Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 272

Thread: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity charges

  1. #71
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,003

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    I cant wait to see the 2girls1cup ladies in jail. They have tricked me one too many times. Once.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  2. #72
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    What the hell does an orgasm have to do with emotion? I rub my clit, I orgasm. No emotion involved.

    And you didn't answer my questions.
    You're right. I didn't answer your questions, because they are all based on the psychologically faulty premise that sexual arousal, masturbation, and orgasm are all purely biomechanical functions. Sexual arousal is a physical response to emotional stimuli; masturbation and orgasm create feelings of pleasure and release bonding hormones which create positive, relational associations with whatever other stimuli are available. Divorcing these positive associations from other human beings, or indiscriminately associating them with strangers, is both a cause and a symptom of psychological sexual dysfunction.

    Until you can admit to yourself that sexuality is psychologically and sociologically more significant than simple bodily functions, it is pointless to try to argue these issues with you.

  3. #73
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    You're right. I didn't answer your questions, because they are all based on the psychologically faulty premise that sexual arousal, masturbation, and orgasm are all purely biomechanical functions. Sexual arousal is a physical response to emotional stimuli; masturbation and orgasm create feelings of pleasure and release bonding hormones which create positive, relational associations with whatever other stimuli are available. Divorcing these positive associations from other human beings, or indiscriminately associating them with strangers, is both a cause and a symptom of psychological sexual dysfunction.

    Until you can admit to yourself that sexuality is psychologically and sociologically more significant than simple bodily functions, it is pointless to try to argue these issues with you.
    Absolutely true.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  4. #74
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    You're right. I didn't answer your questions, because they are all based on the psychologically faulty premise that sexual arousal, masturbation, and orgasm are all purely biomechanical functions. Sexual arousal is a physical response to emotional stimuli; masturbation and orgasm create feelings of pleasure and release bonding hormones which create positive, relational associations with whatever other stimuli are available. Divorcing these positive associations from other human beings, or indiscriminately associating them with strangers, is both a cause and a symptom of psychological sexual dysfunction.
    LMFAO Sexual arousal is a physical response to emotional stimuli? Are you ****ing kidding me? Sure, it CAN be for some people at certain times, but it most certainly is not always.

    I rub my hand over my breast and my nipples get hard and I feel a physically pleasurable sensation. There's absolutely no emotion involved there, and there most certainly isn't any other person involved. What emotional stimuli is being used?

    Using my moistened finger to stimulate my clit doesn't involve a single other person, or even the thought of a single other person. It simply requires the gentle friction of skin on skin and my intimate knowledge of my own body and my own desires and my own pleasure spots. What am I bonding with? My own hand? What emotional stimuli am I supposedly responding to?

    And, I guess those "bonding hormones" that are released when I use the removable shower head in the shower to orgasm bond me to .... what? The shower head?

    Seriously, this is just absolutely ridiculous. Apparently I should marry my vibrator since we share so much emotional and psychological bonding.

    And I guess me and Angelina Jolie must already be "emotionally bonded" for life. LOL

    Until you can admit to yourself that sexuality is psychologically and sociologically more significant than simple bodily functions, it is pointless to try to argue these issues with you.
    And unless you can admit to yourself that everyone in the world doesn't operate the way you do, doesn't view sex in the strange way you do, and that that fact is perfectly fine, then there is no point in even attempting to talk to you. You're too ****ing dead set in your own strange and warped way of thinking about sex to be able to even acknowledge that thinking and feeling in a different way is perfectly fine and FAR from being a "psychologically sexual dysfunction".

    Seriously man, everyone else in the world isn't dysfunctional.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    And given my chastisements for people who engage in such fantasy-- or at least do so aloud in public-- it should come as no surprise that I would condemn those who actively engage in fantasies about inflicting similar treatments upon people who are portrayed as innocent. These are not harmless flights of fancy; fantasy shapes our emotional lives and motivates behavior. The shamelessly irrational bloodthirst that you speak of is what makes it politically impossible to maintain useful rehabilitation programs in prisons.
    So we should ban movies like Friday the 13th or Passion of the Christ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    What kind of behavior do you think these pornographic fantasies inspire?
    Masturbation. Most studies show that people who don't have a harmless outlet for their urges are more likely to enact them in real life (hence the Catholic priest sex scandals as one example).

    The idea that "pornography/video games/TV/Dungeons and Dragons/etc make kids violent" is based just on stupid "scares" that come from the media (such as the Kid who planted pipe bombs in mailboxes trying to imitated the movie "Fight Club"). But in reality, if you added up all of these news stories, there would be more people who win the grand lotto jackpot than their would who committed a crime "based on a film/video game/etc".

    Even the ages old principles that goes "when you're angry, go beat a pillow or kick a tree" disproves that ignorant idea. It serves as a harmless outlet for anger. I guess by your standards, beating a pillow might serve as a "motivator" to beat someone in real life, but the real world doesn't work that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Some people might be inclined to argue that the most basic feminist principle is that women deserve an equal place and an equal say in society and that they ought to be seen and treated as people rather than objects-- goals that pornography and especially this kind of pornography actively detract from.
    They actually enhance it. It gives women (and men) the freedom to choose to express themselves equally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    A woman may have sovereignty over her own body, but there are things she might do with her body that harm others or harm society-- and must therefore remain prohibited.
    Like eating McDonald's? If anything detracts from "female sanctity", it's these 200+ lb women who eat big macs for 3 meals a day. Let's make it illegal for women to eat fast food then

    Sorry dude, but you might just want to move to Iran. Because that's the closest you'll get to the sexist society you envision (thank Jeebus).

  6. #76
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,643

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    You're not supposed to masturbate to Freddy Kreuger. If someone makes a habit of it, they should probably be under psychiatric care.
    It's those claws, man. Oh Freddy!
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  7. #77
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Only because the Supreme Court has perverted the 1st Amendment far beyond either the written language or the intent; this is no different than arguing that the 2nd Amendment protects a "collective" right rather than an individual one. Obscenity is not speech, and no supposed "freedom of obscenity" deserves to be enshrined in our Bill of Rights alongside the freedom of speech and the freedom of the press.
    How is obscenity not speech? I'm not interested in a semantics game here

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    How is obscenity not speech? I'm not interested in a semantics game here
    Kormyr's post was very obscene.

  9. #79
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothpicvic View Post
    Kormyr's post was very obscene.
    Since I disagree with it, we should have it banned

  10. #80
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-11 @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    471

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Are you talking about sexual fantasies or something else? Because my sexual fantasies have absolutely nothing to do with my "emotional life" and certainly don't motivate my behavior beyond achieving a climax.
    I will go further and say that even if you were to go beyond watching and live out porn fantasies, there'd be absolutely nothing wrong with this provided that all parties are consenting. There is much more to sexuality than 'straight' vanilla missionary intercourse, and porn explicitly shows many of the other possibilities.

    I think that the availability of porn actually does affect society, but in a positive way. Even if for you it boils down only to "getting off," let me point out that the social importance of sexual fulfillment can be very underrated. Kathleen Sullivan, a feminist law professor at Stanford, says it well:

    If social convention, backed by religion and law, confines sexuality to the heterosexual, monogamous, marital, familial, and reproductive, then the ambisexual, promiscuous, adulterous, selfish, and gratification-centered world of pornography is a charter of sexual revolution that is potentially liberating rather than confining for women.
    "Selfish" in this context can actually be a good thing, because many women focus on pleasing others but stay rather sexually repressed and unfulfilled themselves. For example, there are large proportions of married women with "normal" sex lives who report that they never have achieved orgasm. Women who get off on pornography show an awareness of their own sexual needs. Even if masturbation cannot replace sexual experiences with living, breathing partners, a woman who gets off regularly is less likely to put up with sexually unsatisfying relationships. And that's a good thing because such relationships will fall apart in the long run. They tend to be tied in with all sorts of bitterness and neuroses which are good to avoid or defuse.

    The more sexually liberated people exist, the fewer bitter, repressed prudes will be around for the right-conservatives to exploit for their authoritarian agendas. Sexual repression is not a trivial issue; it's integral to authoritarianism.

    So if anything, your getting off helps society.
    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    How does porn detract from any feminist goals at all?
    To the extent that (some) porn appears to detract from feminist goals, it is a consequence, rather than cause, of problems that already exist in society. Take, for example, the breast fetishism in the modern West, especially in America, which is absent in most societies studied by anthropologists. Breasts of abnormal size, cultural motifs of motherhood, have been fetishized. As authentic feminists are apt to point out, it is the fetishization of breasts which helps to reinforce sexism, such that feminine appearance is distorted into an objectified caricature of motherhood. (And as far as exploiting this goes, porn that caters to hardcore mammophiles is small potatoes compared to the plastic surgery industry which has made literally billions upon billions through the mutilation of perfectly healthy breasts.) This is aided by the fact that women, unlike men, lack the freedom to go "topless" in public. Yet it is the very people most opposed to pornography who are most likely to uphold these repressive double standards. It wasn't pornographers who went apesh!t when Janet Jackson flashed a glimpse of her breast.

    Many pornographers do exploit the "forbidden" aura around it, and profit off sexually repressed hypocritical people who compulsively splurge on it as a guilty pleasure. But who helps that? The very same people who are always campaigning against porn! It wouldn't have the "forbidden fruit" flavor if those people didn't do their best to forbid it.
    Last edited by Sov; 11-18-09 at 07:09 PM.

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •