Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 229

Thread: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

  1. #121
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    There... fixed it for you......


    Oath of Office


    I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God

    U.S. Senate: Art & History Home > Origins & Development > Institutional Development > Oath of Office

    from your so called correction:

    Didn't Obama take an oath of office and swore to the citizens of Illinois that he would accept a FULL term as State Senator of that state?

    Where does the oath anything about a full term....I look forward toyour spin.

  2. #122
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Oath of Office


    I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God

    U.S. Senate: Art & History Home > Origins & Development > Institutional Development > Oath of Office

    from your so called correction:




    Where does the oath anything about a full term....I look forward toyour spin.
    Your beef is with GD. I quoted his post.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #123
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Your beef is with GD. I quoted his post.
    And I quoted yours. Fact is Palin quit when the going got tough while Obama stayed in public service moving to higher office.

  4. #124
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And I quoted yours. Fact is Palin quit when the going got tough while Obama stayed in public service moving to higher office.
    You quoted my quote of GD.

    Did Obama quit his jobs as state and U.S. Senator???

    The answer is yes. Hard to argue with facts.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    You quoted my quote of GD.

    Did Obama quit his jobs as state and U.S. Senator???

    The answer is yes. Hard to argue with facts.
    Did Obama win a higher office? The Presidentcy? Is he supposed to hold two offices at once? Or is it your opinion that he should have turned down the presidentcy to finish his term out as Senator?......

    Did the ex-gov win a higher office? Nope she lost...then instead of finishing out her one term as the Gov of the state of Alaska...she couldn't stand the heat and quit halfway through her committment she quit on the people who voter for her...for what I can tell was the money..

    By the way...why did she quit? For the sake of her purse...or the sake of Alaska and it's citizens?

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    By the way...why did she quit? For the sake of her purse...or the sake of Alaska and it's citizens?
    For the sake of Alaska and it's citizens until you can prove otherwise.

  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    It would be interesting to know just how much of her new found money is being donated to Alaskan causes in any way, shape or form?
    She quit for the sake of Alaska to run off and make money that she couldn't earn being Gov....so she quit for the citizens sake? Is she giving any of her proceeds to any causes which benifits the Citzens that she quit on...then blamed?

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    It would be interesting to know just how much of her new found money is being donated to Alaskan causes in any way, shape or form?
    She quit for the sake of Alaska to run off and make money that she couldn't earn being Gov....so she quit for the citizens sake? Is she giving any of her proceeds to any causes which benifits the Citzens that she quit on...then blamed?
    You are building a straw man. None of what you ask is relevant when framed properly around how it related to her performance as governor and the crippling meritless ethics charges being brought daily.

  9. #129
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    It would be interesting to know just how much of her new found money is being donated to Alaskan causes in any way, shape or form?
    She quit for the sake of Alaska to run off and make money that she couldn't earn being Gov....so she quit for the citizens sake? Is she giving any of her proceeds to any causes which benifits the Citzens that she quit on...then blamed?

    This has nothing to do with the book and 'going rogue' on facts.


    Care to talk about these "facts" that she is "going rogue" on?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Palin's book goes rouge on some facts

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    This has nothing to do with the book and 'going rogue' on facts.


    Care to talk about these "facts" that she is "going rogue" on?
    I would go as far as to say that if certain people actually believe that she quit for the sake of alaska and it's citizens, and just by chance quitting gives her the ability to go out and make millions that she couldn't do if she were to remain her full term as Gov. Then her actually caring about the citizens she lied too and quit on could be demostrated by donating some of her proceeds to those very people's causes. That would certainly do alot to prove that she did it for Alaska and it's citizens and not her own pocket book.

    Her actions define her motivations.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •