Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 272

Thread: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity charges

  1. #231
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I am tired of thread-jackers and their shinanigans.
    Her comment related to the topic. If you don't like what someone says or don't agree with it, feel free to not reply.

  2. #232
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,989

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    But that's not true. The way the Supreme Court has interpreted the first amendment means that society has to accept your speech for it to be protected. The stigmas have a way of becoming laws.

    I know I'm a rare individual but I for one do want to live in a world without shame, where nothing is looked down upon. Why is public nudity bad? Why is masturbation bad? Why is prostitution bad? Why is sodomy bad? Why is pedophilia bad? Why is incest bad? I don't do most of these things myself but I don't think they are harmful to society or to myself if someone else chooses to.
    Who didn't see that coming? Anyone? Anyone? Bueler?

    Yes. You're a rare one. Keep hoping for your utopia, along with a world completely without conflict, and one where everyone loves each other and its rainbow and flowers. People are free to be idealists, they're more than welcome too. Here's a crazy thought though...

    How about all you idealists stop trying to use the government or your own social stigmas against realists for not pertaining to YOUR world view. Or is that kind of thing only bad when its done for things YOU think are wrong?

  3. #233
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    How about all you idealists stop trying to use the government or your own social stigmas against realists for not pertaining to YOUR world view.
    Never. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

  4. #234
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Sexual activity between two consenting adults CANNOT be criminalized. Florida is out of line and needs to be delt with in the most severe and costly method possible.
    Not sure if you mean legally CANNOT or shouldn't be.

    Sexual activity between two consenting adults was been criminalized in this country all the way up to 2003, when the Supreme Court (rightly) struck down a sodomy law in Texas (Lawrence v. Kansas).

    In any event, this brings up a point nobody has addressed. The case above basically found that sex between consenting adults is private and the government has no business being involved (finally!) How is that any different with porn? Nobody sees porn unless they choose to. Porn is just part of someone's sex life. It's private. You can have weird sex with someone, or fantasize about weird sex, or watch a porn movie with weird sex. Why is the porn movie somehow different?
    Last edited by misterman; 11-24-09 at 04:43 PM.

  5. #235
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Never. Not even in the face of Armageddon.
    Then there will be a conflict. You will not get your way unopposed.

  6. #236
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,989

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Never. Not even in the face of Armageddon.
    I know you won't. I know they won't either. I just don't think they realize they're doing the same thing as you are, just on a flip side though. I imagine the irony is lost on them though....

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Then there will be a conflict. You will not get your way unopposed.
    .....yep, seems I'm right.

  7. #237
    Clown Prince of Politics
    Psychoclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hiding from the voices in my head.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,738

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    But that's not true. The way the Supreme Court has interpreted the first amendment means that society has to accept your speech for it to be protected. The stigmas have a way of becoming laws.

    I know I'm a rare individual but I for one do want to live in a world without shame, where nothing is looked down upon. Why is public nudity bad? Why is masturbation bad? Why is prostitution bad? Why is sodomy bad? Why is incest bad? I don't do most of these things myself but I don't think they are harmful to society or to myself if someone else chooses to.
    Society does not have to accept speech for it to be protected. We don't even have to be tolerate it. We only have to allow them to speak freely, what informal or social consequences come after that are perfectly egal. We as a society do not accept the speech of the KKK, neo nazis, or other fringe nut job groups, but we protect their right to free speech. In fact, we're free to look down on those ignorant backward inbred morons and mock and ostracize them for their views. We just can't use the legal system to surpress their speech.
    Slipping into madness is good for the sake of comparison - Unknown.

  8. #238
    Puer Aeternus
    Tsunami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-08-16 @ 04:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,132

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    The public isn't required to accept it for it to be legal. If that were the case, the white supremist assholes from North Dakota, Montana, Nebraska, and Northern Idaho would've all been jailed long ago.

    Sexual activity between two consenting adults CANNOT be criminalized. Florida is out of line and needs to be delt with in the most severe and costly method possible.
    I would argue that the public does accept hate speech. If there is a legal way to declare pornography obscene then the same argument should work against the KKK. There is nothing in the first amendment that specifically excludes sex or excretory functions, though those are what we most often consider obscene. The same interpretation would work against racist speech or anything else society is against. The simple fact is the KKK is more accepted in our society than a scat film.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Who didn't see that coming? Anyone? Anyone? Bueler?

    Yes. You're a rare one. Keep hoping for your utopia, along with a world completely without conflict, and one where everyone loves each other and its rainbow and flowers. People are free to be idealists, they're more than welcome too. Here's a crazy thought though...

    How about all you idealists stop trying to use the government or your own social stigmas against realists for not pertaining to YOUR world view. Or is that kind of thing only bad when its done for things YOU think are wrong?
    Yeah I edited out the 'pedophile' part because I didn't want this to turn into the same old argument from the other thread. Apparently I didn't do it fast enough.

    I'm not trying to push my opinions on anyone. There are things I find disgusting just like everyone else. (In my case it is pregnancy and tongue piercings.) But I would never impose my disgust on anyone else, because I don't want it done to me. It's the golden rule, I treat others how I wish to be treated.

    I'm simply arguing for the solution that is fair to the largest number of people. This means a form of government that treats every single person as if they are their own majority. Unless your action interferes with another person's rights the government should stay out of it. I see no other reason to restrict freedom.

    Your argument is that it is harmful because we don't like it. That doesn't make any sense.
    Schadenfreude ist die schönste Freude.

  9. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Of course it's a matter of opinion, all books are. But since rape fantasies are the number one female fantasy, there's apparently something to it.

    And the fantasy has nothing to do with actual rape. It has to do with removing feelings of guilt, scorn, and disdain associated with wanting to have sex with someone.
    Oh.
    I guess since I never experienced those feelings, I don't have a need to have them "removed".
    Guilt and sex in the same sentence? Does not compute.

  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Her comment related to the topic. If you don't like what someone says or don't agree with it, feel free to not reply.
    No, it was not.

    You are dismissed.

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •