted for less-pricey hotels while governor, Palin and daughter Bristol stayed five days and four nights at the $707.29-per-night Essex House luxury hotel (robes and slippers come standard) overlooking New York City's Central Park for a five-hour women's leadership conference in October 2007. With air fare, the cost to Alaska was well over $3,000. Event organizers said Palin asked if she could bring her daughter. The governor billed her state more than $20,000 for her children's travel, including to events where they had not been invited, and in some cases later amended expense reports to specify that they had been on official business.
    Palin didn't say she, "never", stayed at high dollar hotels. She said that she didn't, "often", stay at high end hotels. Had she said that it never happened, then that wouldbe something different.

    Who went rouge on the facts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Actually yes....because it was. What purpose would I have to purposefully change rogue to rouge? Its not like it would add anything to post....
    There's no conspiracy.....simply a mis-type that I couldn't fix...even though I caught it right after I hit send.

    BTW....have you read the article?

    There are several lies and distortions of substance in Ms. Palin's book....but most of us aren't really surprised at all.
    Yeah, I'm sure it was an innocent mistake. After all, you would never do anything to disparage Palin would you. It's a bit too convenient that your thread title just happens to match the title of the left wing parody book coming out the same day as Palin's.

    I haven't seen any outright lies or distortions in this story. They list things that could be taken either way and distort her words to make it appear that she wasn't truthful.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the land of steers and queers
    Last Seen
    06-03-10 @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,563

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Major retailers reportedly selling Palin's Going Rogue below cost | Media Matters for America

    Major retailers reportedly selling Palin's Going Rogue below cost

    Sarah Palin's memoir Going Rogue: An American Life has garnered attention in part because of the number of copies sold before publication. But the book has been offered at below-cost prices from major online retailers, and Newsmax has used the book as a loss leader to promote its magazine, potentially inflating the book's sales.

  7. #47
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Anyone that read the article, knows that the article is crap.



    Palin didn't say she, "never", stayed at high dollar hotels. She said that she didn't, "often", stay at high end hotels. Had she said that it never happened, then that wouldbe something different.

    Who went rouge on the facts?
    five days and four nights for a 5 hour conference. that's certainly fiscally responsible.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #48
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Women threaten other women don't they? Even when they don't know each other...
    I have no idea what you mean. Saying someone has low self esteem is threatening that person? That's news to me.

  9. #49
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    what she has to say is based on her level of intelligence. i know plenty of people of average intelligence, including me. if i wanted to read a book authored by someone of average intelligence, those books would at least be great beach reads, not self serving fictional autobiographies.
    Revealing facts and details in a book doens't mean anything - a book = time, editors, advisors, references and so on.
    A book is not a measure of IQ.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  10. #50
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Revealing facts and details in a book doens't mean anything - a book = time, editors, advisors, references and so on.
    A book is not a measure of IQ.
    I disagree. A book can be a measure of IQ. The way you worded your sentence, you made it seem as though it can NEVER be the measure of IQ. That's an incorrect statement.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •