Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 272

Thread: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity charges

  1. #91
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-11 @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    471

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    I also wonder how porn shaped my wants and desires when I had these same wants and desires many, many years prior to ever seeing or reading any porn? I wonder how that worked.
    Good point. It's much more a reflection than a cause of desires.

    One must be very naive to trust the mass media to give an accurate representation of dangers. Much is made about "HIV/AIDS" outbreaks among porn performers, but they're actually much more likely to die in automobile accidents. This is true in general too - overall, even sober driving is more dangerous than even unprotected sex, yet which one is the media far more likely to associate with death? There's clearly a great deal of sex-negative bias at work.
    Pan-Humanist Movement
    “The only real nation is humanity” ~ Paul Farmer

  2. #92
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-11 @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    471

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by MC.no.spin View Post
    It's taken by community standards, to an average person, not a pervert.
    Which is an absurdly arbitrary way to infringe upon freedom of expression.

    What happens if someday the "average person" considers your opinions to be obscene hate speech not protected by the First Amendment? Will you run crying to the ACLU? Will you then find it convenient to bitch about political correctness? Don't you realize that the way you use obscenity laws is just part of your own brand of political correctness that you want to force onto everyone? When you feel outnumbered, your ilk will play the rebel and say things like "popularity does not equal truth!" But when you think you have the majority on your side, you'll suddenly shift gears and claim to represent the "average person" or the "common man." What a tiresome scam.

    You copied the last paragraph of your post from Wikipedia. I'll add post the link for you.

    Miller test - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    In practice, pornography showing genitalia and sexual acts is not ipso facto obscene according to the Miller test. For instance, in 2000 a jury in Provo, Utah, took only a few minutes to clear Larry Peterman, owner of a Movie Buffs video store, in Utah County, Utah, a region which had often boasted of being one of the most conservative areas in the US. Researchers had shown that guests at the local Marriott Hotel were disproportionately large consumers of pay-per-view pornographic material, accessing far more material than the store was distributing.
    Last edited by Sov; 11-20-09 at 07:36 AM.
    Pan-Humanist Movement
    “The only real nation is humanity” ~ Paul Farmer

  3. #93
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-11 @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    471

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    I consider obscenity laws to be obscene, so there.

    A few years back, this piece sold for $140,000,000 -- that's right one hundred and forty million dollars.



    The painter, Jackson Pollock, had talent. But I have seen many supposedly "obscene" hentai drawings that certainly took more talent and skill to produce than this particular piece. Or for that matter porn videos. Does it really make sense that someone paid $140 million for this piece even as other works are judged as "obscene" and thereby illegal to sell for so much as $1.40?

    For that matter there are paintings literally by monkeys that people will buy for thousands of dollars. Sometimes they are better than many of the works by human beings...
    Pan-Humanist Movement
    “The only real nation is humanity” ~ Paul Farmer

  4. #94
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    I just wanna know if I can marry my shower head and vibrator since we've "emotionally bonded" so much.

    I also want to know how something is 'degrading' me if I'm enjoying every minute of it and begging for it to be done to me? If I fantasize about it daily, masturbate to it, and absolutely love it when I do it with another person(s). How could something possibly be degrading me if *I* am not degraded?

    I also wonder how porn shaped my wants and desires when I had these same wants and desires many, many years prior to ever seeing or reading any porn? I wonder how that worked.

    Weird, eh?
    In your previous post you mentioned "my desires"
    Which is exactly what he's talking about - your ability to enjoy the moment, showerhead or otherwise, comes from your *free will* and decision to "have a good time."

    It's based on emotion or other psychological goings-on first - If someone is raped does that mean they're forced to orgasm without wanting to, or that they're enjoying it? No, there has to be a psychological openness or desire to the act in order for it to be pleasurable.

    It might not seem that way - but without the mental willingness it's not gonna happen.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #95
    Puer Aeternus
    Tsunami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-08-16 @ 04:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,132

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    In your previous post you mentioned "my desires"
    Which is exactly what he's talking about - your ability to enjoy the moment, showerhead or otherwise, comes from your *free will* and decision to "have a good time."

    It's based on emotion or other psychological goings-on first - If someone is raped does that mean they're forced to orgasm without wanting to, or that they're enjoying it? No, there has to be a psychological openness or desire to the act in order for it to be pleasurable.

    It might not seem that way - but without the mental willingness it's not gonna happen.
    I think this is untrue. Rape victims often feel guilt because they did physically react to the sex. This doesn't mean they were longing for rape, it means the physical aspects are separate from the emotional. The mind rebels but the body compels.
    Schadenfreude ist die schönste Freude.

  6. #96
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
    I think this is untrue. Rape victims often feel guilt because they did physically react to the sex. This doesn't mean they were longing for rape, it means the physical aspects are separate from the emotional. The mind rebels but the body compels.
    Ah, no it doesn't.

    I speak from personal experience - that's bull****.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #97
    Puer Aeternus
    Tsunami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    11-08-16 @ 04:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,132

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Ah, no it doesn't.

    I speak from personal experience - that's bull****.
    It might not have happened in your experience, but it is fairly common. And to deny that is insulting to those who have been through it.

    http://hubpages.com/hub/OrgasmDuringRape

    http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/...ing-guilt.html

    http://www.sexualhealth.com/question...anal-sex/1998/

    http://faithallen.wordpress.com/2008...-sexual-abuse/
    Last edited by Tsunami; 11-20-09 at 10:53 AM.
    Schadenfreude ist die schönste Freude.

  8. #98
    Fool & Troll Handler
    MC.no.spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Seen
    08-26-17 @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,392

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by Sov View Post
    Which is an absurdly arbitrary way to infringe upon freedom of expression.

    What happens if someday the "average person" considers your opinions to be obscene hate speech not protected by the First Amendment? Will you run crying to the ACLU? Will you then find it convenient to bitch about political correctness? Don't you realize that the way you use obscenity laws is just part of your own brand of political correctness that you want to force onto everyone? When you feel outnumbered, your ilk will play the rebel and say things like "popularity does not equal truth!" But when you think you have the majority on your side, you'll suddenly shift gears and claim to represent the "average person" or the "common man." What a tiresome scam.
    I'm glad obscenity is not protected under the First Amendment. YMMV.

    It would be time to move to another community if I had issues with what was being treated as such.

    You copied the last paragraph of your post from Wikipedia. I'll add post the link for you.
    Is this some kind of reprehensible discovery? Did I get a lower grade on my school paper or something? It's Wikipedia. Link me to the info on why I should link it.
    Last edited by MC.no.spin; 11-20-09 at 11:45 AM.
    "Everyone has his axe to grind - his favorite fiction to pimp. We live in a world of hustlers and clowns."
    ~ Bob Somerby

  9. #99
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    In your previous post you mentioned "my desires"
    Which is exactly what he's talking about - your ability to enjoy the moment, showerhead or otherwise, comes from your *free will* and decision to "have a good time."

    It's based on emotion or other psychological goings-on first - If someone is raped does that mean they're forced to orgasm without wanting to, or that they're enjoying it? No, there has to be a psychological openness or desire to the act in order for it to be pleasurable.

    It might not seem that way - but without the mental willingness it's not gonna happen.
    That's really not entirely true. The body DOES react when the mind doesn't want it to. Men CAN get an erection when they don't want to. Women CAN get wet and orgasm when they don't want to. The body reacts separate from the emotional state, or should I say, in spite of.

    However, free will has nothing to do with getting turned on being a "response to emotional stimuli". Are you seriously suggesting that the emotional stimuli that turns me on is my free will? Free will is "emotional stimuli"? If that's the case, then you just helped my argument even more being that I am all about free will and all about allowing people to enjoy sex in whatever way they see fit provided all involved are involved willingly. Thus, someone who freely does things with a stranger is not divorcing themselves of emotion at all! Since "free will" is the emotion involved.

    Someone who does things that Korimyr seems to think are "degrading" or "obscene" are being EMOTIONALLY turned on by their FREE WILL to engage in those activities. So, they are actually engaging in the very thing he thinks they SHOULD be engaging in.

    My point exactly!
    Last edited by rivrrat; 11-20-09 at 12:56 PM.

  10. #100
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Adult film director Max Hardcore sentenced to 4 years in prison on obscenity char

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    That's really not entirely true. The body DOES react when the mind doesn't want it to. Men CAN get an erection when they don't want to. Women CAN get wet and orgasm when they don't want to. The body reacts separate from the emotional state, or should I say, in spite of.

    However, free will has nothing to do with getting turned on being a "response to emotional stimuli". Are you seriously suggesting that the emotional stimuli that turns me on is my free will? Free will is "emotional stimuli"? If that's the case, then you just helped my argument even more being that I am all about free will and all about allowing people to enjoy sex in whatever way they see fit provided all involved are involved willingly. Thus, someone who freely does things with a stranger is not divorcing themselves of emotion at all! Since "free will" is the emotion involved.

    Someone who does things that Korimyr seems to think are "degrading" or "obscene" are being EMOTIONALLY turned on by their FREE WILL to engage in those activities. So, they are actually engaging in the very thing he thinks they SHOULD be engaging in.

    My point exactly!
    It amazes me that in 2009 there are people who still have such an archaic view of sex and sexuality. I will never understand why some people are still so uptight.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •