Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 92

Thread: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

  1. #31
    User Just Plain Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central part of China
    Last Seen
    11-05-09 @ 09:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    96

    Re: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

    This is what I know about Rush.

    Years ago, I think it was the late 80's I was flipping through the dial of my radio and happened to come across this brash talking man, Rush Limbaugh, who seemed to be making a lot of sense. I tuned in for a few months, but something didn't seem quite right, I couldn't quite put my finger on it till one day he said, "man has never cause any extinction of any animal, FACT!" All I could think of was Dodo Bird.

    That is when I tuned him out and I have found these talking heads, regardless of how much they fit my ideology come up with so called facts that are taking out of their ass.

    Like Ray Talifaro of KGO in San Francisco, spewed some stuff about Bush that he claimed was all over the internet and swore up and down it was true. So I did my own fact checking and couldn't find hide or hair of that so called fact.

    My question then becomes, since they lied and mislead about that, then what percentage are they lying about? 1%, 5%, 10%, 50% or what? And of that, how are we to know what is fact or BS?

    That is why I don't listen to talking heads anymore, regardless of how much I agree with them because they have a history of taking things out of context, missquoting, believing a so called fact is a true because it fits their agenda, or just plain lying.

    Just like Rush.

    One of my favorite sites on the internet is this one:
    PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises

    .

    .
    Last edited by Just Plain Jim; 10-26-09 at 03:00 AM.


  2. #32
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Cheese Rocks! Rush Sucks!
    neither merits getting too excited about

  3. #33
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

    I'm not a big fan of Rush and fact is I haven't listened to him much since his days way back in Sacramento. I can't stand people like him and Mike Savage I find that half the time both of them are what Savages last name really is only plural Weiners.

    Punk'd definition is described as having a practical joke being pulled on you while being filmed, and I guess since Rush is on camera they got it right technically even though the author got the spelling wrong according to MtV standards which is funny it's self. (As if MTV has standards)

    Well I think it's kind of funny Rush gets Punk'd about Obama while the Country is getting Punk'd by Obama almost every day. Only thing is what Obama is doing is neither practical or funny worth a damn.

  4. #34
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    For Rush to run with that junk without checking it accuracy just shows how desperate he and his buddies really are.
    Like... Dan Rather/CBS in Septermber 2008?

    Except of couse, that was reported as FACT from a NEWS organization.

  5. #35
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    If this doesn't prove that Rush Limbaugh and the right wing are willing to take whatever is said about Obama and use it to smear regardless of the veracity behind it. I don't know what will.
    If this doesn't prove that Dan Rather/CBS...

    Oh, but that was different. I forgot.

  6. #36
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    11-30-09 @ 04:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    446

    Re: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    If this doesn't prove that Dan Rather/CBS...

    Oh, but that was different. I forgot.
    Cool beans. Rush Limbaugh is on an equal footing as Dan Rather. Both are idiots for not checking their sources and reporting false info. Thanks for the correlation.

  7. #37
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

    Lost amongst the knee jerking spasmodic rush to announce AH HA GOTCHA RUSH, is the fact that Limbaugh did in fact admit he had been punked as claimed. By all accounts about half way through his reading of the piece in question. Catch that one did some of you? He admitted it as soon as he became aware of it, which given the fact it happened live and on air, must not have too easy to do.

    As we see from recent headlines, Mr. Rather STILL has not been able to bring himself to do so regarding his well documented, shall we say......... error? He is STILL fighting a court case over this matter, STILL refusing to admit what happened and his role in it. For some reason all the "journalistic scholars" going on and on about Limbaugh seem to have missed this slightly salient point. Must be the ginormous blinders bolted to their oh so impartial and deeply intellectual skulls eh?

    And the none too talented band played on with their kazoos..........
    Last edited by Sir Loin; 10-27-09 at 03:27 AM.

  8. #38
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jim View Post
    This is what I know about Rush.

    Years ago, I think it was the late 80's I was flipping through the dial of my radio and happened to come across this brash talking man, Rush Limbaugh, who seemed to be making a lot of sense. I tuned in for a few months, but something didn't seem quite right, I couldn't quite put my finger on it till one day he said, "man has never cause any extinction of any animal, FACT!" All I could think of was Dodo Bird.

    That is when I tuned him out and I have found these talking heads, regardless of how much they fit my ideology come up with so called facts that are taking out of their ass.

    Like Ray Talifaro of KGO in San Francisco, spewed some stuff about Bush that he claimed was all over the internet and swore up and down it was true. So I did my own fact checking and couldn't find hide or hair of that so called fact.

    My question then becomes, since they lied and mislead about that, then what percentage are they lying about? 1%, 5%, 10%, 50% or what? And of that, how are we to know what is fact or BS?

    That is why I don't listen to talking heads anymore, regardless of how much I agree with them because they have a history of taking things out of context, missquoting, believing a so called fact is a true because it fits their agenda, or just plain lying.

    Just like Rush.

    One of my favorite sites on the internet is this one:
    PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises

    .

    .
    I am the same way. I have no time for talking heads... it's an automatic channel changer for me.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  9. #39
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    I think it funny as hell Anything to make Rush look even more the fool is a good thing. hehehe
    I would be surprised if any of his followers (1) thought he looked like a fool and (2) understood that the thesis thing was a hoax.

    It appears that when Rush sort of admitted that the thesis was nonexistent, he reiterated that Obama felt that way anyway. His blind followers would take that as gospel.

  10. #40
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,513

    Re: Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    It appears that when Rush sort of admitted that the thesis was nonexistent, he reiterated that Obama felt that way anyway. His blind followers would take that as gospel.

    I think you totally missed the sarcasm when he said that. Go back and re-read the transcript.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •