Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 152

Thread: Marijuana legalization hearing tomorrow in California!

  1. #61
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Marijuana legalization hearing tomorrow in California!

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    What ever the price it will not affect my consumption.
    I don't doubt that. I have kids at my school coming to school today with flip flops, shorts, and t-shirts on in 55 deg. weather and I know damn well their parents have marijuana/dope. There is damn little you can tell me about dope in general or marijuana in particular that would surprise me.

  2. #62
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Marijuana legalization hearing tomorrow in California!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    You mean like tobacco?


    source
    Exactly. I am a smoker. I understand the danger. I am still free to make a choice, and I have chosen to smoke. Let's also consider that Cannabis is much less dangerous than a cigarette ever will be.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  3. #63
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Marijuana legalization hearing tomorrow in California!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Absolutely. I know a lot of people like to pigeonhole people who support legalization as pot smokers. I personally don't smoke pot and haven't done so since I was in high school. Even though people say it's not addictive, my late uncle (who had an addictive personality) was addicted to marijuana for years and years. It obviously affected him more because of he was more prone to addiction. Regardless of all of that, I still see no reason to not legalize it. The difference between you and I is that I actually like people to have a choice regardless of my personal opinion on marijuana. I don't blame marijuana abuse on marijuana, but the person abusing it. It's the same exact kind of argument on gun control. Often when there is a shooting, the issue gets brought up. Anti-gun people place the blame on a gun rather than placing the blame on the person pulling the trigger. It's stupid to place the blame on an inanimate object.
    Used as directed a firearm won't hurt anyone. Use marijuana as diredted and you will experience lung disease. I believe that's the difference.

  4. #64
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Marijuana legalization hearing tomorrow in California!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I don't doubt that. I have kids at my school coming to school today with flip flops, shorts, and t-shirts on in 55 deg. weather and I know damn well their parents have marijuana/dope. There is damn little you can tell me about dope in general or marijuana in particular that would surprise me.
    You know for sure these parents are stoned? Do you 24/7 mean Reefer Madness style.

    BTW my kiddo wears a uniform to school
    Last edited by winston53660; 10-29-09 at 02:54 PM.

  5. #65
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Marijuana legalization hearing tomorrow in California!

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Exactly. I am a smoker. I understand the danger. I am still free to make a choice,
    Doesn't that depend on the state you're in?



    and I have chosen to smoke. Let's also consider that Cannabis is much less dangerous than a cigarette ever will be.
    .....and will still damage your lungs.

  6. #66
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Marijuana legalization hearing tomorrow in California!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Used as directed a firearm won't hurt anyone. Use marijuana as diredted and you will experience lung disease. I believe that's the difference.
    What about those who prefer to eat Cannabis? Lung Disease for them, too?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #67
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Marijuana legalization hearing tomorrow in California!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Used as directed a firearm won't hurt anyone. Use marijuana as diredted and you will experience lung disease. I believe that's the difference.
    Come on. Don't be obtuse. I'm not comparing guns to marijuana. I'm comparing the issue of gun control with legalization of marijuana, because the arguments from the opposition are similarly structured. In both cases people place blame on an inanimate object instead of blaming the person responsible. I also find it rather amusing that you've shifted your argument to lung disease. If that really was your concern, you would have come right out of the gate with that, but you didn't. You resorted to that because you've run out of arguments.

  8. #68
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Marijuana legalization hearing tomorrow in California!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Doesn't that depend on the state you're in?
    .....and will still damage your lungs.
    Yes, I understand it still damages my lungs. The point I am making is that it is the individual's choice. It is their body. Their body does not belong to the government, or you, or me.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  9. #69
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Marijuana legalization hearing tomorrow in California!

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    You know for sure these parents are stoned? Do you 24/7 Reefer Madness style.

    BTW my kiddo wears a uniform to school
    When they show up for parent teachers conferences reeking of the stuff.......you know. It's not rocket science. Meth is the worst. Those guys look 20 years older than they should. You are aware dopers rarely fool anyone aren't you?

  10. #70
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Marijuana legalization hearing tomorrow in California!

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Yes, I understand it still damages my lungs. The point I am making is that it is the individual's choice. It is their body. Their body does not belong to the government, or you, or me.
    At least you've learned something today.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •