Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 92

Thread: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

  1. #71
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jim View Post
    I believe Rush and his style of entertainment is harmful to this country, our way of life, individual freedom and thought, and even his followers because he is teaching them, by example, to be bullies which is divisive and alienates people, even those that would be swayed by their beliefs. They are their own worst enemies, they preach to their choir, but do not speak to the people except to lecture, like a control freak parent does with their adult Children.

    I think that is what Obama is so upset about. Maybe he does have a point.

    What I do know is I wish Rush and his ilk (there are plenty of them all over the airwaves, both left and right) would STFU and understand their style of politics is not inclusive but dividing this great country of ours in ways I have never seen in my 58 years on this planet.

    We are no longer politically civil, we are political bullies and if we can't have it our way, then go jump off a cliff. One of the most egregious examples is the refusal of the anti abortionists to even consider working with the Choice people to help make abortion legal, safe and RARE. The legal and safe part they want to eliminate through unenforceable law which shows just how out of touch they really are and how anti individual they are. To make abortion rare will take a lot of effort by all sides. Law is not the answer, but law is what they want, the hell with common sense. Stupid, really stupid.

    .
    You ascribe powers to Limbaugh he does not have, that is of course IF you believe he has "followers" and is a teacher. Never mind that his listeners are already adult and that are (by demographics) well educated and upwardly mobile. Limbaugh though an entertainer, engages in what makes this country great; the open and free discourse of political ideas and commentary and the right to disagree and have free access to the same airwaves that make such possible.

    It is not Limbaugh trying to silence his opposition, nor is it Limbaugh sitting in a job he sought out, knowing full well the level of scrutiny that said job entails, crying like some spoiled brat upset that someone dares engage in second amendment activity. That cry baby is Mr. Obama and his thin skinned administration. As history has proven, had one of the big three mainstream news sources been punked as Limbaugh was, it would be weeks and numerous investigations in the making, before a "sorta" admittance he was punked would be presented to the public. In this case, said admission of error was in the very same hour and same show said event occurred in.

    Meanwhile the Obama administration continues to whine and try to cajole, bully and berate a news organization and any journalist who dare be critical of him and his administration, which is their actual JOB. And you say it is Limbaugh who is engaged in bullying? Right.

  2. #72
    User Just Plain Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central part of China
    Last Seen
    11-05-09 @ 09:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    96

    Re: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    You ascribe powers to Limbaugh he does not have, that is of course IF you believe he has "followers" and is a teacher. Never mind that his listeners are already adult and that are (by demographics) well educated and upwardly mobile. Limbaugh though an entertainer, engages in what makes this country great; the open and free discourse of political ideas and commentary and the right to disagree and have free access to the same airwaves that make such possible.

    It is not Limbaugh trying to silence his opposition, nor is it Limbaugh sitting in a job he sought out, knowing full well the level of scrutiny that said job entails, crying like some spoiled brat upset that someone dares engage in second amendment activity. That cry baby is Mr. Obama and his thin skinned administration. As history has proven, had one of the big three mainstream news sources been punked as Limbaugh was, it would be weeks and numerous investigations in the making, before a "sorta" admittance he was punked would be presented to the public. In this case, said admission of error was in the very same hour and same show said event occurred in.

    Meanwhile the Obama administration continues to whine and try to cajole, bully and berate a news organization and any journalist who dare be critical of him and his administration, which is their actual JOB. And you say it is Limbaugh who is engaged in bullying? Right.
    I see your argument as the complete opposite of mine.
    I think his followers are like sheep, can not think for themselves and need to be constantly reminded of where they stand.

    He is a bully, a cry baby, a divider and anti American.

    I stand behind that 100% and I used to be a ditto head till I found out he was lying.

    The problem with his ilk, and I pointed out that they exist on the left and right, is what percent is a lie, what percent is not-------------there is your problem and that is why I stopped listening to the talking heads. It was amazing when I threw out those people in my life is how much I realized I can think for myself.

    That is freedom.

    Rush is not.

    Nor is his brand of entertainment, except by those that are easily led and an easy catch to be a lemming.

    .


  3. #73
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jim View Post
    I see your argument as the complete opposite of mine.
    I think his followers are like sheep, can not think for themselves and need to be constantly reminded of where they stand.
    Which of course you understand, is simply how you choose to see them. Of course you confirm my point stated earlier, that you choose to ascribe to them the status of followers. Meaning you willingly engage in ignorantly by any standard, stereotyping and generalizing millions of human beings. Clearly because you don't "like" Limbaugh and disagree with his political ideology. In short he is (insert allegation here) and by Gar you'll be the same in return. yay

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jim View Post
    He is a bully, a cry baby, a divider and anti American.
    OK. He is a bully cry baby divider anti American that admitted he got taken in by a hoax. Within the very hour of citing the hoax, which is a new land speed record for a retraction in any medium. Also at the end of the day, so what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jim View Post
    I stand behind that 100% and I used to be a ditto head till I found out he was lying.
    Ah I see, so in other words you were at one time a person who could not think for himself and needed to be constantly reminded where you stood. You see there is the problem, if this was the case with you, it is not necessarily so with everyone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jim View Post
    The problem with his ilk, and I pointed out that they exist on the left and right, is what percent is a lie, what percent is not-------------there is your problem and that is why I stopped listening to the talking heads. It was amazing when I threw out those people in my life is how much I realized I can think for myself.
    Fortunately I've always been able to think for myself and never invited people on the TV or radio into my life, as it were.

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jim View Post
    That is freedom.

    Rush is not.

    Nor is his brand of entertainment, except by those that are easily led and an easy catch to be a lemming.

    .
    This is true, Rush is just a talk show host. While you might have been a lemming for Limbaugh at one time, you thankfully are not everyone. So the good news is that maybe rather than ignorantly stereotyping millions of people, you are simply guilty of transference.
    Last edited by Sir Loin; 10-29-09 at 04:00 AM.

  4. #74
    User Just Plain Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central part of China
    Last Seen
    11-05-09 @ 09:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    96

    Re: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    Which of course you understand, is simply how you choose to see them. Of course you confirm my point stated earlier, that you choose to ascribe to them the status of followers. Meaning you willingly engage in ignorantly by any standard, stereotyping and generalizing millions of human beings. Clearly because you don't "like" Limbaugh and disagree with his political ideology. In short he is (insert allegation here) and by Gar you'll be the same in return. yay
    Yes I do generalize them, and anyone who follows talking heads as if it is truth. I don't listen because I don't need the constant reminding. Others listen because they do. How many times in how many ways do people need to be told the same crap? There were many reasons why I opt out, one of them was that, the other is because I didn't know what was truth or a lie. And lastly, because it just filled up my head with a lot of useless garbage and hate.

    OK. He is a bully cry baby divider anti American that admitted he got taken in by a hoax. Within the very hour of citing the hoax, which is a new land speed record for a retraction in any medium. Also at the end of the day, so what?
    Was his really a retraction? From what I understand, his retraction was augmented with excuses. I would give him credit if he made a heartfelt apology, but he did it talking head style.

    Ah I see, so in other words you were at one time a person who could not think for himself and needed to be constantly reminded where you stood. You see there is the problem, if this was the case with you, it is not necessarily so with everyone else.
    Not altogether correct. I thought what he was saying was making a lot of sense, but I felt uneasy because I felt something was not quite right. It did not take me long to figure out it was truth. Even if was only 5% lie, it still left doubt and that is one of the reasons I tuned out. He has a huge following that tune into his radio show as if it was a religion, those are the people I am talking about and yes, they are lemmings.

    Fortunately I've always been able to think for myself and never invited people on the TV or radio into my life, as it were.
    I call the TV a mental masturbation machine. I used to be a person that got home from work, watched TV till bed, then watched sports all weekend long. Till one day I realized I didn't have a life, that I was watching other people live theirs, even it was on a stupid game show. That is when I threw out the tube and today only use it to watch DVD's. I refuse to turn it on for breaking news, like 911 because it turns out to be a feeding frenzy if the issue is hot enough, with enough armchair quarterbacking to write a book with every page filled up with two words regurgitated over and over again, blah-blah.

    This is true, Rush is just a talk show host. While you might have been a lemming for Limbaugh at one time, you thankfully are not everyone. So the good news is that maybe rather than ignorantly stereotyping millions of people, you are simply guilty of transference.
    As I said above, I have stereotyped a millions of Americans, because that is what they are (see above), there are people who do question, who want different opinion and those have my respect. Thinking for oneself also means being able to look at all sides and coming to a decision.

    I tuned out the talking heads because I simply can not trust them. It is not just subjective lies, it is blatant lies of which every talking head I have come across, from the left to the right, I have caught them at.

    .


  5. #75
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jim View Post
    Yes I do generalize them, and anyone who follows talking heads as if it is truth. I don't listen because I don't need the constant reminding. Others listen because they do. How many times in how many ways do people need to be told the same crap? There were many reasons why I opt out, one of them was that, the other is because I didn't know what was truth or a lie. And lastly, because it just filled up my head with a lot of useless garbage and hate.
    That is the problem, I've never yet met anyone who "follows" a political radio talk show as if it were a religion. I just met thousands of people who try to paint people who listen to talk radio that way. They do so at pain of exposing their own ignorance and shortcomings IMO. Many people apply the same school of thought to political talk radio as they do news in general. Get it from a variety of sources and compare/contrast and reach your own conclusions. I know I certainly do and have for many many years. People get their "news" from "news" sources and in general get their opinion commentary from sources of the same. And once again, more bluntly, your personal issues and anecdotes are exactly that and not endemic of the millions of people who do listen to Limbaugh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jim View Post
    Was his really a retraction? From what I understand, his retraction was augmented with excuses. I would give him credit if he made a heartfelt apology, but he did it talking head style.
    Retraction, admission, he stated that he had been taken in by a hoax. He offered up the comment that it "felt right" which is actually a dig at a famous comment Dan Rather made when he got caught doing all the things you say Limbaugh did. As to the fact that he did it "talking head" style, yeah no shizz eh? And of course...so what?


    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jim View Post
    Not altogether correct. I thought what he was saying was making a lot of sense, but I felt uneasy because I felt something was not quite right. It did not take me long to figure out it was truth. Even if was only 5% lie, it still left doubt and that is one of the reasons I tuned out. He has a huge following that tune into his radio show as if it was a religion, those are the people I am talking about and yes, they are lemmings.
    So everyone else listening, as you do, they are lemmings and you are not? Hey do let us know just how ignorant it is you are comfortable looking. Oh and yeah, I see you are back to that idiotic "followers of a religion" fluff. yawn

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jim View Post
    I call the TV a mental masturbation machine. I used to be a person that got home from work, watched TV till bed, then watched sports all weekend long. Till one day I realized I didn't have a life, that I was watching other people live theirs, even it was on a stupid game show. That is when I threw out the tube and today only use it to watch DVD's. I refuse to turn it on for breaking news, like 911 because it turns out to be a feeding frenzy if the issue is hot enough, with enough armchair quarterbacking to write a book with every page filled up with two words regurgitated over and over again, blah-blah.
    I think I am starting to see a serious pattern here. Jeez guy, you really are serving as your own executioner aren't you?


    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jim View Post
    As I said above, I have stereotyped a millions of Americans, because that is what they are (see above), there are people who do question, who want different opinion and those have my respect. Thinking for oneself also means being able to look at all sides and coming to a decision.

    I tuned out the talking heads because I simply can not trust them. It is not just subjective lies, it is blatant lies of which every talking head I have come across, from the left to the right, I have caught them at.

    .
    Well I guess you are to be applauded for learning to think for yourself, as oxymoronic as that is. You will still fare better in social situations and discourse if you also can learn to stop transposing your own personal issues and takes on things, as that of the rest of the world.

  6. #76
    User Just Plain Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central part of China
    Last Seen
    11-05-09 @ 09:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    96

    Re: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    That is the problem, I've never yet met anyone who "follows" a political radio talk show as if it were a religion. I just met thousands of people who try to paint people who listen to talk radio that way. They do so at pain of exposing their own ignorance and shortcomings IMO. Many people apply the same school of thought to political talk radio as they do news in general. Get it from a variety of sources and compare/contrast and reach your own conclusions. I know I certainly do and have for many many years. People get their "news" from "news" sources and in general get their opinion commentary from sources of the same. And once again, more bluntly, your personal issues and anecdotes are exactly that and not endemic of the millions of people who do listen to Limbaugh.
    I have. Limbaugh went on, their ear pieces went in, it came out when the show was over. If they drove for a living, there was no way they'd miss the show, they'd schedule their route around his show. If they worked in the press at the newspaper, they'd listen, nothing was going to take away their Limbaugh. A man I worked with used his computer to listen to Limbaugh, god help you if you had to interrupt him.

    Retraction, admission, he stated that he had been taken in by a hoax. He offered up the comment that it "felt right" which is actually a dig at a famous comment Dan Rather made when he got caught doing all the things you say Limbaugh did. As to the fact that he did it "talking head" style, yeah no shizz eh? And of course...so what?
    What does Rather have to do with it? Just because one person did it one way does not mean everyone else now has that excuse, nor the right to make excuses based on that.

    So everyone else listening, as you do, they are lemmings and you are not? Hey do let us know just how ignorant it is you are comfortable looking. Oh and yeah, I see you are back to that idiotic "followers of a religion" fluff. yawn
    Not fluff, see above.

    I think I am starting to see a serious pattern here. Jeez guy, you really are serving as your own executioner aren't you?
    Cheap shot, should I say I see a pattern with you as well. you know I could, but I won't.


    Well I guess you are to be applauded for learning to think for yourself, as oxymoronic as that is. You will still fare better in social situations and discourse if you also can learn to stop transposing your own personal issues and takes on things, as that of the rest of the world.
    Yes, I can think for myself, and can notice around me what goes on, and can see what talking heads are worth, which is not much. As I said, people who listen to it like it is gospel are lemmings and have lost the ability to think for themselves.

    You can keep on going, you are not going to change my mind. I started listen to Limbaugh in the late eighties, stopped soon after and would tune in from time to time and find he is spewing the same crap, just wrapped with different paper.


    .


  7. #77
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jim View Post
    I have. Limbaugh went on, their ear pieces went in, it came out when the show was over. If they drove for a living, there was no way they'd miss the show, they'd schedule their route around his show. If they worked in the press at the newspaper, they'd listen, nothing was going to take away their Limbaugh. A man I worked with used his computer to listen to Limbaugh, god help you if you had to interrupt him.
    Anecdotal clap trap which by the way does nothing to support the claim that ALL people who listen to Limbaugh are comparable to "followers" of religion. You are way too comfortable couching your logic in stereotypicfication and have already admitted you do so happily. So please, you may go on pretending to argue the matter, but you might want to take note that you are arguing against a concept (ignorantly and broadly generalizing and stereotyping millions of human beings) which you have proudly admitted to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jim View Post
    What does Rather have to do with it? Just because one person did it one way does not mean everyone else now has that excuse, nor the right to make excuses based on that.
    I referred you to what Limbaugh stated after outing himself as a hoax victim, and I did so because you asked about it. So do try to keep up.


    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jim View Post
    Cheap shot, should I say I see a pattern with you as well. you know I could, but I won't.
    Why hold back now? You have already demonstrated you'll say just about anything, including attmitting to stereotyoping and transposing your own personal issues unto others and acting as if doing so is some kind of gospel empirical approach to the topic. Nothing could be further from the truth and this is all pretty elementary too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jim View Post
    Yes, I can think for myself, and can notice around me what goes on, and can see what talking heads are worth, which is not much. As I said, people who listen to it like it is gospel are lemmings and have lost the ability to think for themselves.
    Yes we know, you were a lemming for Limbaugh and perhaps other talk show hosts at one time. Try not to be so upset by the simplistic fact that this is not the case for everyone else and there are a great many people who listen to talk radio, all across the political spectrum, that have not been nor likely ever be a "lemming" for any show hosts or cause. As in stop transposing your personal issues onto others and you'll be able to converse on the matter with a lot more logic and thoughtfulness in your game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jim View Post
    You can keep on going, you are not going to change my mind. I started listen to Limbaugh in the late eighties, stopped soon after and would tune in from time to time and find he is spewing the same crap, just wrapped with different paper..
    Trust me, I don't think anyone expects the same type of person that justifies engaging in ignorant stereotryping to also be able to "change their mind" much less open it. So you feel free to keep things predicated upon labeling and stereotypes, it ain't very wise and won't win you any arguments, but it will appeal to other persons equally comfortable keeping things real dumb.

  8. #78
    User Just Plain Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central part of China
    Last Seen
    11-05-09 @ 09:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    96

    Re: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin View Post
    Anecdotal clap trap which by the way does nothing to support the claim that ALL people who listen to Limbaugh are comparable to "followers" of religion. You are way too comfortable couching your logic in stereotypicfication and have already admitted you do so happily. So please, you may go on pretending to argue the matter, but you might want to take note that you are arguing against a concept (ignorantly and broadly generalizing and stereotyping millions of human beings) which you have proudly admitted to.
    Yes, very proudly.

    I referred you to what Limbaugh stated after outing himself as a hoax victim, and I did so because you asked about it. So do try to keep up.
    Cheap shot

    Why hold back now? You have already demonstrated you'll say just about anything, including attmitting to stereotyoping and transposing your own personal issues unto others and acting as if doing so is some kind of gospel empirical approach to the topic. Nothing could be further from the truth and this is all pretty elementary too.
    Huh?

    Yes we know, you were a lemming for Limbaugh and perhaps other talk show hosts at one time.
    Very short term, I grew up

    Try not to be so upset by the simplistic fact that this is not the case for everyone else and there are a great many people who listen to talk radio, all across the political spectrum, that have not been nor likely ever be a "lemming" for any show hosts or cause. As in stop transposing your personal issues onto others and you'll be able to converse on the matter with a lot more logic and thoughtfulness in your game.
    see below

    Trust me, I don't think anyone expects the same type of person that justifies engaging in ignorant stereotryping to also be able to "change their mind" much less open it. So you feel free to keep things predicated upon labeling and stereotypes, it ain't very wise and won't win you any arguments, but it will appeal to other persons equally comfortable keeping things real dumb.
    Trust me, your disregard for decenting opinion is noted.

    .


  9. #79
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jim View Post
    Yes, very proudly.



    Cheap shot



    Huh?



    Very short term, I grew up



    see below



    Trust me, your disregard for decenting opinion is noted.

    .
    You are quite right to note my disregard for your specious claims. Descenting opinions are welcome in a debate board such as this, particularly those that are based in fact and not predicated upon willfully ignorant behavior such as that you state you proudly engage in. Your choice to try paint your claims in this thread as a "decenting" opinion would work better if your so called decenting opinion had some substance as a foundation. Instead you are left sputtering long ago debunked stereotypes about the Limbaugh audience, and given the fact that you admit this, do tell exactly what it is you think you are still arguing with me about?

    Of course you could just up and produce the trove of "well documented" examples that you claim exist, but can't quite seem to locate. We both know why you can't. Your so called "descenting opinion" reads like utterly common place internet hijinks. No substance at all couched in proudly stated ignorance and stereotypes. Congratulations and my what a persuasive argument you have offered.

  10. #80
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,480

    Re: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

    This just tells us that Limbaugh is no more serious about the truth than anyone of the other talking heads, left or right. If it serves his agenda he'll use it...facts be damned.

    He's not the only one.
    *insert profound statement here*

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •