Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62

Thread: The Vilification of Rush

  1. #1
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,335
    Blog Entries
    12

    The Vilification of Rush

    American Thinker: The Vilification of Rush
    I truly believe that this is brought on by what I call the Minority Thought Pattern. Let's not mince words: the Minority Thought Pattern is the total disdain and hatred of what God has accomplished through the white male throughout history. Coming from an African-American, I know this will shock you.

    I am not minimizing the accomplishments of women, African-Americans, immigrants, the religious, or anyone else who is part of America. But the white male was here on Plymouth Rock for God to use, and the Pilgrims had a great belief in that God. The nation built out of their efforts, reflecting their values (most especially their religious values), has become the light of liberty for the world and an obstacle to those power-hungry individuals who hate it.
    Another Good Rev., just speaking the truth.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: The Vilification of Rush

    "Limbaugh" is a German name, is it not? The early Anglo-Saxon settlers were hardly fans of Germans any more than they were of Irishmen or Italians, though we didn't yet see heavy migration patterns from those groups. It's therefore somewhat disingenuous to speak of the "white male" as though there's even the semblance of racial homogeneity there.

    As to the article, I'd say that Rush can only truly love the halftime feast.

  3. #3
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: The Vilification of Rush

    Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    "Limbaugh" is a German name, is it not? The early Anglo-Saxon settlers were hardly fans of Germans any more than they were of Irishmen or Italians, though we didn't yet see heavy migration patterns from those groups. It's therefore somewhat disingenuous to speak of the "white male" as though there's even the semblance of racial homogeneity there.

    As to the article, I'd say that Rush can only truly love the halftime feast.
    I think accuracy is irrelevant in this case. People don't care about the subtle differences in Europeans, they're just white.

    Nevertheless, the Hutch said it well.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #4
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Vilification of Rush

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    American Thinker: The Vilification of Rush


    Another Good Rev., just speaking the truth.
    wasn't hitler a white male? does god only work through american white males?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #5
    Too big to fail
    niftydrifty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    03-03-16 @ 03:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: The Vilification of Rush

    ... or maybe he's just crazy wrong almost all of the time, just like his detractors are saying.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3227&dateline=1247527  127

  6. #6
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: The Vilification of Rush

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    wasn't hitler a white male? does god only work through american white males?
    Wasn't Mother Teresa white too?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #7
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: The Vilification of Rush

    One of the more amusing things that goes on at DP as regards Limbaugh is many of the same people who complain about him, his satires and takes on matters, are the same people who laud John Stewart. It has been my observation that there is great deal fans of both share in common, and I frequently enjoy transposing the arguments made about each, with the names of both. Meaning when you do so you see some truly hypocritical gobbledygook being spread about.

    For example, the whole Rush is not news is quite interchangeable with John is not news, and you can read at DP lengthy arguments about the same on and on.

    And the kazoo band played on............

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    11-26-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    737

    Re: The Vilification of Rush

    For better or for worse, but America was created by white men; and unless political correctness is not eliminated, will be destroyed by "multiculturalism" (or whatever passes for it in America).

  9. #9
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: The Vilification of Rush

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    One of the more amusing things that goes on at DP as regards Limbaugh is many of the same people who complain about him, his satires and takes on matters, are the same people who laud John Stewart. It has been my observation that there is great deal fans of both share in common, and I frequently enjoy transposing the arguments made about each, with the names of both. Meaning when you do so you see some truly hypocritical gobbledygook being spread about.

    For example, the whole Rush is not news is quite interchangeable with John is not news, and you can read at DP lengthy arguments about the same on and on.

    And the kazoo band played on............
    Anyone who listens to Rush regularly, and knows his style, understands what he is about. He is about a large audience, having fun, having strong beliefs and making money. He is quite forthright about this. His fans are therefore genuine.

    He doesn't claim to be a journalist, but a commentator and entertainer. So those who have problems with him are either ignorant or are projecting.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #10
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: The Vilification of Rush

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Anyone who listens to Rush regularly, and knows his style, understands what he is about. He is about a large audience, having fun, having strong beliefs and making money. He is quite forthright about this. His fans are therefore genuine.

    He doesn't claim to be a journalist, but a commentator and entertainer. So those who have problems with him are either ignorant or are projecting.
    Whereas many here at DP would point to Stewart as an incisive political commentator and journalist. Go figure.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •