Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 122

Thread: Bush attempting to rewrite history of "disastrous presidency"

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: Bush attempting to rewrite history of "disastrous presidency"

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Facts are unreliable. The thing I do know about facts, is that over time they change.

    All facts are based on theories, that are based on other theories. And facts as such, is the strongest most accepted theories. If one of the theories that the theories of the theories are built on is flawed, the whole reasoning behind the last theory/fact becomes much weakened. The problem humanity has is our adaption of too many "certain" facts.

    I do believe in different credibility of theories. And some things I assume as almost certainty.
    Well a theory is a theory, and a fact, a fact, do you have some examples of these facts that are indeed just theories?

  2. #102
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Bush attempting to rewrite history of "disastrous presidency"

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    Well a theory is a theory, and a fact, a fact, do you have some examples of these facts that are indeed just theories?
    Give me a list of 3 average general "facts" that you consider definete facts.

    Taking it very far here.
    Blood is red for example, if looking at the way the fact is built up is an explanation of human interpretation of reality and the indoctrination of the facts all through ones lives. We are told all our life what red is, but we have no certain proof that we interpret red the same way.

    1+1 = 2 isnt really a fact, its a basic of human mathematical theory which is a human way of interpreting our take on logic. If an alien race met us, its not a fact they would more easily understand math than our written language or verbal language. Animals for example dont see 1 finger and another finger as two fingers, they dont think of it in that way. A superior intelligent species from humans could think of things in a completely different way an watch our mathematics as flawed and primitive, perhaps even completely illogical and wrong.


    This is taking it very far I know, but even things like that...

    Then start on something like Norway is the richest country in the world, and you have all kind of flaws built into that "fact".
    Take something like, "its wrong to kill", is just an indoctrinated moral code of humans, perhaps its right to kill, who knows. I believe its wrong to kill, and the majority believes that, that doesnt make it a fact, even through people make it a fact.


    Lets try some of your examples now.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Bush attempting to rewrite history of "disastrous presidency"

    I have never bought into the conceptualization of colors being relative our eyes and brains are structurally the same in their faculties, and the frequency of light that red occurs at is a constant. Red is red, even the faculties of lesser animals have the same structures as we do. (save insects who can see in infa-red).

    Also a cat is aware of both fingers and that they both are there. It merely cannot interpret the codification of numbers into symbols it can differentiate between many and few.

    What is this called again? Ontology?

  4. #104
    Sage
    gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,365

    Re: Bush attempting to rewrite history of "disastrous presidency"

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    Way more culpable......
    Clinton floundered hard with regard to OBL & AQ....
    The Clinton administration had the opportunity to take OBL out of play....
    EPIC FAIL!....
    OBL seemed useful to the administration at that time, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

    Paul
    RIP THE EUROPEAN FORUM 2016

  5. #105
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Bush attempting to rewrite history of "disastrous presidency"

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    I have never bought into the conceptualization of colors being relative our eyes and brains are structurally the same in their faculties, and the frequency of light that red occurs at is a constant. Red is red, even the faculties of lesser animals have the same structures as we do. (save insects who can see in infa-red).

    Also a cat is aware of both fingers and that they both are there. It merely cannot interpret the codification of numbers into symbols it can differentiate between many and few.

    What is this called again? Ontology?
    "Red" is only a human word.

    "1+1=2" a human concept.


    Do you say that "insects sees in infra-red" as a fact? How do you know that?

    Have you been an insect in part of your human life? Has anyone? Has anyone interpreted insect language and heard them say they see in infra red, after understand the concept of infra red as oppose to solid colours in the same way and interpreation as humans?

    Prove to me that insects see in infra red. Prove to me it is a fact and not a theory.
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Bush attempting to rewrite history of "disastrous presidency"

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Give me a list of 3 average general "facts" that you consider definete facts.

    Taking it very far here.
    Blood is red for example, if looking at the way the fact is built up is an explanation of human interpretation of reality and the indoctrination of the facts all through ones lives. We are told all our life what red is, but we have no certain proof that we interpret red the same way.

    1+1 = 2 isnt really a fact, its a basic of human mathematical theory which is a human way of interpreting our take on logic. If an alien race met us, its not a fact they would more easily understand math than our written language or verbal language. Animals for example dont see 1 finger and another finger as two fingers, they dont think of it in that way. A superior intelligent species from humans could think of things in a completely different way an watch our mathematics as flawed and primitive, perhaps even completely illogical and wrong.


    This is taking it very far I know, but even things like that...

    Then start on something like Norway is the richest country in the world, and you have all kind of flaws built into that "fact".
    Take something like, "its wrong to kill", is just an indoctrinated moral code of humans, perhaps its right to kill, who knows. I believe its wrong to kill, and the majority believes that, that doesnt make it a fact, even through people make it a fact.


    Lets try some of your examples now.

    Fact: You like to grasp at straws

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bush attempting to rewrite history of "disastrous presidency"

    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    Too much TV.

    One is real, the other isn't.
    Yes, I know John Wayne is real. Thanks!


  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bush attempting to rewrite history of "disastrous presidency"

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Perhaps you should start looking into opinions that differ from your own. I believe it could be healthy and serve you well.
    Fair enough.


  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Bush attempting to rewrite history of "disastrous presidency"

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Zeebra View Post
    Perhaps you should start looking into opinions that differ from your own. I believe it could be healthy and serve you well.
    Sounds like Dr. Zeebra should write himself a prescription...

  10. #110
    Human 2.0
    Maximus Zeebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Western Europe
    Last Seen
    09-07-17 @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,568

    Re: Bush attempting to rewrite history of "disastrous presidency"

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Sounds like Dr. Zeebra should write himself a prescription...
    It would be interesting to see any of your opinions.. Ooh, I forgot, you dont have any. You just move around in threads with irrelevant comments that never touch the thread or OP
    Europe is illegally occupied by the US

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •