Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 229

Thread: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i'm not on a bush rant. just pointing out that this is all pretty silly.
    I never said you were on a Bush rant. I said that's what gets said when someone goes on a Bush rant and by that logic, it's not entirely out of the question that if one can become President of the US with less than stellar grades, one could also become president of the law review with a marginal performance.

    And besides, the law review slumped and was not as highly valued under Obama as it had been. His performance there was...lacking, to say the least.

  2. #172
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I never said you were on a Bush rant. I said that's what gets said when someone goes on a Bush rant and by that logic, it's not entirely out of the question that if one can become President of the US with less than stellar grades, one could also become president of the law review with a marginal performance.

    And besides, the law review slumped and was not as highly valued under Obama as it had been. His performance there was...lacking, to say the least.
    this is a pretty good article.

    Obama kept Law Review balanced - Jeffrey Ressner and Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

    i haven't really seen anything about the law review not being as highly valued under obama.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #173
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    degrees........not degree's.

    and how does one become president of the law review with less than stellar grades?
    At the time Barry went to Harvard, they appointed the president of law review by grade, or student vote..... my guess is Barry had really good weed, shared it, and got voted in.... why else would he hide his transcripts?.... why else is it that he never published anything while at Harvard......... nothing.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    this is a pretty good article.

    Obama kept Law Review balanced - Jeffrey Ressner and Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

    i haven't really seen anything about the law review not being as highly valued under obama.
    That's a very different take on Obama's tenure as president of the law review than I read.

    I need to dig that article out but it basically took stats on how often the review was usually cited and referenced and how little that occurred under Obama's watch.

    It was not very positive.

  5. #175
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I never said you were on a Bush rant. I said that's what gets said when someone goes on a Bush rant and by that logic, it's not entirely out of the question that if one can become President of the US with less than stellar grades, one could also become president of the law review with a marginal performance.

    And besides, the law review slumped and was not as highly valued under Obama as it had been. His performance there was...lacking, to say the least.
    Your analysis and comparison are a little off Jall.....The POTUS is essentially a popularity contest with the "winner" picked by the voters. Law Review is not an elected position. You only get into law review with stellar grades or can "write on" if you are selected by the staff. I'm not sure about Obama's credentials, but it is quite possible to get elected POTUS with less than stellar grades...highly unlikely to get on law review with a marginal performance.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Your analysis and comparison are a little off Jall.....
    No, it is not. It is spot on but I am sure the rest of that babble convinced you that it is a perfectly acceptable double standard to apply. But you already thought that anyway.

  7. #177
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Your analysis and comparison are a little off Jall.....The POTUS is essentially a popularity contest with the "winner" picked by the voters. Law Review is not an elected position. You only get into law review with stellar grades or can "write on" if you are selected by the staff. I'm not sure about Obama's credentials, but it is quite possible to get elected POTUS with less than stellar grades...highly unlikely to get on law review with a marginal performance.
    Until the 1970's the editors were picked on the basis of grades, and the president of the Law Review was the student with the highest academic rank. Among these were Elliot L. Richardson, the former Attorney General, and Irwin Griswold, a dean of the Harvard Law School and Solicitor General under Presidents Lyndon B. Johnson and Richard M. Nixon.

    That system came under attack in the 1970's and was replaced by a program in which about half the editors are chosen for their grades and the other half are chosen by fellow students after a special writing competition. The new system, disputed when it began, was meant to help insure that minority students became editors of The Law Review.
    First Black Elected to Head Harvard's Law Review - The New York Times

    Again... why hide your grades if they were so stellar?
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  8. #178
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Again... why hide your grades if they were so stellar?
    Why do you care? What difference could it possibly make in relation to your loopy obsession about his birthplace?

  9. #179
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Why do you care? What difference could it possibly make in relation to your loopy obsession about his birthplace?
    Are you memory challenged?... blind?

    I'm a dualer, I don't care where he was born..... look at my sig.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  10. #180
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Whatever, dude. You're a birffer if you give the slightest crap about where the man was born and to whom.






    Also, I choose not to view avatars or signatures.
    Last edited by Glinda; 11-30-09 at 07:11 PM.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •