Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 119

Thread: Guess Who Has the Highest Medical Claim Rejection Rate?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Guess Who Has the Highest Medical Claim Rejection Rate?

    Deny This: Guess Who Has the Highest Medical Claim Rejection Rate?




    Deny This: Guess Who Has the Highest Medical Claim Rejection Rate? | NewsBusters.org
    That's right folks, medicare denies more sick people coverage then every single private insurance company combined. But hay by all means let's crush those evil insurance companies and vest our healthcare in the state. Obama, Reid, Pelosi you are sick ****ing jokes.

  2. #2
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Guess Who Has the Highest Medical Claim Rejection Rate?

    Damn,kinda puts to rest the notion that Democrats care for the little guy.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Guess Who Has the Highest Medical Claim Rejection Rate?

    Doesn't Medicare have a different demographic, consisting of more elderly people? Yes, they are rejected for one more day in the hospital because they actually need to have to go to a nursing home but are waiting for a bed. Yes they are rejected for in-hospital rehab. Yes they are not eligable for an insulin pump under medicare, and elderly have far higher rates of type 2 diabetes.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Guess Who Has the Highest Medical Claim Rejection Rate?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    Doesn't Medicare have a different demographic, consisting of more elderly people? Yes, they are rejected for one more day in the hospital because they actually need to have to go to a nursing home but are waiting for a bed. Yes they are rejected for in-hospital rehab. Yes they are not eligable for an insulin pump under medicare, and elderly have far higher rates of type 2 diabetes.
    Less of a % of the population are covered by medicare than by private insurance companies and yet they have more rejections rates than all private insurance companies combined.

  5. #5
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Guess Who Has the Highest Medical Claim Rejection Rate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    That's right folks, medicare denies more sick people coverage then every single private insurance company combined. But hay by all means let's crush those evil insurance companies and vest our healthcare in the state. Obama, Reid, Pelosi you are sick ****ing jokes.
    Did you ever stop to think that maybe this is because Medicare has more sick people? Also, what does "denied for reasons other than a claim edit" mean? Without more information on the actual circumstances of these denials, you can't possibly draw any logical conclusion from this data.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 10-07-09 at 08:59 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  6. #6
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Guess Who Has the Highest Medical Claim Rejection Rate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    That's right folks, medicare denies more sick people coverage then every single private insurance company combined. But hay by all means let's crush those evil insurance companies and vest our healthcare in the state. Obama, Reid, Pelosi you are sick ****ing jokes.
    Their denial percentage is comparable to each of those other insurance companies, especially Aetna.

    Misrepresentation FTW!
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Guess Who Has the Highest Medical Claim Rejection Rate?

    Maybe they're more likely to submit a claim because they have government insurance? This requires more research before you come to a conclusion.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Guess Who Has the Highest Medical Claim Rejection Rate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Less of a % of the population are covered by medicare than by private insurance companies and yet they have more rejections rates than all private insurance companies combined.
    What does "Less of a % of the population" mean?

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Guess Who Has the Highest Medical Claim Rejection Rate?

    ... a smaller portion?

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Guess Who Has the Highest Medical Claim Rejection Rate?

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Their denial percentage is comparable to each of those other insurance companies, especially Aetna.

    Misrepresentation FTW!
    lol um no they deny more people than all of the private insurance companies combined. Are you suggesting that medicare insures more people then all of those private insurance companies combined?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •