Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 243

Thread: An Officer & a Gentleman

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: An Officer & a Gentleman

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    Sadly, reform will only come from within. I'm still waiting for an Islamic Age of Reason, but it's not going to happen from us trying to force it. It'll likely only make it worse.
    I think they might have already had it. During the Christian Crusades, when they were YEARS ahead of Medieval doctors and scholars, and then as they continued to expand and convert, then it just started to stagnate until WWII and the Soviet union came along and stirred the pot...rather...the hornets nest.

    I think Islam ran its course fairly quickly and control freaks simply keep it alive because they can't top it in terms of ways to brainwash...ehem...coerce people.

  2. #42
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: An Officer & a Gentleman

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    I think they might have already had it. During the Christian Crusades, when they were YEARS ahead of Medieval doctors and scholars, and then as they continued to expand and convert, then it just started to stagnate until WWII and the Soviet union came along and stirred the pot...rather...the hornets nest.

    I think Islam ran its course fairly quickly and control freaks simply keep it alive because they can't top it in terms of ways to brainwash...ehem...coerce people.
    I don't see why it can't have a second age of reform, but if we try to push it, we just make it less likely to happen.
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: An Officer & a Gentleman

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    I don't see why it can't have a second age of reform, but if we try to push it, we just make it less likely to happen.
    your addition of the word "2nd" leads me to believe I can never defeat this line of thinking. I shall thus agree.

  4. #44
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: An Officer & a Gentleman

    Originally Posted by Crunch
    Have a trial, if convicted give him all of the appeals he is entitled to, and after 10 years in Leavenworth, execute him however military justice demands...... real simple.

    In the mean time, take the statements by the Muslims as instruction….. this is the mentality we will have to learn to deal with.

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    And he speaks for all muslims... why?
    Kinda reading more into what I said than what I said? You have a habit of this.

  5. #45
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: An Officer & a Gentleman

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    your addition of the word "2nd" leads me to believe I can never defeat this line of thinking. I shall thus agree.
    I thought you were calling pre-crusades an age of reform. One could argue the sufis were. I'm receptive to listening to your argument still.
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  6. #46
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: An Officer & a Gentleman

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Kinda reading more into what I said than what I said? You have a habit of this.
    You were inferring such talking about "statements by the muslims" while talking about him
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  7. #47
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: An Officer & a Gentleman

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    Who are you calling white?


    By definition a Muslim cannot be at peace with a nonbeliever.

    Read the"holy texts" koran, hadiths, and sunnah. They are quite informative.

    I have been reading and reading them for over a dozen years now.

    Check it out sometime and you may get where some of these guys are coming from.


    Its pretty straightforward.....submit, pay the jizya, or die.
    I'll play

    The most conservative usage (which current jihadists use) of the term Kafir or nonbeliever was used by Ibn Taymiyya and it was in response to two of the most tragic events in Islamic history:
    The Christian crusaders (motivated by land, not religion) from the North.
    The Mongolians from the East (motivation isn't imporant).

    Both shed innocent Arabic (Islamic, Jewish, Christian, etc.) blood in Baghdad and Jerusalem; by the bucket-loads.

    Osama Bin Laden, Hizbullah, and other extremist muslims use such rhetoric against the American and Israeli forces in the Middle-East. However, to truly give esteem to their interpretation of "kafir" you must take Ibn Taymiyya completely out of context (which the islamo-terrorists are more than willing to do). If you are to believe in such horrendous usage of a term, then you must also believe that Israel and America are the modern Crusader and Mongol hordes, who are looking to kill anyone in their path for land and prosperity, as it is only then that extremist rhetoric is dignified.

    I have been throwing out in threads the term ahl al-katrib or "People of the Book", but there is more evidence of Islam's toleration toward non-muslims.

    dhimmi is also interpreted as "people of the book", but this instance has more focus on the act of protecting the non-muslim, monotheists; Polytheists are hated within Islam.

    From the Kuran:
    Quote Originally Posted by 23:49-50
    Remember, we gave Moses the Book and sent him many an apostle; and to Jesus, son of Mary, We gave clear evidence of the truth, reinforcing him with divine grace
    Let us not forget that the Virgin Mary appears more in the Kuran than the New Testament. Let us not forget that when Muhammad went back to Mecca he took every statue out of the Kaaba and left the ones of Allah, Jesus, and the Virgin Mary.

    Quote Originally Posted by 5:48
    To each of you We have given a law and a way and a pattern of life. If God has pleased He could surely have made you one people. But He wished to try and test you by that which He gave you. So try to excel in good deeds. To Him will you all return in the end, when He will tell you how you differed
    In Islam, while they may be different religions, and professions of faith, they are in the end the same and will be judged the same; Hell, they even agree that Jesus is going to be coming back on judgement day.

    The jizya or the poll tax non-muslims had to pay to Muslim leadership brings up two things:
    1: There were enough non-muslims living side-by-side Muslims to need financing.

    2: The Muslim leadership understood why a Christian or a Jew might not want to fight in the army (to spread the Islamic Empire). To me this is a very reforming concept, as other cultures during this time would have conscripted others regardless of religion entitlements.










    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Can you use less generalizations in the future? The majority of Americans are not perpetuating any white superiority.
    I am..

    I mean,

    Opps.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: An Officer & a Gentleman

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    I thought you were calling pre-crusades an age of reform. One could argue the sufis were. I'm receptive to listening to your argument still.
    Oh nah, I just meant that at one point the Muslim world surpassed the Western world, then the Western world surpassed Islam, and it hasn't caught up...nor does it look like they tried to catch up. It seems as though many Muslims are living in the past, literally, and trying to blow the rest of us back there. There are some places on Earth where civilization has not progressed as far as others, and some would see this as a sign of backwards cultures or a lack of true civility. In just over 700 years, they've merely upgraded from swords and bands of Bedouin raiders to Guns and guerrilla/fear tactics.

  9. #49
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: An Officer & a Gentleman

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    You were inferring such talking about "statements by the muslims" while talking about him
    Again you are putting your own words to what I said.... I have no idea, nor have I made any statements about what this (the shooter) said.

    I did however say that we should take as instructive what is being said by the Muslims quoted in the OP.

    Major Nidal Hasan M.D.

    An officer and a gentleman was injured while partaking in a preemptive* attack.

    Get Well Soon Major Nidal



    We Love You



    We do NOT denounce this officer's actions,we do however apologize for the following acts committed by our country:

    Bay of Tonkin

    The East Timor Massacre by USA Supported Suharto

    1902 Samar Massacre in the Philippines by the USMC

    1,000,000 Dead Iraqis

    Afghani & Pakistanis Killed by the USA

    Starvation of Africa & Rape of it's Resources by the USA

    Support of the Brutal "Israeli" Occupation Entity

    Etc. Etc.

    Every day is Fort Hood for the world community due to USA policies and & their tyrant totalitarian puppet regimes. Rest assure the

    slain terrorists at Fort Hood are in the eternal hellfire and it is not to late for YOU to change your policies.



    Sharing a Smile with The International Community,

    Yousef al-Khattab
    Now take your attempt at a strawman and go away.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: An Officer & a Gentleman

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    The Mongolians from the East (motivation isn't imporant)
    Agree'd. The Mongols weren't really motivated, they did it for teh lulz.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •